4. Haloti Ngata
5. Tom Brady

If I'm basing the list purely off impact

1. Demarcus Ware
2. Chris Johnson
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. Haloti Ngata
5. Tom Brady

Any list that's based purely off impact would pretty much have to be five quarterbacks.

Any list that's based purely off impact would pretty much have to be five quarterbacks.

You don't even want to hear my opinion on the qbs of this era. This is a family site so....

Do you really believe that though?

T Brady has more SB rings than all the guys on your list combined. and twice as many SB appearances than the rest of the list combined.

I think you're right. It's based on last years performance. But with regard to the upcoming season, isn't that more important than what they did three or four or five years ago. In that sense, Revis belongs there. The question it raises is how long will he continue to appear on that list and can he repeat.

My reasoning for excluding players that have only one truly great year (Revis, Johnson) is because we don't have enough evidence yet on whether last year was an exception, or the norm in regards to their performance. I'm not taking away last year's performance from them, especially Revis because that was probably the most dominant performance I've seen in a CB since Deion, but we don't know if he'll be able to sustain that performance. We know Brady and Manning, barring injury, will be elite dominant players. Brees, Fitzgerald and Ngata have also shown that. We will see if Revis can keep his dominant form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST