PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL Week 14 Sunday Games

MAC10's crusade to bring down Brady's legacy continues. And Belichick's by association. I'm pretty sure MAC10 has attributed every single Patriots Super Bowl championship to cheating, incompetence of the opponent, or pure luck. Pretty much the Patriots dynasty was completely fraudulent according to this clown.
That's like Colts fans who still cling to "Brady's a system QB" and "Peyton is better"

Many of them live in padded rooms these days.

How was it a mob pleasing move?
His reference to Arians should have been a clue. By several accounts there was an anti-Arians faction that worked successfully to get him pushed out of the picture.

The guy had top level defenses for several years.
Blowes also had 4 years as HC of NYJ. His first season was 10-6 yet he ended up 24-40 overall. There was lots of tape showing he was at best a 'meh' head coach. One could presume the anti-Arians faction knew Blowes would be a weaker HC than Arians was, easier to manipulate or bypass as needed.

Brady is not as good, the O-line is bad, the defense is average, and the coaching is horrific. You add all those up and you've got a team that is under 500.
It's difficult to evaluate Brady's season with all of the garbage swirling around him. The coaching is an abomination. The o-line is an injury riddled mess. The running game is nonexistent... literally dead last in yards, Y/A and TDs. Fournette is fat and slow. Godwin hasn't regained his form. Evans has been completely checked out. They don't have an established third WR. Their TEs are rookies. Their only marginally worthwhile RB is a rookie.

Brady leads the NFL in attempts and completions purely out of necessity. Every game they futilely attempt to establish their run game and it fails every time. Then they fall behind on the scoreboard and it turns into a pass-a-thon with defenses only having to deal with a one dimensional operation.

Yesterday Brady hurt his hand on a pretty hard hit to a helmet. He lost his grip on a few throws after that including the second pick. He's actually picked up his TD pace but he's had more INTs too. He didn't play well yesterday but their offense very quickly became one dimensional against the league's best defense. So it's premature to start throwing dirt on his grave. I'm expecting a shootout with Cincinnati next weekend so let's take another look at Brady's numbers after that one.

I remember watching Marino decline. Ditto Manning. Ditto Favre. Ditto Brees. And many others.

Brady's stats/numbers are getting worse since he is throwing into much smaller windows, with less time, and with no threat of a run option. The ball is still getting there on the deep outs, seam throws, and other throws that typically disappear from the arsenal of the aging QB, at least it seems to me. I'm no fanboy, either, and it surprises me that he can still rifle in a 20 yard out. But he does.

You saw deterioration as he threw 43 TDs in the regular season?
Seriously Brady could have been named MVP of the league last season. Third most passing yards (5316) in the history of the NFL. At age 44.

8uw
I remember watching Marino decline. Ditto Manning. Ditto Favre. Ditto Brees. And many others.

Brady's stats/numbers are getting worse since he is throwing into much smaller windows, with less time, and with no threat of a run option. The ball is still getting there on the deep outs, seam throws, and other throws that typically disappear from the arsenal of the aging QB, at least it seems to me. I'm no fanboy, either, and it surprises me that he can still rifle in a 20 yard out. But he does.

I admit that I haven't watched enough of Brady, but when many QBs decline because of age, the first thing to go is deep ball accuracy, not velocity. When many older QBs start to age out, they can still huck the ball down the field just fine. They just are several yards off.

Based on the last two week, that looks like Brady. But my sample size is limited.

Sorry, I didn't mean to jump back into the Brady thing. I was actually here to post my next post.

You saw deterioration as he threw 43 TDs in the regular season?
Yes, and I posted about it this summer.

His hips were stiff and he was no longer completing outs to the sideline.

He was throwing as hard as ever when he could step into throws long or over the middle.

NFL teams figure things out. They are no longer protecting the boundary against the Bucs.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: TBR
It's difficult to evaluate Brady's season with all of the garbage swirling around him. The coaching is an abomination. The o-line is an injury riddled mess. The running game is nonexistent... literally dead last in yards, Y/A and TDs. Fournette is fat and slow. Godwin hasn't regained his form. Evans has been completely checked out. They don't have an established third WR. Their TEs are rookies. Their only marginally worthwhile RB is a rookie.

Brady leads the NFL in attempts and completions purely out of necessity. Every game they futilely attempt to establish their run game and it fails every time. Then they fall behind on the scoreboard and it turns into a pass-a-thon with defenses only having to deal with a one dimensional operation.

Yesterday Brady hurt his hand on a pretty hard hit to a helmet. He lost his grip on a few throws after that including the second pick. He's actually picked up his TD pace but he's had more INTs too. He didn't play well yesterday but their offense very quickly became one dimensional against the league's best defense. So it's premature to start throwing dirt on his grave. I'm expecting a shootout with Cincinnati next weekend so let's take another look at Brady's numbers after that one.

That’s funny because people here are blaming Mac when the o-line and coaching have let him down…sound familiar?

Also Brady was awful yesterday before he hurt his hand

That’s funny because people here are blaming Mac when the o-line and coaching have let him down…sound familiar?
The o-line and especially the coaching have let Mac down. Usually when things get as bad as they have for the Patriots offense there are multiple contributing factors. One also being Mac hasn't had a good season at all. He's fallen well behind Lawrence and Fields from that draft class. He's better than Zach Wilson for sure. Lance is stuck on an Incomplete. Brady hasn't had a great season but he's outperformed Mac and he doesn't have anywhere near the complementary running game that Mac has. Brady also has 23 years of experience and he's the GOAT so I won't hold Mac to that standard.

Neither team is that impressive this season but the Patriots are a semi-longshot to make the postseason while the Bucs are almost a lock to win their division. Miami and NYJ are crashing back down to Earth so perhaps the Patriots can squeak past both for that #7 seed. We'll see. But it would be fun to see how either team responds in the postseason where there shouldn't be too many cupcakes. Which quarterback would you have more confidence in... 7x SB winner Brady or Mac?

The o-line and especially the coaching have let Mac down. Usually when things get as bad as they have for the Patriots offense there are multiple contributing factors. One also being Mac hasn't had a good season at all. He's fallen well behind Lawrence and Fields from that draft class. He's better than Zach Wilson for sure. Lance is stuck on an Incomplete. Brady hasn't had a great season but he's outperformed Mac and he doesn't have anywhere near the complementary running game that Mac has. Brady also has 23 years of experience and he's the GOAT so I won't hold Mac to that standard.

Neither team is that impressive this season but the Patriots are a semi-longshot to make the postseason while the Bucs are almost a lock to win their division. Miami and NYJ are crashing back down to Earth so perhaps the Patriots can squeak past both for that #7 seed. We'll see. But it would be fun to see how either team responds in the postseason where there shouldn't be too many cupcakes. Which quarterback would you have more confidence in... 7x SB winner Brady or Mac?

They both suck this year, so I'd rather have Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, or Burrow. Heck, I'd take Brock Purdy over Brady and Mac too.

Mahomes is the best qb in the nfl. That's not really debatable. But KC doesn't have the defense of Buffalo,Philly,Cincy or San Fran, who are the other top contenders
KC didn't have the quality of D against SF in 2019. We saw how that turned out.

Buffalo's D isn't that great.

KC didn't have the quality of D against SF in 2019. We saw how that turned out.

Buffalo's D isn't that great.
49ers had the Chiefs dead to rights in that Super Bowl and both their offense/Shanahan and defense choked it away.

Agree on Buffalo's defense. Lots of pedestrian players protected by McDermott's scheme, but they will get shredded by a good offense. They magically turned into a good D when Brady left the Pats.

You need to worry about Cincy though as they are your Daddy.

So are they going to remove the ice and snow that the mouth breathing Buffalo fans threw on the field?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back