PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Obrien and Klemm

Thanks. More speculation. "I don't think he is able"? The inside expert source is not sure?

Let's get younger all the way around. And I wouldn't trust Breer on anything. That last line is ****ing joke....sounds straight out of Jonathan Kraft's mouth.

I am all for getting younger. But BB limited O'Brien, this Isn't the first time I heard of this. Sport radio reported it as well. And I think it might of been Curran who said there had been times where BB overrid the playcall on O'Brien to call something else.

The inside expert source has become a reality. Anyone can be a journalist nowadays, no education needed. Where are they finding these sources this time of year? At the grocery store?
I don't get why some are kind of aren't believing what's coming out..

"Inside source" Krafts been leaking stuff, player's been leaking stuff and BB been leaking stuff.

If you listen to sports radio they have been talking about all the time.

Felger had a great article on how bad it was between Kraft n BB going back to when Brady won a SB w the Bucs.

BB didn't want O'Brien to begin with. Knowing what you know about BB and how it's been going why would it not be believable that he has limited O'Brien (for example)

I am all for getting younger. But BB limited O'Brien, this Isn't the first time I heard of this. Sport radio reported it as well. And I think it might of been Curran who said there had been times where BB overrid the playcall on O'Brien to call something else.

Amazing that BB never limited or over ruled Josh McDaniels but all of a sudden started limiting O'Brien who the Kraft's hired. ;-)

Put up decent numbers.....because he has dynamic playmaking ability

Great because you set the bar low

Did you see any growth in his route running? His decision making? He at times looked totally lost.....
It’s easy to pile on when the team is 4-13 :confused:

He’s a rookie; he just came off of the best rookie WR season in Patriots history.

Douglas is one of the few bright spots we actually have on offense.

He’s one of the last players we ought to be criticizing.

Evidently BB stopped caring about winning more than anything and wanted to give BOB grief instead.
So true.

I mean...if you know the coach and I would assume most fans have been paying attention for the last 24 years.

None of the reports and comments made about this mess is far fetched.

The man hired Joe Judge n Patricia back because those were "his guys" not if they could do the job, just the fact that they basically kiss the ground he walked on and would never challenge him...

It’s easy to pile on when the team is 4-13 :confused:

He’s a rookie; he just came off of the best rookie WR season in Patriots history.

Douglas is one of the few bright spots we actually have on offense.

He’s one of the last players we ought to be criticizing.

I'm questioning the WR coach....did you see any evidence of development out of Boutte? Thornton? Douglas?

Talking about actually being an NFL quality WR.....running good routes, making the right reads, winning battles for the ball.....I think the kid could be a solid WR down the road, o just didn't see any progression out of him beyond his playmaking ability....coupled with the lack of improvement with any of the other young WRs, I have to look at the staff for that

And that wasn't a top 5 rookie WR season for the Pats....not even close to the best ...9th most yards (if you count Hernandez as a TE), terry Glenn doubled his yardage with 6 TDs

The kid could be a solid slot guy.....has a lot to learn, and I saw little evidence of forward movement.....do we blame the QB? The OC?

Or was the lack of development consistent amongst the young WRs and do they move on from Troy Brown?

I don't get why some are kind of aren't believing what's coming out..

"Inside source" Krafts been leaking stuff, player's been leaking stuff and BB been leaking stuff.

If you listen to sports radio they have been talking about all the time.

Felger had a great article on how bad it was between Kraft n BB going back to when Brady won a SB w the Bucs.

BB didn't want O'Brien to begin with. Knowing what you know about BB and how it's been going why would it not be believable that he has limited O'Brien (for example)
There are a zillion discrepancies in their stories so they very obviously can't all be true.

A head coach overruling a coordinator is as common as people putting on their socks in the morning.

Put up decent numbers.....because he has dynamic playmaking ability

Great because you set the bar low

Did you see any growth in his route running? His decision making? He at times looked totally lost.....

He broke Deion Branch’s rookie reception record in 13 games., and Branch had the GOAT throwing to him. And that’s not my bar, that’s the Patriots bar. He was a late round pick who played really well despite having the worst quarterbacks in football throwing to him.

So tell us how you evaluated his “ decision making?” Do you get all 22 footage with the sheet of assignments he had?

Whomever was in charge of the Patriots nutrition needs to be fired, the defense was clearly tiring latei in games, example: the Miami game. And don’t give me some pansy assed excuse about the heat, or the offense only playing 5 minutes out of 60, it was obviously low blood sugar.

I apologize if ENglish is a second language for you.

If you think that owner should have no say in the first choice in the draft, believe it.

Sorry mg, but given the way you wrote this English is clearly a second language for you.

So, your point is that ownership is in control of the team? I see nothing wrong with that.

Other than sucking for the next 20 years neither do I.

I'm questioning the WR coach....did you see any evidence of development out of Boutte? Thornton? Douglas?

Talking about actually being an NFL quality WR.....running good routes, making the right reads, winning battles for the ball.....I think the kid could be a solid WR down the road, o just didn't see any progression out of him beyond his playmaking ability....coupled with the lack of improvement with any of the other young WRs, I have to look at the staff for that

And that wasn't a top 5 rookie WR season for the Pats....not even close to the best ...9th most yards (if you count Hernandez as a TE), terry Glenn doubled his yardage with 6 TDs

The kid could be a solid slot guy.....has a lot to learn, and I saw little evidence of forward movement.....do we blame the QB? The OC?

Or was the lack of development consistent amongst the young WRs and do they move on from Troy Brown?

Great point. Butte’s play, decision making, and route running clearly deteriorated over the season. I was watching every play of his, and can remember every one of his receptions vividly, and couldn’t escape thinking how bad job Brown had done coaching him.

Whomever was in charge of the Patriots nutrition needs to be fired, the defense was clearly tiring latei in games, example: the Miami game. And don’t give me some pansy assed excuse about the heat, or the offense only playing 5 minutes out of 60, it was obviously low blood sugar.
I don't think it was a nutrition thing. I think it was a putrid offense. If your O is going 3 and out or throwing picks all the time, it's going to wear your D down.

Great point. Butte’s play, decision making, and route running clearly deteriorated over the season. I was watching every play of his, and can remember every one of his receptions vividly, and couldn’t escape thinking how bad job Brown had done coaching him.
Not just him, either, it's everyone. He's been Thornton's coach since he's gotten here, I don't think he's ever run a route properly. It's all the WRs, and all the TE's. The splits are all off, the routes aren't run at consistent distances. It seems the only time a Patriot WR or TE catches a pass, is if they make an individual athletic effort to do so, not because of scheme, or coaching, or pass placement.

He broke Deion Branch’s rookie reception record in 13 games., and Branch had the GOAT throwing to him. And that’s not my bar, that’s the Patriots bar. He was a late round pick who played really well despite having the worst quarterbacks in football throwing to him.

So tell us how you evaluated his “ decision making?” Do you get all 22 footage with the sheet of assignments he had?

Terry Glenn had 90/1132/6TDs as rookie?

There are a zillion discrepancies in their stories so they very obviously can't all be true.

A head coach overruling a coordinator is as common as people putting on their socks in the morning.

I am sure not every single thing stated is true, that's kind of obviously to me. But using the whole where there is "smoke there is fire" phases here. You can kind of put pieces together and kind of see where a lot of things went wrong.

I think whoever solely blames O'Brien's playing calling. Doesn't realize a lot of it wasn't on him O'Brien solely. (ex: the man was not allowing to bring in his own coaches, had to keep people like Troy Brown as his receivers coach and not his own receivers coach) . I honestly, Do not remember anyone complaining about his play calling when he was here the first time. Yes we understand having Brady, but the "game plans" or "plays" didn't seem to be the same from what we seen this year.

He seemed to do a OK job calling plays when he was out in Houston and had a healthy D. Watson....Just this year I think there's a lot we're starting to see come out that everything over there was a complete and total sh*t show!

I am all for getting younger. But BB limited O'Brien, this Isn't the first time I heard of this. Sport radio reported it as well. And I think it might have been Curran who said there had been times where BB overrid the playcall on O'Brien to call something else.
IIRC half the time when O is on field he doesnt even have headset on cause he is talking to D players one-one. And I have never seen him w a playsheet in his hands.

there isn’t a lot of time there on the play clock for HC to be overriding Oc if he doesn’t have a sheet

Imo Curran is not a complete trustworthy source

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back