PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Note to Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all you guys who are all complaining about the Mods choices are so smart then stop whining and complaining about the draft threads being moved and try and use that brain of yours (even if its a small one) to come up with a topic that would be so interesting instead of bashing other threads,mine included along with bashing mods like Pats1 and others who were assigned this by Ian and must be respected to do the job.

I don't think I ever "bashed" your thread. You have made a decent attempt to present subjects for the main board to discuss during a fairly slow time of year. I have read your threads and have appreciated them. Nonetheless, there have been others who have wanted to discuss draft subjects with the board only to have their threads moved. Many posters aren't experts on the draft and may feel more comfortable asking a general draft question on the main forum.

That Apparel post got about 50 replies so far,Somebody was interested - Lets see YOU come up with a post that gets 50 non-smart aleck replies and then we can talk - O.K.?,I can't spell it out any easier for you - GO ahead,make us proud dude.

Not for nothing but this thread has now received 80 replies.

Now I am not going to say I disagree with you about the draft thing because the draft IS the MOST important stuff going on now and I myself would like it to be on the main board..But the fact lies that its not and won't be,You gotta respect Pats1 and other mods who move them when they appear on the main board...Its not gonna change by any petition and unfortunately weird stuff like my posts will show up until the draft is over.

Why not question authority. When society in general isn't happy about a certain policy that government puts forward you can bet that people will come out of the wood work and ask for that policy to be changed. It's called the democratic system. If you feel the same way about the draft info being on the main board let those in authority know. If there is discontent, I'm sure that Ian would prefer to know and have an oportunity to react or at least call for a general vote of the members rather than just lose members to other boards.

I can respect Pats1 and still not agree with a policy that he's been asked to perform. Ian has always listened to the members and I'm sure that if enough of us come forward he'd be happy to let the members take the board in whatever direction they'd like to see it go - hence the name of the site: patsfans.

Patriots specific related draft stuff should remain in the main forum. If it's a report on whether Brady Quinn ran at the combine or not, should be in the draft forum.

Moving a thread about BB's draft record with the Pats shouldn't have happened.

Just another point - when training camp rolls around is everything training camp related - Mrs. B's reports, our own poster's reports of attending training camp, and articles from the media which are related to the Pats - going to be moved to the Training Camp Forum?

I just think a little discrection needs to be used.

I'll go by the sub-forum description, as usual.

"Here is where we will archive all 2006 fan training camp reports, pictures, and more. You'll be able to find all previous threads and replies here as we follow the team's progress through camp."

And with he draft forum:

"This is the place to come and Talk about the upcoming New England Patriots 2007 Draft."

Now, would a thread about BB's DB draft history be better suited - more pertinent - in the draft forum than any forum? I'd say so. Would you rather have that thread alongside threads about Brady/Manning or alongside threads about the DBs available for the Pats to draft?

I'm not the one who put those descriptions there, folks. If you have a problem with them, talk to Ian.

"Here is where we will archive all 2006 fan training camp reports, pictures, and more. You'll be able to find all previous threads and replies here as we follow the team's progress through camp."

And with he draft forum:

"This is the place to come and Talk about the upcoming New England Patriots 2007 Draft."

Now, would a thread about BB's DB draft history be better suited - more pertinent - in the draft forum than any forum? I'd say so. Would you rather have that thread alongside threads about Brady/Manning or alongside threads about the DBs available for the Pats to draft?

I'm not the one who put those descriptions there, folks. If you have a problem with them, talk to Ian.

Actually I hope that's what we're doing right now. The name of this thread is Note to Ian. It is my hope that he'll read the entire thread as it was addressed to him.

The application of this rule in such a draconian way is hurting this board. If the rules of society were employed in the same way that moderators are enforcing the rules here, all of us would be in jail. Just think about it every time your car hits 66 mph on the highway, you have committed a crime.

Actually I hope that's what we're doing right now. The name of this thread is Note to Ian. It is my hope that he'll read the entire thread as it was addressed to him.

The application of this rule in such a draconian way is hurting this board. If the rules of society were employed in the same way that moderators are enforcing the rules here, all of us would be in jail. Just think about it every time your car hits 66 mph on the highway, you have committed a crime.

And so you're for a certain draft thread irredenta?

And so you're for a certain draft thread irredenta?

Yes, exactly. Historically the draft threads were left alone on the main forum and there are years of precident to that point. All I'm asking for is for these rules to be relaxed to the point that they were applied in the past.

If the problem is that members are complaining about a certain thread then let's find a way to have the moderators take action only if there are a certain number of complaints, say 3, prior to an item being moved. Otherwise, why not leave them alone.

And so if no one complains about a thread about legal abortion in the Pats forum, it rightfully deserves to be there?

I know what you're saying and I agree to an extent, but we're going to the other extreme here. I think this forum could tolerate draft discussion which isn't too specific but more Pats-related.

And where do you draw the line? "Threads that are more than MC² extent about the draft get moved?"

The most logical way of doing things, if there is a draft forum, is just to move all threads which would be more pertinent in that sub-forum to that sub-forum.

Seymour93 said:
There would be no forum meltdown if this occured.

What forum "meltdown?" PatsFans has more members and active members than ever.

Are you seriously trying to blame the slowness of the offseason on me? What am I supposed to do? Petition Goodell to schedule games year-round?

Yes, exactly. Historically the draft threads were left alone on the main forum and there are years of precident to that point. All I'm asking for is for these rules to be relaxed to the point that they were applied in the past.

Then the draft forum is rendered meaningless. It will fall into obscurity like before.

Are you for the removal of the draft forum?

The most logical way of doing things has all of the draft-related threads in one forum. That forum could either be the main forum or another. And since there already is another forum - the draft forum - why not put them there?

Not issues with you personally (since I don't know you - this is the internet after all), just with the way you "moderate" this forum.

Take them up with Ian.

If there was a URL to PM him, I'd post it here for you.

Look, I'm not here to get into an argument. A simple question was asked and to this point you have avoided it. Now you're done?

I'm done with Seymour trying to drag his anti-Pats1 agenda into this, something he has quite frankly done a few times since I expressed my disdain for college football.

I'm trying to have a discussion with you, and he's just been side-swiping my along the way.

And so if no one complains about a thread about legal abortion in the Pats forum, it rightfully deserves to be there?

Topics that are clearly non football related shouldn't go on the main board, especially if inflamitory in nature. However, during slow periods of time, if the board members want to entertain themselves with a thread I don't believe it proper for you or anyone else to alter them. The way that the rule is being enforced at this time is so far over the edge that you can barely even post an OT subject to the board when it gets moved scarcely seconds or minutes later.

Then the draft forum is rendered meaningless. It will fall into obscurity like before.?

IMO the draft forum is more of an area for those people who specialize in knowledge and discussion of college football and the draft. It is certainly not meaningless.

Absolutely not. The two boards can exist side by side.

The most logical way of doing things has all of the draft-related threads in one forum. That forum could either be the main forum or another. And since there already is another forum - the draft forum - why not put them there?

Just let those who would like to have a general discussion of the draft post on the main board and those with specialized knowledge post on the draft board.

And with he draft forum:

The header for the fan forum says:

Welcome to the PatsFans.com messageboard, the home for New England Patriots discussion here at PatsFans.com.

I think anything discussing the Pats should stay on the main board.

And with he draft forum:

So we can't talk about training camp either?

The Draft Forum is located just above this one so I don't see the problem. Last year it was on a separate page, so you did have to go looking for it.

I can see why some posters who are 'casual" draft dorks may not want to go to the draft forum. You do have serious draft geeks, like myself, looking at the entire draft.

Here is a suggestion: Any draft thread that is Patriots specific could be left on the main forum. All others go to the draft forum.

Example: Why Patrick Willis would be an awesome Patriots player- on the main forum

Example: Mock drafts on the or just posting a players name and measurables without saying why he would be a good choice for the Patriots- should be on the draft forum.

EDIT:any thread started with "note to IAN" should not be . If it's a note to Ian, that's what PM's are for.

And where do you draw the line? "Threads that are more than MC² extent about the draft get moved?"

The most logical way of doing things, if there is a draft forum, is just to move all threads which would be more pertinent in that sub-forum to that sub-forum.

What forum "meltdown?" PatsFans has more members and active members than ever.

Are you seriously trying to blame the slowness of the offseason on me? What am I supposed to do? Petition Goodell to schedule games year-round?

You leave Patriots related material alone.

People here know which forum they want to post in. If they want to discuss with the draftniks or those interested in visiting that forum only this time of year they will.

If they want to post it in the general forum, there is nothing more relevant to Patriots football this time of year than draft talk.

Why not let the posters decide?

Then the draft forum is rendered meaningless. It will fall into obscurity like before.

It's not supposed to be more important than the main board.

It was a draft forum before. Now it's the only forum with any current Patriots related material to speak of.

Why is that better?

Good analogy. Abortion is as Patriots related as draft talk weeks before the draft.:rolleyes:

Yes.

Then reinstate it on the front page as it is and let the posters decide where they want to post.

Both forums will fill up appropriately. The front page is now lagging behind KFFL despite their problems getting new posters registerd.

Our front page is completely stagnant and this thread is the only one worth posting in since I already voted for Corey Dillon for President.

You are so stubborn you'll never admit you're wrong even when it is obvious.

The Draft Forum is located just above this one so I don't see the problem. Last year it was on a separate page, so you did have to go looking for it.

I can see why some posters who are 'casual" draft dorks may not want to go to the draft forum. You do have serious draft geeks, like myself, looking at the entire draft.

Here is a suggestion: Any draft thread that is Patriots specific could be left on the main forum. All others go to the draft forum.

Example: Why Patrick Willis would be an awesome Patriots player- on the main forum

Example: Mock drafts on the or just posting a players name and measurables without saying why he would be a good choice for the Patriots- should be on the draft forum.

EDIT:any thread started with "note to IAN" should not be . If it's a note to Ian, that's what PM's are for.

PatsNut, now that the draft forum is on the front page, why not let nature take it's course?

If posters want to use the draft forum they will.

Is the entire goal of Patsfans to get more traffic to the draft forum?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back