PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Wild Card: Jets at Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we have to put up with a whole another week of blathering coming out of that fat ****'s big fat slobbering mouth.

Wow. That was some terrible football.

Colts couldn't run the football or stop the run, and nearly won.

Jets couldn't throw the football, and somehow still won.

nd never mind special teams which had some big bonehead plays from both teams.

What did Sanchez's passer rating end up as, like 11?

Hey Patriots fans....congrats on your 2nd round bye...so what's the over/under on Pats/Jets? Pats by 50?

Peyton should leave the Colts and let that franchise rot to hell...the fate of that team lies on him...

Do you know how big the smile on my face would be if Mayo or Meriweather leveled Sanchez?

Seriously? Some of you guys are calling out Peyton for a one and done, despite the fact that he led a FG drive to take the lead, didn't turn the ball over once, and the defense and special teams absolutely failed for the Colts?

Last edited:
anybody that wants the jets are going to get thier wish.. this is not a good match up espcially they have nothing to lose by the beating they took in dec... i did not want the jets, but the colts blew this game...

I agree .....alot of people were praying for the jests to win so they can come to foxboro and get "pounded"....be careful what you all ask for here....Jests will have some kind of conservative offensive plan much like what we do in NE.....short passes,.....keep Sancheese from shooting the team in their foot (no rex pun intended).....and their D is going to be amped up....going to be a very close game in my opinion......

Jesters beat off the little Blue Ponies.

I may be in the minority here but I am fiercely afraid of seeing these Jets with fire in thier eyes coming to Foxboro next week

This is a team that is set in the offseason to get to the SB and they will do everything possible to get there.

Brady needs to seriously watch cheap shots at his knees early in next weeks game....the Jets as the #6 really have little to lose and everything to gain

But you think the Jets have a championship quality defense. Their defense is average to above average and doesn't match up well against the Pats' offense.

I am not afraid of anyone the way the Pats are playing, but I think the Jets are the best possible match up for the Pats.

The Colts were one of the worst teams in the playoffs and they barely beat them. The Pats are the best team in the playoffs.

Last edited:
This is perfect. We will probably play a seriously wounded Ravens team in the AFCCG after humbling the Jest yet again. What more could you ask for?

Hey Patriots fans....congrats on your 2nd round bye...so what's the over/under on Pats/Jets? Pats by 50?

Peyton should leave the Colts and let that franchise rot to hell...the fate of that team lies on him...

Do you know how big the smile on my face would be if Mayo or Meriweather leveled Sanchez?

Seriously? Some of you guys are calling out Peyton for a one and done, despite the fact that he led a FG drive to take the lead, and the defense and special teams absolutely failed for the Colts?

What kind of soap do you use on Manning's balls? Or is it just spit?

How many times have we heard that my god. Not his defense's fault the offense was trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have the two teams that appeared in the previous super bowl ever gotten sent home on the first day of the following playoffs before?

This takes all the drama out of tomorrow which is nice. Seriously cannot wait for the Pats to bury these fools again. Poor Thuggs is gonna have to get rattled in Pittsburgh instead.

I may be in the minority here but I am fiercely afraid of seeing these Jets with fire in thier eyes coming to Foxboro next week

This is a team that is set in the offseason to get to the SB and they will do everything possible to get there.

Brady needs to seriously watch cheap shots at his knees early in next weeks game....the Jets as the #6 really have little to lose and everything to gain

Brady has a bullseye on his back and every member of that Jets front 7 is Bernard Pollard next weekend.

You are right. The Ravens are a much cleaner team with no motivation.

Seriously? Some of you guys are calling out Peyton for a one and done, despite the fact that he led a FG drive to take the lead, didn't turn the ball over once, and the defense and special teams absolutely failed for the Colts?

Thanks bro.
I think Manning is outta that little village.
NFC West, for the free ride.

I would of rather seen the Ravens, but the Jets looked bad this game. Lucky for them the Colts D was worse, and the refs didn't call any PI penalties unlike the minimum 3 the Pats get when they play Indy.

I agree .....alot of people were praying for the jests to win so they can come to foxboro and get "pounded"....be careful what you all ask for here....Jests will have some kind of conservative offensive plan much like what we do in NE.....short passes,.....keep Sancheese from shooting the team in their foot (no rex pun intended).....and their D is going to be amped up....going to be a very close game in my opinion......

Pats vs Ravens wouldn't be a close game? I've weighed the options and I gotta believe that the Jets are an easier match-up. I don't see how you can think so otherwise?

What the Ravens, Suggs and Lewis, are not going to be pumped to play the Patriots? They almost beat us this season and they pounded us last season in the post season.

We destroyed the Jets by 42 points the last time we saw them.

Please explain to me why the Ravens are the better option here (I am honestly perplexed). I understand the sentiment that we f*cking hate the Jets, but I think swallowing this bitter pill will reap benefits next week.

I love it. Would you rather have a motivated Ravens' team? Seriously, Cromartie had trouble with Pierre Garcon. What is going to do against Deion Branch who killed him a month ago?

Seriously, what did you really see tonight that got you scared. This is the Colts that suck on run defense (25th). The Pats have a far better run defense.
Plus we get Spikes back. I'm not very concerned about the Jets run game.

But you think the Jets have a championship quality defense. Their defense is average to above average and doesn't match up well against the Pats' offense.

I am not afraid of anyone the way the Pats are playing, but I think the Jets are the best possible match up for the Pats.
The Steelers front 7 is definately a top defense...the back end is weak if you don't count Polamalu

I really dont want to respond to all these "HOMERS" who think the 45-3 is gonna happen again in the play-offs. I remember alot of jets fans thinkking they could kill us after beating us the 1st time. This will be a tough game. no matter what the jets kept the cilts to 16 oints all game someting we did not do...

anybody that wants the jets are going to get thier wish.. this is not a good match up espcially they have nothing to lose by the beating they took in dec... i did not want the jets, but the colts blew this game...

How is this not a good match up? Because the Jets can't pressure Brady? Because their CBs aren't built to cover the Pats' WRs? The Jets are suspectable over the middle in the passing game and the Pats have two good receiving TEs? Sanchez is proned to make mistakes and the Pats have the most opportunistic defense in the NFL? Is that how it is a bad match up for the Pats?

Did the NYJ do anything tonight that makes people think the Patriots cannot beat them next Sunday? Sure, the media will point to the way the NYJ ran the ball in the second half and the fact that the Patriots are fairly thin on the defensive line as to why the Patriots won't win - it's what the local media does.
They will also say Sanchez was clutch on the "final" drive, when in fact they just needed to gain 15 yards to get a good fg attempt.
Defensively I think they blitzed three times all game and they sat back with two high safeties most of the time. Does anyone think they will do the same against the Pats? IIRC Brady slaughtered them when they blitzed at Gillette a month ago.
I don't think I can stand the bluster that will be coming from New Jersey this week...And, NYJ fans come to Gillette in great numbers - more than any other team. There were a ton of them for the Monday night game, and they were lous and crass...F them...I hope the Pats administer another epic beat down...Lastly, who'll be the first media idiot to suggest that it was a bad idea for the Pats to score so many points against them a month ago because it will give the NYJ extra motivation???? GO PATS!!!!! Brady, this is where you get back your reputation as one of the best post season quarterbacks of all time!!!!!

The Steelers front 7 is definately a top defense...the back end is weak if you don't count Polamalu

I meant the Jets. Sorry, said the Steelers and corrected it. Yes, the Steelers have a great defense, the Jets do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back