PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"No One Is Coming. Its Up To Us"

Shirts with slogans on it have been happening for the entire Belichek regime and I’m sure many other teams. Anyone remember “Target: September”?
Individual shirts by coaches.
Not some varsity blues get off the bus together avengers assemble matching outfits while losing.

Yep. Cringe.

Literally nothing like it. One is coming at the beginning of the season amidst relentless critique, failures to execute, a disappointing 1-2 start, following two years of mundane puttering, and is a message within the institution to remind itself of what it takes to win with a focus on accountability.

The other was following a season's worth of wins, which may be deserved recognition, yet it was before the games that are most important. It was the donning of a victor's luxurious wear before the spoils were won. It was a message external to the institution that suggested you're in trouble before even facing them.

Not the same orbit. If it's just the mere idea of a slogan as being cringeworthy... I dunno what to say, maybe you've never played sports lol.

lmao when Houston wore the Letterman jackets it was leading into the week where the media was saying the Texans were about to “dethrone” the Patriots (2012?) as the perennial cream of the AFC crop and they came to Gillette and didn’t even survive the first ****ing quarter.

There was legit nothing cool about their stupid jackets at all. Media turned viciously on them afterwards for letting them down.

That’s one of my favorite top 10 regular season games in the annihilate-everyone-in-humiliating-fashion-but-come-up-just-short-in-title-games era. That was the kind of game that sets a franchise back five - ten years, like the Jets Thanksgiving of the same year.

I hate this especially with the Patriots sitting on a ton of cap next year which they could easily dip into to improve this year's offense.

Shades of "wanted: winners" T-shirts from 2001. I am good with it. The clip from America's Game is here.

I hate this especially with the Patriots sitting on a ton of cap next year which they could easily dip into to improve this year's offense.
I don't mind the sentiment as I don't think it came from Bill or expresses his sentiments about the trade deadline, but I'm with you and would like them to make a deal for somebody: Jeudy, Higgins, Evans... someone.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back