PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeMaurice Smith requests to appear as co-counsel for next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

juny

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
  1. Daniel Wallach‏@WALLACHLEGAL3h3 hours ago
    NFLPA boss DeMaurice Smith asks for court permission to appear as co-counsel for union in Brady v. NFL; he just filed a motion this morning

19 retweets21 favorites

2. 10:55 AM - 6 Aug 2015
    Lou Michels‏@LouMichels1h1 hour ago
    @WALLACHLEGAL He's hoping for a big win...

0 retweets0 favorites

3. 10:56 AM - 6 Aug 2015
    Daniel Wallach‏@WALLACHLEGAL1h1 hour ago
    @LouMichels And a choice seat up front.

0 retweets0 favorites

4. 10:57 AM - 6 Aug 2015
    Lou Michels‏@LouMichels1h1 hour ago
    @WALLACHLEGAL And his name on the pleadings and opinion.

0 retweets1 favorite

5. 11:04 AM - 6 Aug 2015 ·
    Daniel Wallach‏@WALLACHLEGAL57m57 minutes ago
    @LouMichels the winning opinion ;)

0 retweets1 favorite
Lou Michels‏@LouMichels
@WALLACHLEGAL I'm thinking their confidence level has just gone up if he's putting his name on things.

Is he trying to feather his cap, or does he just want to watch Goodell squirm in person?

Not sure but from a political standpoint, if Dee Smith didn't think TB12 had a case or didn't see a strong possibility of slamming the NFL he'd be somewhere else.

He likes this case and like any good politician always recognizes a good opportunity.

With that said, I want his mouth shut and let Jeff "Moab" Kessler do all the talking.

Is he trying to feather his cap, or does he just want to watch Goodell squirm in person?
Why does it have to be one or the other? :)

I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic but it's starting to veer into the territory of excitement. Hopefully this is indeed another good sign of confidence.

I hope the PA and brady play this is very carefully and on point now. Smith/PA see this as an opportunity to change some CBA abuse but the first thing is to get brady exonerated.

Last edited:
Hopefully, the union members will take more notice and understand this issue goes well beyond liberating TB12. Lets get some team reps to offer some vocal support. DeMaurice Smith has turned on the bat signal.
images

Smith clearly believes that this is a winning case. Wouldn't want his name on it if it wasn't.

so this is good news..
as long as kessler does the talking.;)

Don't see the big deal.....Kessler is an NFLPA lawyer is he not?

Requests like this are always granted. The only exception would be if it would slow down the proceedings, which it won't.

What's the pay per view cost? Thinking I might just see it at bdubs but I don't want to spend $100 on wings and beer.

So, no settlement in the works it seems. The arrogance of the front office is astounding. If (When) the NFL is going down, it will be in a glorious ball of fire.

Not sure but from a political standpoint, if Dee Smith didn't think TB12 had a case or didn't see a strong possibility of slamming the NFL he'd be somewhere else.

He likes this case and like any good politician always recognizes a good opportunity.

With that said, I want his mouth shut and let Jeff "Moab" Kessler do all the talking.

Absolutely. The one thing our side doesn't want to do now is make any unforced errors.

This thing has turned into a debacle for the NFL. Kessler has engineered that, although he did get a little help from the Minnesota judge who kicked the case back to New York where he ended up getting a judge with no time for nonsense and no time for sealed records that don't have to be sealed.

So, "seen but not heard" is probably the best strategy. Anything else would be like having the ball on the one yard line trailing by four points at the end of the Super Bowl with a timeout and 26 seconds on the clock and throwing a pass when you have Marshawn Lynch in the backfield...

Can some of our attorney's chime in here and explain possible motivations for this move?

Can some of our attorney's chime in here and explain possible motivations for this move?

He thinks it's a slam dunk winner and being there puts his name on record as winning + he gets to see Goodell squirm. That's my guess.

Not an attorney, but it looks like grandstanding. Like politicians and big bosses showing up to share credit for major accomplishments. Granted, he's ultimately responsible for the decision to take this on and fund the effort, but all the grunt work has been done by the litigation team and he should avoid rocking the boat for personal gain at this late date. I see no value to this. A Dilbert move.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST