PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL Week 14 Sunday Games

Did you see his performance for 3.5 quarters last year against the Rams? How about the 9-0 shutout by the Saints? Last time I checked his offensive line was fine in those games.
every qb has these games, this is nitpicking

LMAO

"The level of responsibility that Brady imposes upon himself has always been massive, and this year he’s taxed to the max. One example: on the night before each game, Brady runs a separate meeting with the Bucs’ skilled players during which he goes over the game plan, makes tweaks to assignments and formations and a provides a revised blueprint – one in which first year head coach Todd Bowles and offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich and the rest of the staff are left to discover in real time once the game begins.”

-Mike Silver

There's a paywall, but this quote was read on Skip and Shannon Undisputed this morning. If true, it's quite damaging as it means Brady is calling the shots and not doing a very good job of it.

LMAO

"The level of responsibility that Brady imposes upon himself has always been massive, and this year he’s taxed to the max. One example: on the night before each game, Brady runs a separate meeting with the Bucs’ skilled players during which he goes over the game plan, makes tweaks to assignments and formations and a provides a revised blueprint – one in which first year head coach Todd Bowles and offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich and the rest of the staff are left to discover in real time once the game begins.”

-Mike Silver
Typical. An entire organization bowing to the will of a star. See, that's what BB wasn't going to do, because once you give that up, you lose everything of a coach/player standard, and soon the franchise is hurt because of it.
Also, the PR stunt to put Bowles in as HC was a mob-pleasing move, and those never work either. A short term appeaser for a long term disaster. Arians is a much better coach, clearly.

What are the chances Purdy ends up a better QB than Mac??

I am not going to get into a long debate about Brady since he is the Bucs QB and not ours and I admittedly haven't watch a lot of his games. But of what I watched the last two weeks (and not just the comeback last week), there seems to be more to his decline than just the people around him.

What are the chances Purdy ends up a better QB than Mac??

Mac Jones in San Francisco would be far better than Mac Jones in New England right now. So I wouldn't be surprised Purdy was at least for the short term. I think Shanahan can make almost any QB look good in that offense except for Trey Lance who they spent three first round picks on.

Did you see his performance for 3.5 quarters last year against the Rams? How about the 9-0 shutout by the Saints? Last time I checked his offensive line was fine in those games.
Have you seen Brady's performance for 99% of his career? You're trolling and nitpicking about the 1% in a down year with abysmal coaching.

Have you seen Brady's performance for 99% of his career? You're trolling and nitpicking about the 1% in a down year with abysmal coaching.

Maybe you missed the article I posted above of Brady doing the coaching for the offense. If true, Leftwich gets absolved and Timmy gets all the blame. Brady's just not coaching material it would seem.

The Bucs offense is almost shockingly bad, especially when you compare it to the last 2 years. 17.2 points per game, 28th in the NFL. Not saying it's his fault, but that's unbelievable for a Tom Brady led offense. We think the Pats offense is bad; the Bucs have scored the same number of offensive TDS in 1 more game so far!

The Bucs offense is almost shockingly bad, especially when you compare it to the last 2 years. 17.2 points per game, 28th in the NFL. Not saying it's his fault, but that's unbelievable for a Tom Brady led offense. We think the Pats offense is bad; the Bucs have scored the same number of offensive TDS in 1 more game so far!

Yep, their OL's a mess; Evans has been making a Lot of business decisions lately; their TEs aren't helping much; and those two ****ing bozos - Toilet Bowles & Notrightwich - pay only lip service to the running game...

...And Brady is no longer good enough to overcome those obstacles, unfortunately. He should've been benched immediately after the score became 35-0... That was one of the Very Worst games I've ever seen him play.

Maybe you missed the article I posted above of Brady doing the coaching for the offense. If true, Leftwich gets absolved and Timmy gets all the blame. Brady's just not coaching material it would seem.
I'm supposed to believe Brady is responsible for refusing to use play action, constant runs up the middle on 1st down, and constant WR/RB screens & designed quick throws to the flat? Not a chance. They won 2 games (almost 3) thanks to their no-huddle where Brady dictates the routes and plays (aka Leftwich's involvement is minimized). Of course the media, particularly this "Silver" scumbag, is trying to capitalize on the Brady down-year with a juicy claim.

Brady is not as good, the O-line is bad, the defense is average, and the coaching is horrific. You add all those up and you've got a team that is under 500.

If true, it's quite damaging as it means Brady is calling the shots and not doing a very good job of it.
It doesn't ring true, though. Brady looks upset with the calls he's routinely getting, which clearly means that he isn't making the calls.

When they go hurry-up and he calls everything at the line, things work.

It doesn't ring true, though. Brady looks upset with the calls he's routinely getting, which clearly means that he isn't making the calls.

When they go hurry-up and he calls everything at the line, things work.

Bro, it's the same OC he's had for the past two seasons...Arians did nothing while he was on the sideline.

well, I was told in the offseason that Brady was going to "coach up" his offensive line and receiving corps...what happened?
Indeed, that was the off-season line, that Brady held off on signing in Tampa till Arians was pushed aside, and now Tom was going to unleash the offense. The offense is off the leash, but it didn't leave the kennel.

Again, Brady is 45. It is ok to admit that Father Time may be finally catching up to the guy. It kinda reminds me of Favre. Favre won the MVP the year before his last year in the league. And the next year he fell apart down the stretch and was a shell of himself by the end of that season.
You are right that Favre played well in 2009 and stunk in 2010, but his MVPs were 1995, 1996, and 1997.

Brady may not be done after this season, you gotta think he will never be elite again.
It's really hard to explain away the number of errant throws Brady makes these days. It's as if he still sees the field at an elite level, but many times his body can't do what his brain wants it to do.

again, brady has no help from his o-line so a decreasing YPA is related to this more than it is to brady declining
It makes for a tough sell for Brady this off season: "Oldest QB to ever play the game needs $25M and elite OL, WR and RB to be successful". It worked three years ago in Tampa, but that was three years ago.

look how awful the qb play this year is around the league, 90% of the teams wished they had brady under center
This is easily disproven, all you need to do is find four teams who are all set without Brady. I can think of 8 without trying very hard at all.

Brady is not as good, the O-line is bad, the defense is average, and the coaching is horrific. You add all those up and you've got a team that is under 500.
I think that's a bit too mild, given they just gave up 35 to a team QB'd by Mr. Irrelevant.

Last edited:
Typical. An entire organization bowing to the will of a star. See, that's what BB wasn't going to do, because once you give that up, you lose everything of a coach/player standard, and soon the franchise is hurt because of it.
Also, the PR stunt to put Bowles in as HC was a mob-pleasing move, and those never work either. A short term appeaser for a long term disaster. Arians is a much better coach, clearly.
How was it a mob pleasing move? The guy had top level defenses for several years.

I said this summer that I saw deterioration in Brady's throwing LAST YEAR. He really should've retired. There are throws he can no longer make.

MAC10's crusade to bring down Brady's legacy continues. And Belichick's by association. I'm pretty sure MAC10 has attributed every single Patriots Super Bowl championship to cheating, incompetence of the opponent, or pure luck. Pretty much the Patriots dynasty was completely fraudulent according to this clown.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back