PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eliot Wolf a Finalist for Bears GM Position

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score

Eliot Wolf was part of the great 2021 Patriots draft, a welcome change from 8 prior years of crappy drafts ever since Floyd Reese left. Pats are screwed if Wolf leaves (more NKeal Harry and SloJuan drafting, and Sanu trades).

Wolf is the son of HOF GM Ron Wolf of the Packers, and was previously assistant GM of the Packers and assistant GM of the Browns. Of note the Browns went from 0-16 to 11-5 while Wolf was there, picking up multiple stud players.

Last edited:
Not really relevant to this news but just a thought about Wolf in general...even if he doesn't get the Bears job, I don't think it's a guarantee that he'd return to the Patriots. He signed a four year contract as the Browns' assistant general manager in 2018, meaning they're done paying him this year (probably after the draft). That could mean it's time for him to go take a more traditional position within the main hierarchy of a personnel department, rather than his completely undefined role with the Patriots.

Last edited:
I hope Wolf stays but feel confident Bill has learned from the less than stellar drafts as well as last year’s boon and will find a way to carry the momentum forward.

Not really relevant to this news but just a thought about Wolf in general...even if he doesn't get the Bears job, I don't it's a guarantee that he'd return to the Patriots. He signed a four year contract as the Browns' assistant general manager in 2018, meaning they're done paying him this year (probably after the draft). That could mean it's time for him to go take a more traditional position within the main hierarchy of a personnel department, rather than his completely undefined role with the Patriots.

Great point. He hung out for a but now time to go in full time.

It's my belief that The Wolf was brought in to "clean up" by Kraft. IMO Kraft told Bill that Wolf is going to help (along with others) in providing draft input and Bill WILL be more open to listening to others for the draft. I hope he stays for a long time.

Eliot Wolf was part of the great 2021 Patriots draft, a welcome change from 8 prior years of crappy drafts ever since Floyd Reese left. Pats are screwed if Wolf leaves (more NKeal Harry and SloJuan drafting, and Sanu trades).

Wolf is the son of HOF GM Ron Wolf of the Packers, and was previously assistant GM of the Packers and assistant GM of the Browns. Of note the Browns went from 0-16 to 11-5 while Wolf was there, picking up multiple stud players.
Link doesn't work for me.

Great 2021 draft compared to mediocrity from 2013-2020. Sanu for a 2nd rounder was Ziegler
Ziegler ran the draft for the first time in 2021.
Sanu was Belichick, Brady and caserio.

It's my belief that The Wolf was brought in to "clean up" by Kraft. IMO Kraft told Bill that Wolf is going to help (along with others) in providing draft input and Bill WILL be more open to listening to others for the draft. I hope he stays for a long time.
Wolf was hired in 2020 under Caserio not 2021 when he was under Ziegler.
What leads to your opinion that Kraft decided to tell some new hire from the Browns that Bill Belichick has to shut up and listen to him, and why would Belichick accept that?
Your suggestion is that after

Win SB
Lose Conf Champ
Win SB
Lise SB
Win SB
12-4 lose in first round

That Bob Kraft said let’s find someone we don’t know to tell the idiot who got those results what to do.
Really?

Ziegler ran the draft for the first time in 2021.
Sanu was Belichick, Brady and caserio.
Brady had no input in personnel decisions. He said so himself: " I'm just a player." Probably one of several reasons he decided to leave.

What leads to your opinion that Kraft decided to tell some new hire from the Browns that Bill Belichick has to shut up and listen to him, and why would Belichick accept that?

Win SB
Lose Conf Champ
Win SB
Lise SB
Win SB
12-4 lose in first round

That Bob Kraft said let’s find someone we don’t know to tell the idiot who got those results what to do.
Really?
It's well documented Kraft complained about the sh**ty drafts the previous 5 years and said it would be a group effort. Bill acknowledged Wolf, Ziegler and the scout took the lead in FAcy and the draft and said they put in a lot of the work. He praised them for their work.

Win SB
Lose Conf Champ
Win SB
Lise SB
Win SB
12-4 lose in first round

Really?
No

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes