PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN: Brady/Manning Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Manning has had one of the greatest general managers in NFL history."

Yeah, BB is pretty bad at being a GM right?

Bill Polian has a track record without Manning. He built the Bills dynasty that went to 4 superbowls. And he had the Panthers in the NFC championship in only their second year of existence. Pretty damn good.

I was confused by the notion that anyone would be fool enough to pretend that a 9-10 record with 1 ring would be a good place to compare against 14-5 with 3 rings. I figured you must have made a mistake. Normally, I'd bash you about the head for this sort of silliness, but you being a Colts fan is likely punishment enough for you.

Also, Brady's rating for last year was higher than both his and Manning's career playoff QB ratings.

Yeah, because like everyone knows, Brady won those 3 SB on his own, right?

And Brady's PO rating last year was 89 which is < than 111 by just a little. So much for playing best when it really counts.

And Manning's PO rating for last year was :108.7, against the same team Brady played.

Last edited:
"Difference was that Manning was winning mvps and Brady was winning superbowls and superbowl mvps. Now Brady is winning mvps and Manning is winning nothing.

Lol, sure, Manning has won 1 SB and what, 3 MVPs since Brady won his last SB?

So since 2004 lets see...

Brady.... 1 MVP
Manning 2 MVPs and 1 SB and SB MVP

Gosh.

Brady won the MVP in 2007 and 2010.

Bill Polian has a track record without Manning. He built the Bills dynasty that went to 4 superbowls. And he had the Panthers in the NFC championship in only their second year of existence. Pretty damn good.

And BB took a guy who hadn't started since HS to 11 wins without TFB, right?

He also has won SB rings as a coordinator (I've even seen some of you Pats fans go so far as to say he was why the Giants won, not Bill Parcells) and he took the Browns to the POs.

If you're arguing BB has done nothing without TB you're just being silly.

Yeah, because like everyone knows, Brady won those 3 SB on his own, right?

And Brady's PO rating last year was 89 which is > than 111 by just a little. So much for playing best when it really counts.

And Manning's PO rating for last year was :108.7, against the same team Brady played.

Wait..... You just pointed to Manning and a SB in the same post where you screwed up the MVP numbers...

Brady.... 1 MVP

Yet you're now disparaging Brady for his 3 wins? Well, at least you're not even pretending to be anything but a troll. Unfortunately for you,

Manning's postseason QB ratings in the Colts Super Bowl winning season:

You need to troll better, because right now you're sucking at it.

Last edited:
"Difference was that Manning was winning mvps and Brady was winning superbowls and superbowl mvps. Now Brady is winning mvps and Manning is winning nothing.

Brady.... 1 MVP

Gosh.

Brady has only 1 mvp? Boy you're really on top of things.

Brady has missed a whole season since 2004 and played another season trying to get his timing and game back. Manning's last two mvps were a joke. They rightfully belong to Rivers and Breese

Brady won the MVP in 2007 and 2010.

Ok, so he's got 2 MVPs while Manning has 2 MVP, 1 SB win, and one SB MVP in the same period.

But yeah, Manning has been winning nothing while Brady won his MVPs.

Brady has only 1 mvp? Boy you're really on top of things.

Brady has missed a whole season since 2004 and played another season trying to get his timing and game back. Manning's last two mvps were a joke. They rightfully belong to Rivers and Breese

A whole season trying to get his timing back, lol. Do you remember in 2009 Brady was literally the worst 4th quarter QB in the league?

Funny he should have his "timing" down for the first 3 quarters, I guess he just used the 4th to work on getting his timing back, huh?

He should have used the whole game....maybe it wouldn't have taken him all season and he wouldn't have looked so bad against the Ravens.

Ok, so he's got 2 MVPs while Manning has 2 MVP, 1 SB win, and one SB MVP in the same period.

But yeah, Manning has been winning nothing while Brady won his MVPs.

2 MVPs stolen from Rivers and Breese and a superbowl ring after throwing 3 tds and 7 ints during his playoff run. Too bad the Colts didn't have Trent Dilfer to help them.

A whole season trying to get his timing back, lol. Do you remember in 2009 Brady was literally the worst 4th quarter QB in the league?

Funny he should have his "timing" down for the first 3 quarters, I guess he just used the 4th to work on getting his timing back, huh?

He should have used the whole game....maybe it wouldn't have taken him all season and he wouldn't have looked so bad against the Ravens.

It takes two years to recover from an acl injury, nitwit. If he hadn't been playing with broken ribs he would have done better against the Ravens.

Last edited:
Wait..... You just pointed to Manning and a SB in the same post where you screwed up the MVP numbers...

Yet you're now disparaging Brady for his 3 wins? Well, at least you're not even pretending to be anything but a troll. Unfortunately for you,

Manning's postseason QB ratings in the Colts Super Bowl winning season:

You need to troll better, because right now you're sucking at it.

Trolling? Funny how anyone who doesn't join in your "TB and the Pats are number 1 forever!" crap is a troll.

I think my whole point has been teams win SB? And that 79 rating there included 349 yards, a comeback from being down 18 points....and a total of 38 points including 32 in the second half. But yeah, Manning played terribly in that game, right?

I'm sure Brady played much better and the Pats just lost because they turned up the heat in the dome or he was sick or his foot or the refs or he need to get his timing back or they piped in crowd noise or one of the other millions of excuses Pats fans use everytime the Pats lose, especially to the Colts.

Last edited:
2 MVPs stolen from Rivers and Breese and a superbowl ring after throwing 3 tds and 7 ints during his playoff run. Too bad the Colts didn't have Trent Dilfer to help them.

Yeah, Manning did nothing during that run. Makes you wonder how the Pats lost when he played so badly, what with their having an 18 point lead and all.

Last edited:
Manning is a dome QB who cant play in bad weather, or he'll throw his teammates under the bus..actually he does that after every playoff loss. Seeing him do it in 2004 was the best. Imagine if the Pats invested the same amount of $ into offensive weapons.

TracyPorterSuperBowl_display_image.jpg

Trolling? Funny how anyone who doesn't join in your "TB and the Pats are number 1 forever!" crap is a troll.

I think my whole point has been teams win SB? And that 79 rating there included 349 yards, a comeback from being down 18 points....and a total of 38 points including 32 in the second half. But yeah, Manning played terribly in that game, right?

I'm sure Brady played much better and the Pats just lost because they turned up the heat in the dome or he was sick or his foot or the refs or he need to get his timing back or they piped in crowd noise or one of the other millions of excuses Pats fans use everytime the Pats lose, especially to the Colts.

Sorry, slick, but when you try aiming the "TB and the Pats are number 1 forever!" crap in my direction, you completely miss your target, as pretty much everyone here can tell you.

As for the rest, your whole point was to pretend the SB for Manning was big, while ignoring the SBs for Brady. It's pathetically transparent.

Oh, and I've been remiss.....

poster14359312.jpg

Obviously, I'll have to update that to 9-10.

Last edited:
Lol, yeah, my favorite part of that pathetic resume is the 2006 AFC title game.

Pathetic indeed.

and Grossman won him his only title, cool!. Manning has had everything he could want and has squandered it. A regular season QB who CHOKES when the playoffs come around. That's what he'll be known for, a stad padding pink forehead douche.

It takes two years to recover from an acl injury, nitwit. If he hadn't been playing with broken ribs he would have done better against the Ravens.

Lol, sure, sure. Anytime Brady doesn't play well there's an excuse.

Like I said, it's just funny that he seemed to play fine for the 1st 3 quarters of lots of games and then fall apart in the 4th.

It's also funny that he had some great games during the RS....since you know, he was recovering and tying to get his timing back.

To me, he seemed to look worse as the season went on. He looked great in the opener VS the Bills.

And I'm sure losing Welker for the POs didn't affect him, he's TFB, he's played with nobodies his whole career, they can throw anyone in there and he'll make "chicken salad" out of "chick soup" or whatever it was the earlier poster said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST