PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL files appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roger Goodell and his owner partners are singlehandedly destroying the "integrity" of the NFL that lines their pockets. Losing this appeal, and I think they will, is going to be a big "huge" blow to the NFL.

I was looking on PACER this evening (FYI - the two consolidated cases are 15-2801 and 15-2805 in the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit) and can see no evidence that the NFL filed any sort of request for an expedited appeal or a briefing schedule (Friday the 18th was the deadline).

Per @WallachLegal, that means the default schedule comes into effect which means the final pre-argument brief will be due on Dec 11th.

I would guess that between the time it takes to set oral arguments and the end-of-year holidays, that oral arguments would be no earlier than mid-January, which means there is virtually no chance there will be a decision before Feb 7th. So it seems near certain now that Brady will be playing for as long this season as his health and the team's record allows.

That's going to make a lot of those "HE'S GONNA MISS GAMES IN NOVEMBER HE SHOULD SETTLE OMG" people really upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back