PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLPA files motion to vacate

Status
Not open for further replies.
See Andrew Brandt quote above. Agree with you about the obstruction part, but the "scheme" part is saying that in their view he schemed to violate playing rules, and thus the reason for the suspension.
But that's not what the Wells report says. Wells says generally aware. Very different from scheming. This is getting strange.

But that's not what the Wells report says. Wells says generally aware. Very different to scheming. This is getting strange.

The NFL is moving the goalpost???

cg-uoq3xaaab4wp.jpg

This judge isn't doing Goodell or the NFL any favors. His decision to not seal all the documents clearly was was the NFLPA wanted the NFL didn't. I am assuming Judge Berman knew this when he made that decision.

I haven't seen this judge seem particularly biased towardthe NFL thus far. If anything, he seems to be siding with Brady.
For the court of public opinion the public documents help. Doesnt mean the ruling goes that way because everyone now knows NFL lied but dont think the judge is going to be able to rule just based on that.

The NFL's main point: Even if Goodell royally screwed up the interpretation of the CBA, it's not enough to overturn..from our pal Volin.;)

...the sad thing is this is actually possible. so absurd on so many levels.

See Andrew Brandt quote above. Agree with you about the obstruction part, but the "scheme" part is saying that in their view he schemed to violate playing rules, and thus the reason for the suspension.
This is the worrying part from how the judge views it and forces brady to some settlement.

For the court of public opinion the public documents help. Doesnt mean the ruling goes that way because everyone now knows NFL lied but dont think the judge is going to be able to rule just based on that.

No, but odds are the NFLPA asked the Judge that the records to be made public and the NFL asked the records to be sealed. If this is the case, this could be an indication on how the Judge is leaning in his thinking. If he was in the bag for the NFL, he probably would have given into the request to seal the records.

But that's not what the Wells report says. Wells says generally aware. Very different from scheming. This is getting strange.
Agreed. This has moved from the findings being "generally aware" in the Wells report, to obstruction in the appeal, and finally a "scheme" which would insinuate a conscious effort. I think the nfl is grasping at straws and all they have left is to increase the rhetoric.

Last edited:
Iam pissed all over again. The NFL is lying to all our faces and may still get out of it winning it. Just makes me really mad.

Did you expect them to concede or something?

True, but I'm pretty sure this thing on the 12th isn't a mediation session.
It's not. It's the first of two public hearings. From the filings today it sounds like it will be an interesting show. There will be much attention on the judge I'm sure.

Did you expect them to concede or something?
No .They just remind me frequently that their depth of cheapness and lies are bottomless everytime they say something.

something to keep in mind, all the NFL has to do is point at all of the cases where goodell was overturned either by a judge, or by a second arbitor that was forced to replace goodell at the order of a judge.

And it starts Monday with him eating a very bad salad.

It could start tomorrow at the Hall of Fame ceremony. Will people "boo" him at that thing?

It could start tomorrow at the Hall of Fame ceremony. Will people "boo" him at that thing?
The owners meet on aug 11th. How can jonathan not punch him on sight ???? And how can brady be in the same room as this guy on aug 12 and not punch him ?

haha i expect polian/bettis to publicly thank goodell for caring about the " integrity of the game " in their speeches. gonna avoid the HOF this year. weak class...
charles haley, another person with high integrity. lol

But beyond that, if something (like contradictions in NFL record) that's blatantly obvious to everyone is also aligned with his ruling, it's easier for him justify his decisions for things like intervening in arbitration (Goodell exceeded the bounds of the CBA, in the expectation that Brady would provide his cellphone for example) . Judge Berman doesn't have to make case law, he can just accept Doty's precedent about requiring notice, easily find multiple examples where notice was not given (Wells not warning Brady about cellphone, league not giving Brady notice that Wells was not independent, etc.) and rule based on that. Big question might be whether he totally finds for Brady and throws it out, or if he oriders a rehearing in front of a truly neutral arbitrator. Public opinion may make the former more likely, where normally deference to the arbitration process might otherwise motivate the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back