PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN: Jason Taylor doesn't envision being a Dolphin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jason Taylor

Yeah the Doors rocked also but the Stones were a bit better IMO during that period of the 'stoned age'- OOPS Off topic,Sorry ;)

SORRY'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!

Parcells will not have many options where he can trade Taylor to. This is not some young player in his prime that could go play anywhere for the highest bidder, this is an old player at the end of his career who never really sniffed a championship. He will only be traded to -contenders- otherwise Taylor would probably retire.

Indy - no 1st round pick, they cant afford to be trading away their 2nd or 3rd for Taylor.

SD - no 2nd or 3rd round pick and they arent gunna trade their 1st for Taylor, they wont even be interested.

Dallas - has two 1st rounders so they may be willing to trade a 2nd or 3rd for Taylor.

Green Bay - probably has the best ammunition to trade for Taylor, they got two low 2nd round picks. Would Taylor want to go there now that Farve retired? Moss didnt want to go there when Farve was playing.

New England - we have a great selection of picks to trade for Taylor. We have a low 2nd rounder, and two 3rd round picks. It would absolutely be foolish not to offer one of them and maybe a 5th/6th for Taylor. Taylor would go berzerk here for a ring.

New England has to be on the top of Taylors list of the few places he would play for, we have the best shot to get him a ring and hes always admired the Pats and Brady/Belichick ect. I really dont think Parcells would care that he goes to NE, they are rebuilding and he wants draft picks, he will take them from any contender. By the time the dolphins are superbowl contenders Taylor would be retired.

Wow Patsox is going cap crazy tonight - It could hurt the ears :p

What's THAT supposed to mean?! Huh?! HUH?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really dont think Parcells would care that he goes to NE, they are rebuilding and he wants draft picks, he will take them from any contender. By the time the dolphins are superbowl contenders Taylor would be retired.

I am also of the opinion that what Parcells can get for Taylor is MUCH more important to him than where he goes, so I don't see that preventing a trade to NE.

It's the contract/cap that I think makes it unlikely.

Edit: I mean, what a stupid asinine post, the Beatles suck!

Last edited:

Having watched him down here (way too much unfortunately) for 8 years, this dude is a super stud, with an amazing motor who is playing 100% on every single down, including dropping into pass coverage very often. He's barely not a 3-4 olb.

edited to ad, I also think the FO and BB love AD at ILB and I think we're a stronger team with him there and a good Rosie-esque OLB rushing so to me that isn't a factor in the decision - I think we're excellent at D with him at ILB as OLB if not more-so.
I agree 100% with all of this. I think AD will be even better after one year of his multiple roles. It's a tough defense to come in and contribute to right away at ONE position let alone being forced to go to OLB after Rosey got hurt. Thanks for that info about how he was being coached in camp, Triple Option. I prefer AD @ ILB also, but love his versatility.

JT may be 34 when the 2008 season starts, but he is one of a few players that I have the utmost love for as a non Patriot....even though he murders them. I can't help it, he's just so old school good (durable, high character, versatile etc. etc.), and someone I would love to see in a Pats uni. The man had 11 sacks in 2007 for a defense that was dead last against the run in the ENTIRE NFL last year so no one even NEEDED to pass on them to win. THAT'S a hella good player. As soon as Saban was hired there in 2005 my immediate thought was O ****...JT just got EVEN MORE DANGEROUS because I figured he would know exactly how to use him to make him even more dangerous in the 3-4.

This is an asinine thread, with a ludicrous scenario and a baseless argument. This site used to be awesome and that's part of what has my temper flating here. We'd disagree back then, but there was actual, ya know, intelligent, grounded discourse. People wishing-as-hard-as-they-can that JASON TAYLOR will be traded to the Patriots - it's just ridiculous. And their justifications are silly.

Bledsoe to the Bills DOES NOT EQUAL Jason Taylor to the Patriots. The Patriots DOMINATE the dolphins right now. Jason Taylor is their most effective player - against the Pats especially. The Miami organization just suffered season-long commentary from pundits in every corner to the tune of "I can't believe they gave up Wes Welker to the PATRIOTS!" Now you guys think Jason Taylor is gonna come here - for LESS than what we gave up for Welker?

Give me a break. This is unbelievably stupid. And it bums me out to see the board sag to such pathetic depths.

It bothers me that you constantly call people idiots, and then talk about how the board has gone downhill. Maybe people think that you are an idiot. Your conduct brings it downhill imo.
Nothing personal.

It bothers me that you constantly call people idiots, and then talk about how the board has gone downhill. Maybe people think that you are an idiot. Your conduct brings it downhill imo.
Nothing personal.

Admit it, that was a LITTLE personal. :cool:

This site started going downhill long before I got upset about, and started calling people on, idiotic threads. My apologies for calling people idiots, I should have more restraint, but for those of us who remember it a few years back when it was a special site, it's really disheartening to read thread after thread of newbie-driven nutso like this one.

Last edited:

This site started going downhill long before I got upset about, and started calling people on, idiotic threads. My apologies for calling people idiots, I should have more restraint, but for those of us who remember it a few years back when it was a special site, it's really disheartening to read thread after thread of newbie-driven nutso like this one.

It's still special to me. I just think there are certain times of the year that bring more new posters that seem to rile you up.

It's still special to me. I just think there are certain times of the year that bring more new posters that seem to rile you up.

Maybe so. Thanks for the P.O.V.

Your right about the idiotic threads started by newbies on this message board.

Ocho Cinco for Wes Welker
Let's trade for Larry Fitzgerald
Any thread started by NSA

Your right about the idiotic threads started by newbies on this message board.

Ocho Cinco for Wes Welker
Let's trade for Larry Fitzgerald
Any thread started by NSA

It's not nearly as bad as last year. And it's pretty easy to avoid those threads, yet good posters can't resist. Why not show some restraint and don't post in them after you've made your point, or start a good thread.

I go off the deep end, but i try to pull back and not get in a back and forth if the thread is worthwhile.

For the silly threads, I reserve the right to mock them mercilessly.

"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.":D

snipshot_monty.jpg

Oh, and Patsox...No offense, but that newbie thing is kind of embarrassing. We have some great posters who don't post often and some so so posters who do (IMO).

Not telling you what to do, but I cringe every time I see that word in an adult (kinda) message board.

Well, you're probably right. I'm a little oversensitive and far too hasty in those judgments because, frankly, it's not just newbies who exhibit the dimness that goes with the goofy threads like this one. Sometimes veterans are the perps. And we do have several "newbies" who are phenomenal posters, bringing a fresh spirit and substantive ideas to the table. Fair point.

Well, you're probably right. I'm a little oversensitive and far too hasty in those judgments because, frankly, it's not just newbies who exhibit the dimness that goes with the goofy threads like this one. Sometimes veterans are the perps. And we do have several "newbies" who are phenomenal posters, bringing a fresh spirit and substantive ideas to the table. Fair point.

Thanks, man I'm glad you didn't take that the wrong way. I get really burned by posters with no perspective, But i think bumping the good threads and ignoring the others is the way to go. Don't feed the trolls (unless they're funny).

If I just have so many arguments against a poster, I'm starting to step back and assess if it's because they don't have a clue. If so, why waste the effort?

I predict Taylor goes to Dallas it is a win win situation for all parties. Dallas has the ammo to pull it off and there a contender, not to mention Zach Thomas is there and those two are close friends. Oh yeah and the fins would be trading him out of the conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes