PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Note to Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's THE OFFSEASON.

Well golly gee willikers. Why didn't I think of that?

Maybe there's something happening during the off season that fans would like to talk about!

I remember there was something we used to talk about in April.:confused:

So we can't talk about training camp either?

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=38303

Keep posting the training camp reports here in this forum just as you have been, I'm just going to archive them to the other forum at the end of each day so they don't get lost. You guys each put a lot of time into them, and I want to make sure they're all kept here. That's why I created that other forum for the reports, photos, etc. It also makes them easy to go back and look at as well for anyone who wants to.

Ian

Well golly gee willikers. Why didn't I think of that?

Maybe there's something happening during the off season that fans would like to talk about!

I remember there was something we used to talk about in April.:confused:

You can talk about it in the DRAFT FORUM.

That's why it's there! You can talk about workouts! You can talk about past draft history! You can talk about draft needs! You can talk about mock drafts! You can talk about the combine! You can talk about what you'll be eating during the draft!

It's ALL in ONE place!

Nobody said you can't talk about the draft. Is it really that difficult to make one extra click?

C'mon, this is getting insane.

That Training Camp Forum was a godsend. No longer did I lose or miss wicked pissah interesting camp reports.

I can't believe some folks are averse to a 'mouse click' that takes them right to what they want specifically.

And as always, I take a good look at the thread and its discussion before I move it. If I (or any other moderator) thinks it would fit better with all the other draft discussion, we'll move it.

This thread is already 116 posts long. Although a number of other members and moderators have stated that it would be apropriate for some draft discussion to take place on the main board at this time, you continue to deny the point. Even in your most recent response you state regardless of this discussion you will continue to move draft threads out of this board.

You claim that the majority has spoken. With the exception of yourself and just a couple of others, it seems to me that the response has been overwhelmingly in favor of allowing draft discussion on the main board. When someone in a position of power imposes his will over everyone else, the majority has not spoken. It is not a democracy, it is a dictatorship. To my knowledge you were not elected to this position, rather it was apointed.

Once again, I ask the remainder of the moderators and Ian to step into this situation.

That Training Camp Forum was a godsend. No longer did I lose or miss wicked pissah interesting camp reports.

I can't believe some folks are averse to a 'mouse click' that takes them right to what they want specifically.

Amen. That's the intent of the sub-forum.

This thread is already 116 posts long.

And has raised my blood pressure about that much.

Scott37 said:
Although a number of other members and moderators have stated that it would be apropriate for some draft discussion to take place on the main board at this time, you continue to deny the point. Even in your most recent response you state regardless of this discussion you will continue to move draft threads out of this board.

Nothing has changed. Has Ian said anything?

Scott37 said:
You claim that the majority has spoken. With the exception of yourself and just a couple of others, it seems to me that the response has been overwhelmingly in favor of allowing draft discussion on the main board. When someone in a position of power imposes his will over everyone else, the majority has not spoken. It is not a democracy, it is a dictatorship. To my knowledge you were not elected to this position, rather it was apointed.

It's Ian's call.

Scott37 said:
Once again, I ask the remainder of the moderators and Ian to step into this situation.

There are 9 moderators on the Pats Forum (me, T-Shirt, shmessy, mgteich, Miguel, AJ, Crazy Patriot Guy, patchick, and Chewy), plus two admins, with Bob George more of a writer than a poster.

Of those 11, only 2 have responded.

What about if you want general patriots talk?

I'm not making "draft reports" that need to be archived.

There is a distinction.

If I see something on the general board about the draft, I'll go to the draft forum for more information. That's how it's supposed to work.

Draft talk in April is the main topic, not a niche.

No it isn't.

That is why I'm suggesting that Patriot specific draft threads be allowed on the main forum. We are 27 days away and now the draft becomes a serious part of the Patriots future.

There will be some judgement calls left to the mods. I don't think any mod wants to "rule the board".

I'm sorry. Does this moderator's opinion not count?

Nut only rules over the ladies' lounge. :D

I do respect his opinion tremendously, though.

Amen. That's the intent of the sub-forum.

For training camp "reports" to be archived, not training camp or draft talk.

Anyone could see the difference.

What about if you want general patriots talk?

The main forum, if it's about anything but the draft.

RayClay said:
I'm not making "draft reports" that need to be archived.

There is a distinction.

If I see something on the general board about the draft, I'll go to the draft forum for more information. That's how it's supposed to work.

Draft talk in April is the main topic, not a niche.

The main forum this time of the year is the draft forum.

If you feel that all draft talk should be on the main forum, as it's the main thing this time of year, PM Ian about it. But don't tell me. I can't do anything about it.

For training camp "reports" to be archived, not training camp or draft talk.

Anyone could see the difference.

Ian never mentioned the draft forum. You're trying to apply his description of one sub-forum to another.

(Are we seriously arguing about sub-forums still? If you want to talk about the draft, talk about the draft where all the other draft talk is. If you want to talk about anything else Patriots, talk about that where all the other Pats talk is. Simple!)

There are 9 moderators on the Pats Forum (me, T-Shirt, shmessy, mgteich, Miguel, AJ, Crazy Patriot Guy, patchick, and Chewy), plus two admins, with Bob George more of a writer than a poster.

Of those 11, only 2 have responded. Shmessy and I. We are both of the same opinion.

Actually, I responded with a different opinion.

I generally keep to the draft forum and am not in the business of moving threads out of the main forum (unless it's obvious spam, etc.) But I sometimes see full-blown threads appear in the draft forum that surprise me, because they seem like items of general interest -- say a discussion of the Patriots' philosophy in prioritizing different positions.

Certainly, we're all individuals and will judge threads different ways. But my inclination would be to give some weight to where the original poster placed the thread on the assumption that he/she put it there for a reason, and only move it if it's inappropriate in that place. So, e.g., an unapologetic flame from a Jets troll would move to the visitors forum, and somebody looking for input on who the Bengals should choose in a mock draft should move to the draft forum. But a Jets fan who wants to discuss the difficulty of schedules in the AFC East or a post about whether the Pats still have draft needs on offense is a reasonable topic for the main forum, and deserves that broad-based audience.

Just one gal's opinion.

Actually, I responded with a different opinion.

I generally keep to the draft forum and am not in the business of moving threads out of the main forum (unless it's obvious spam, etc.) But I sometimes see full-blown threads appear in the draft forum that surprise me, because they seem like items of general interest -- say a discussion of the Patriots' philosophy in prioritizing different positions.

Certainly, we're all individuals and will judge threads different ways. But my inclination would be to give some weight to where the original poster placed the thread on the assumption that he/she put it there for a reason, and only move it if it's inappropriate in that place. So, e.g., an unapologetic flame from a Jets troll would move to the visitors forum, and somebody looking for input on who the Bengals should choose in a mock draft should move to the draft forum. But a Jets fan who wants to discuss the difficulty of schedules in the AFC East or a post about whether the Pats still have draft needs on offense is a reasonable topic for the main forum, and deserves that broad-based audience.

Just one gal's opinion.

bingo.gif

My bad. I just noticed that.

Nut responded also (although he only monitors the nude girls).

And I still dont know why the Saints fan draft hasn't been moved.

Last edited:

In this forum it counts no more than any other members - he's the mod of the Ladies Lounge.

I just took a quick spin through this whiny assed thread and guess what - 116 posts and the majority are by a handful of unhappy campers and pats1 wasting time trying to reason with them. With a smattering of interest at best from the remaining thousands of posters on this board, hundreds of whom are logged in at any given time even in this down period, a fairly large number of whom were expressing displeasure with the board not that long ago when it wasn't well structured or consistently moderated.

I also visit the draft forum regularly now, as I did last night, and amazingly I find everything I want to know right where I can efficiently peruse it without having to go searching for it through a sea of redundant or unrelated threads. Damn. :rolleyes:

I think the answer for the vocal minority lies in Ray Clay's post.

RayClay said:
I really don't care. The main board is dead with at least 5 threads without a post for over 24 hours and not many interesting football threads at all.

Fortunately, I'm a member of lots of boards, so when one starts to get over moderated I try to find one that's lively.

IMO, there is no need to move any threads unless they are not Patriots related.

Nothing could be more relevant on the main board in April than draft talk.

Why not let the posters decide where they want to post?

Ian does just that. WE are all free to post on any board we choose, including those operated by entities other than himself. If you go join the NEM Nation and you can likely become a moderator to boot. ;)

Ego and personality being what it is there will always be a certain amount of unhappy campers on any board. It's the nature of the beast as some folks just aren't happy unless they have something to be unhappy and ***** about. Or as BB says, it is what it is. :D

Nut responded also (although he only monitors the nude girls).

And I still dont know why the Saints fan draft hasn't been moved.

I just did. Didn't see that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore