PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Wild Card: Jets at Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would of rather seen the Ravens, but the Jets looked bad this game. Lucky for them the Colts D was worse, and the refs didn't call any PI penalties unlike the minimum 3 the Pats get when they play Indy.

These fake PI calls are why I always worry about the Colts. I am glad they are gone and the Jets looked so bad. The question is can we score 20. If so we win. I say yes

I really dont want to respond to all these "HOMERS" ...

Sure, we are here enjoying a great day of football and you come in with
crude Steve Buckley jokes.

Not cool man.

How is this not a good match up? Because the Jets can't pressure Brady? Because their CBs aren't built to cover the Pats' WRs? The Jets are suspectable over the middle in the passing game and the Pats have two good receiving TEs? Sanchez is proned to make mistakes and the Pats have the most opportunistic defense in the NFL? Is that how it is a bad match up for the Pats?

If you look in NFL history its extremely rare that a team that gets pounded like 45-3 will do the same the next meeting...expect a very tight contest next week and hopefully we do what the Colts failed to do.

Please explain to me why the Ravens are the better option here (I am honestly perplexed). I understand the sentiment that we f*cking hate the Jets, but I think swallowing this bitter pill will reap benefits next week.

Agreed and agreed. Coming out of a bang up game against the Ravens and then playing the Steelers who would have an extra day of rest would be a rough path. Let those two pummel each other, and whoever wins will be a very worthy title game opponent. Makes a lot more sense to me than having two teams with the highest numerical records in the conference meet in the divisional round (I say numerical because the Ravens have as many wins as the Steelers).

Who better to put an end to this freak show than the Pats? Can't wait.

I don't think Revis can take out either of our top receivers. I think we can abuse the middle of the field better than the Colts can with our TEs. We have a much better power run game and a better threat on 3rd down coming out of the backfield.

Our defense is much stronger against the run than the Colts defense. Our special teams is coached very well and will not flub like the Colts did.

I'm feeling optimistic. You should too.

I don't care what anyone says, I like the Pats-Jets matchup better for us. The Colts defense was peaking at the right time. Their offense is run by Peyton Manning, who seems to push his game to another level when he plays us, and they're usually close. The jets have a HORRIBLE young offense, which should math up well with our young offense. They have a very good defense, but we have Tom Brady.

Really liked the outcome of this game.

Hey Patriots fans....congrats on your 2nd round bye...so what's the over/under on Pats/Jets? Pats by 50?

Peyton should leave the Colts and let that franchise rot to hell...the fate of that team lies on him...

Do you know how big the smile on my face would be if Mayo or Meriweather leveled Sanchez?

Seriously? Some of you guys are calling out Peyton for a one and done, despite the fact that he led a FG drive to take the lead, didn't turn the ball over once, and the defense and special teams absolutely failed for the Colts?

Peyton managed only 16 points against a Jets defense that had Cromartie getting beaten by Garçon on almost every inside slant.

One other note: Peyton, if you're thinking of leaving the team, I've heard Buffalo's been looking for a QB since Jim Kelly.....just sayin'.

So none of you are giving KC even the tiniest shot at a win?

If you look in NFL history its extremely rare that a team that gets pounded like 45-3 will do the same the next meeting...expect a very tight contest next week and hopefully we do what the Colts failed to do.

NE@MIA: NE 41 MIA 14
MIA@NE: NE 38 MIA 7, and not as close as it looked

So it's not at all out of the question.

I never said that the Pats would pound them 45-3, but there is a lot of wiggle room between winning by 42 points and losing by one point or more.

I think the Pats win by at least a TD, probably by double digits. Maybe not by 42 points though. I saw one flawed team barely beat another flawed team tonight. The Jets cannot put together 60 minutes of strong football and usually start out slow. Against the beaten up, depleted Colts you can get away with it. A basically healthy Pats' offense is another thing.

Why are you always so negative? The Pats were the most dominant team in the league over the last two months and the Jets have been wildly inconsistent (which they proved again tonight). Why are you all the sudden acting like the Pats are the Pats of last year and the Jets are the 85 Bears?

I've been a long time lurker here (for years), but have finally been forced to post by this inanity I'm reading from some posters expressing fear of this joke of a team.

Nothing could have worked out better for the Pats than to be facing taco-head in the second round, while Baltimore and the Pittsburgh pound each other.

This is gonna be fun. Our run D has been kicking ass lately, so I'm seeing McCourty scooping 2 INT's on 3rd and long Sanchez F-ups.

Any team can win it in the playoff but as long as the Pats don't get complacent, I think they will take care of business.

The decimated DL worries me though. It may have an effect in their game against the Packers' running game. The Jets have a fairly good running game so hopefully, they will hold up. The return of Spikes will help.

Not worried about the offense though. This year's version is very special. I think this maybe the year we finally see the Pats blow everyone convincingly in the post season ;)

One other note: Peyton, if you're thinking of leaving the team, I've heard Buffalo's been looking for a QB since Jim Kelly.....just sayin'.

He will not go to Tom's division.
NFC West, SF is my bet.

I would of said they had a better shot of beating the Ravens then the Seahawks had of beating the Saints.

this......

the jets are about to get seriously humbled, Seahags and green goo both get pumbled.

It doesn't matter if KC wins.
We still face the lowest, slimiest seed. The green goo from Joy-see.

Last edited:
I've been a long time lurker here (for years), but have finally been forced to post by this inanity I'm reading from some posters expressing fear of this joke of a team.

Nothing could have worked out better for the Pats than to be facing taco-head in the second round, while Baltimore and the Pittsburgh pound each other.

This is gonna be fun. Our run D has been kicking ass lately, so I'm seeing McCourty scooping 2 INT's on 3rd and long Sanchez F-ups.

Yeah, well some of us could have waited (for years) more to hear your Racist Bullspit, *********. You should have stayed lurking.

[EDIT] a$ $ whole?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back