PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Offseason Cuts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I yawned when I read the breaking news about Colston. It had already happened as far as I was concerned.
Are some of you practicing for the appeal hearing with all these semantics?
I'll take it though, new news happened!! Woo-Hoo!! Keep them coming.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Sorry, but I yawned when I read the breaking news about Colston. It had already happened as far as I was concerned.
Are some of you practicing for the appeal hearing with all these semantics?
I'll take it though, new news happened!! Woo-Hoo!! Keep them coming.

Just because we speculate on it doesn't mean it happens. The rumours out of Chicago have been that Martellus Bennett was going to be released but to date it hasn't happened and at this point may not, so it would be newsworthy if it did.

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson
Mario Williams will have plenty of interest. He told me he's ready to produce for any team wanting a player with a fire lit in his belly.

1 year of Chandler Jones at 7.8 million vs. 1-3 years of Mario Williams at 7-9 million + picks from trading Jones

If BB feels that Williams could have a similar career revival to Ware in Denver and Peppers in GB then that is worth discussing. Could be a way to get more draft capital without weakening the team (maybe even improving it).

Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson
Mario Williams will have plenty of interest. He told me he's ready to produce for any team wanting a player with a fire lit in his belly.

1 year of Chandler Jones at 7.8 million vs. 1-3 years of Mario Williams at 7-9 million + picks from trading Jones

If BB feels that Williams could have a similar career revival to Ware in Denver and Peppers in GB then that is worth discussing. Could be a way to get more draft capital without weakening the team (maybe even improving it).

I'm not in the trade Jones camp but this is an interesting proposition.

Damn Williams would be a great addition I just fear that he'll cost too much and some other team will pay him way more than his worth.

Thank You to the Buffalo Bills Organization and to the fans,my time is up,but you will always have a special place in my heart #BillsMafia
1f4af.png

This CANNOT be true!
We haven't reached page 18 yet!

Bills announce they've released Kraig Urbik, Mario Williams and Boobie Dixon

There are a few ways to win a championship in the NFL. A good QB has always been a starting point in this conversation, but the history tells us that stellar offenses does not equal to championships, great defenses on the other hand win championships.

We have 2 good examples in the past 3 years of teams with a scary defense and a bus driver at QB winning the Lombardi, in the middle of this the Pats demonstrating that a great QB with a balanced team can still win the big one. If you join both scenarios in one team it's an unstoppable train. If they rent Williams for a year just like they did with Revis, and keep Chandler Jones, our front 7 will be stacked with great depth to keep legs fresh all year.

Why are people high on Mario Williams, what has he done lately?

Boobie Dixon should sign with the Packers to join up with Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. Then they can draft Willie Beavers from Western Michigan. This needs to happen.

And then draft Jake Butt next year..

I genuinely admire the schoolboy level of your collective wit. All that's left is for Fletcher Cox to sign for them.

Not a cut, but worth a mention:

The Eagles announced this afternoon that they have agreed to a two-year deal with Bradford. The agreement came just minutes after they officially declined to restrict him with the franchise tag. No financial terms of the deal have been announced, but Adam Schefter of ESPN reported that the deal is for $36 million and includes $26 million guaranteed.

Eagles, Sam Bradford agree to two-year contract

Eagles gave QB Sam Bradford a two-year, $36 million deal, including $26 million guaranteed, per source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes