PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Remember Wolf isn't a GM, hes a talent scout

Listen to RK's press conference when BB was leaving. He was asked about GM control and he specifically says in that press conference that BB did not have full GM control at the beginning until he earned it (about 2005/2006). Above I posted RK announcement that the draft approach has changed. BB had full control previously so if the appraoch changed that = BB did not have full control from 2021 onwards.

Full control of the draft and players on the field are two different things. We are talking about the draft in this thread, and you changed the discussion to whether Bledsoe was going to play on the field (a non-draft issue) as proof that BB had full control of the draft. You are confusing two different issues, full control as GM and full control as Coach (who plays on the field).

The narrative that BB had full control for the last 24 years is completely errant but posters keep saying and most people believe it.
Kraft has been playing fast and loose with his actions lately and I think he's full of **** if he doesn't say Bill was in control throughout his time (maybe a little got stripped at the end and given to Groh but even that I think was more about giving Bill different resources than seizing control).

Last edited:
Kraft has been playing fast and loose with his actions lately and I think he's full of **** if he doesn't say Bill was in control throughout his time (maybe a little got stripped at the end and given to Groh but even that I think was more about giving Bill different resources than seizing control).

So now the posters know more about the inner workings of the Patriots than the owner. Too funny.

So now the posters know more about the inner workings of the Patriots than the owner. Too funny.
Inner workings no but he has clearly been working the spin machine hard this off-season. And I just flat out do not believe Bill did not have control during the 2000-2006 seasons as you seem to think. And since your link was wrong to begin with I assume your misrepresenting what was said if it was even said at all.

Cole Strange is a thoroughbred in relation to the lineman they brought in.
That’s true. I thought zone blocking was supposed to make a comeback, but they have a lot of smashbang linemen.

That’s true. I thought zone blocking was supposed to make a comeback, but they have a lot of smashbang linemen.
I think strong athletic linemen can play any scheme.

West coast “zone” offense got a reputation for lighter less talented linemen, mostly because of old Bronco’s lines under Mike Shanahan and Gary Kubiak… but they did that out of necessity, not a desire to roster less talented guys. They had less talented guys and needed an edge… that was zone blocking.

Zone blocking with 5 mauling beasts is just more effective, but it has to be well coached and executed.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back