PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN: Jason Taylor doesn't envision being a Dolphin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jason Taylor

I entirely disagree. Belichick signed him to play OLB, but used him at ILB last year while Colvin and Vrabel were healthy.
With Colvin no longer on the roster, it's no longer an issue. Adalius Thomas will play outside linebacker for the Patriots in the 2008 NFL season. The New England Patriots need to focus on inside linebacker not outside linebacker in free agency.

Completely take back the props I extended to you earlier, you punk. You'll get zero respect here from this lifer. good day.

Ah yes. The "lifer" with fewer than 300 posts.

Listen, the Patriots traded Bledsoe inside the division b/c Belichick KNEW he could easily defense the guy. He had no problem making that trade. It was almost an ADVANTAGE to do so. Jason Taylor, OTOH, is the dolphins BEST player. And he KILLS the Patriots. There's no just no similarities in your analogy, the scenarios are practically OPPOSITE.

Now go get your shinebox.

Ah yes. The "lifer" with fewer than 300 posts.

Listen, the Patriots traded Bledsoe inside the division b/c Belichick KNEW he could easily defense the guy. He had no problem making that trade. It was almost an ADVANTAGE to do so. Jason Taylor, OTOH, is the dolphins BEST player. And he KILLS the Patriots. There's no just no similarities in your analogy, the scenarios are practically OPPOSITE.

Now go get your shinebox.

got it. doesnt change much. still just a punk.

Belichick traded Bledsoe to the Bills because Buffalo was the only franchise willing to pony up a first round draft pick.

I entirely disagree. Belichick signed him to play OLB, but used him at ILB last year while Colvin and Vrabel were healthy.

Andy, I think the reason BB got Thomas was because of his versatility. He had to have known about his aging LBs, and the fact that he can play all LB positions doesnt mean he is best at OLB. In fact, even though he sets the edge well against the run and has hi end speed, I dont think he has that BURST you look for in edge rushers. You do see him getting pressure in the playoffs and SB, but I think that more because he is a better athlete and in better shape later in games.
As far as Taylor, I like the idea of trading out of our spot at 7 for a established player and a lower pick. Taylor might only have 3 years compared to a rookies 6, but this is a veteran team, and we cant think 6 years ahead because Brady may not be here. If we can get Taylor at the home town discount(say 3/12-15)that solves our having to pay the high draft pick, a edge rusher we need, and a pick(CB/OL?)we need to fill in. Not to mention that letting Taylor play OLB should extend his athletic durability.
Bottom line is Taylor can kinda force the hand. If he is willing to "Pull a Moss" Parcells will trade him. He has no reason to think that it will take the Phins less than 3 years to rebuild. BP is the type of guy who will relish the draft pick, and help along so that 6 years from now they can say"we got this guy from the pats". This isnt the last administration, the Welker trade is long gone.

You can't seriously be this stupid. Honestly. You don't know the difference between those scenarios? HOPELESS. Pathetic.

Thanks for the white flag.

Wow... Just wow.
You're really something dude.

What will become of the giant Jason Taylor?

giant_jason_taylor_3.jpg

Belichick traded Bledsoe to the Bills because Buffalo was the only franchise willing to pony up a first round draft pick.

Yes, and Belichick was more than happy to do so - or at least not as apprehensive to do so as the Dolphins would be to deal JASON FREAKIN' TAYLOR - because he knew he could defense Bledsoe in his F-ing SLEEP.

This analogy is a joke. The dolphins ain't dealing Taylor to the Pats, people. newbie homers on this board are the only people delusional enough to think they'd even consider it. I mean, hey, I hope I'm wrong. I hope they're stupid enough to do that, but I just think it's a ludicrous suggestion. Especially for "a 3rd and a 5th" or a "2nd and a 5th." Just NUTS.

Wow... Just wow.
You're really something dude.

This is an asinine thread, with a ludicrous scenario and a baseless argument. This site used to be awesome and that's part of what has my temper flating here. We'd disagree back then, but there was actual, ya know, intelligent, grounded discourse. People wishing-as-hard-as-they-can that JASON TAYLOR will be traded to the Patriots - it's just ridiculous. And their justifications are silly.

Bledsoe to the Bills DOES NOT EQUAL Jason Taylor to the Patriots. The Patriots DOMINATE the dolphins right now. Jason Taylor is their most effective player - against the Pats especially. The Miami organization just suffered season-long commentary from pundits in every corner to the tune of "I can't believe they gave up Wes Welker to the PATRIOTS!" Now you guys think Jason Taylor is gonna come here - for LESS than what we gave up for Welker?

Give me a break. This is unbelievably stupid. And it bums me out to see the board sag to such pathetic depths.

Last edited:

This is an asinine thread, with a ludicrous scenario and a baseless argument. This site used to be awesome and that's part of what has my temper flating here. We'd disagree back then, but there was actual, ya know, intelligent, grounded discourse. People wishing-as-hard-as-they-can that JASON TAYLOR will be traded to the Patriots - it's just ridiculous. And their justifications are silly.

Bledsoe to the Bills DOES NOT EQUAL Jason Taylor to the Patriots. The Patriots DOMINATE the dolphins right now. Jason Taylor is their most effective player - against the Pats especially. The Miami organization just suffered season-long commentary from pundits in every corner to the tune of "I can't believe they gave up Wes Welker to the PATRIOTS!" Now you guys think Jason Taylor is gonna come here - for LESS than what we gave up for Welker?

Give me a break. This is unbelievably stupid. And it bums me out to see the board sag to such pathetic depths.

Your rudeness bums me out. You make us all look bad. Why can't you just post your thoughts and hold back on the insults.

Sorry to bum you out, patjew. It's just become a cesspool of a site the past two years and crap like this Jason Taylor nonsense sullies the thread more than some perhaps over-the-line reaction to it. My apologies to those who are NOT supporting ludicrous theories like "The dolphins would want to trade Taylor inside the division."

Again, on the J-T trade-talk, I hope I'm wrong. And again...I'm not.

Sorry to bum you out, patjew. It's just become a cesspool of a site the past two years and crap like this Jason Taylor nonsense sullies the thread more than some perhaps over-the-line reaction to it. My apologies to those who are NOT supporting ludicrous theories like "The dolphins would want to trade Taylor inside the division."

No one is questioning the validity of your ideas. Anyway, I'm not. But I'm about to write the lamest thing I have ever written here, and that's saying alot: You, my friend, need to take a chill pill.

Ech, I just made myself sick.

I rarily agree with some of your rants and insults but I gotta go with you here.

The two things that irk me is that some as$muches in here think every big name player that comes available in march is heading to the Patriots and another is the 19-0 or 16-0 next season predicting blowhards - both of these topics get more stupid as the spring starts to arrive.

Last seasons offseason is one that will remain as rare as uncooked steak and I doubt we see a super draft or trades like that in quite a while from now on - I think the other teams saw what the Patriots received last year in trades
(like the goofs in Miami and Oakland) and what they then became as a powerhouse team and the other teams are likely to will be far more resistant to give the Patriots anything resembling a good player just like in the case of Vilma who was told he was able to look anywhere but the Patriots,I think this trend will continue while BB is the coach here,No team will be willing to donate a player to NE without thinking more than twice about it and will probably want more for a trade of thier player then with any other team where they might be a bit less restricting.

Unless we get a vrabel type player who showed little with his previous team then I don't expect to see a guy like Moss sign with New England in the near future unless the FO pays a stiff price in return with either a top player on this team traded/swapped or several high draft picks

Last edited:

I rarily agree with some of your rants and insults but I gotta go with you here.

The two things that irk me is that some as$muches in here think every big name player that comes available in march is heading to the Patriots and another is the 19-0 or 16-0 next season predicting blowhards - both of these topics get more stupid as the spring starts to arrive.

Last seasons offseason is one that will remain as rare as uncooked steak and I doubt we see a super draft or trades like that in quite a while from now on - I think the other teams saw what the Patriots received last year in trades
(like the goofs in Miami and Oakland) and what they then became as a powerhouse team and the other teams are likely to will be far more resistant to give the Patriots anything resembling a good player just like in the case of Vilma who was told he was able to look anywhere but the Patriots,I think this trend will continue while BB is the coach here,No team will be willing to donate a player to NE without thinking more than twice about it and will probably want more for a trade of thier player then with any other team where they might be a bit less restricting.

Oh yeah, what do you know? Your member photo imitation is Paul McCartney. Lame...

Oh yeah, what do you know? Your member photo imitation is Paul McCartney. Lame...

I am sorry you don't like the Beatles Patjew - What 60s group was your favorite? - I thought the Beatles were cool,Although I was just 1 month old when they appeared on the Ed Sullivan show

I am sorry you don't like the Beatles Patjew - What 60s group was your favorite? - I thought the Beatles were cool,Although I was just 1 month old when they appeared on the Ed Sullivan show

HEY! WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM, TALKING ABOUT THE BEATLES ON A FOOTBALL BOARD?! This is completely ridicu -

Kidding. Just thought patjew and others might want to hear ANOTHER rant...

I was just kidding. I love the Beatles, and my 10 year old daughter loves them now too. Every year they sounds better and better to me. It's amazing that they came to the US 45 years ago! Though Paul was the lamest of the 4, I say.

I was negative-3 when they broke up.

I think my favoritest '60s group is the Doors.

HEY! WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM, TALKING ABOUT THE BEATLES ON A FOOTBALL BOARD?! This is completely ridicu -

Kidding. Just thought patjew and others might want to hear ANOTHER rant...

Didn't I tell you that I'm a hypocrite? Maybe I forgot to mention it.

I was just kidding. I love the Beatles, and my 10 year old daughter loves them now too. Every year they sounds better and better to me. It's amazing that they came to the US 45 years ago! Though Paul was the lamest of the 4, I say.

I was negative-3 when they broke up.

I think my favoritest '60s group is the Doors.

Yeah the Doors rocked also but the Stones were a bit better IMO during that period of the 'stoned age'- OOPS Off topic,Sorry ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News