PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL investigating Saints for placing bounties on players(merged X2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it was mentioned but Schefter said that 22-27 players were involved. I assume all that are still in the league will get a suspension of some sort. Based on what I heard based on what he did, Vilma is likely to get a year suspension or longer. I would like to see the list of defensive players from 2009 because anyone on that list is in danger of not playing in 2012.

Peyton Manning's neck injuries? Wouldn't surprise me if it got serious during Super Bowl 44.

People are gonna lose their job over this. I say throw the book at all of them!
Peyton first received his neck injury in 2006 playing the Redskins.
DC of the Redskins at the time was.....................yep one Gregg Williams.

Actually it is mostly Saints fans trying to spin this controversy into no big deal.

Oh, I can tell you as some one who lives in NO, it sure was a "big deal" when "spy gate" went down a few years ago. Rog-Jet wa applauded for what he did the Pats down here. Now with the shoe on the other foot, I can't wait to see how Rog-Jet handles this one !!!! His little pet peeve is excessive safety. Here is an organization who clearly violated his little edicts. He is backed in a corner now, he HAS to act, and harshly over this.

Oh, I can tell you as some one who lives in NO, it sure was a "big deal" when "spy gate" went down a few years ago. Rog-Jet wa applauded for what he did the Pats down here. Now with the shoe on the other foot, I can't wait to see how Rog-Jet handles this one !!!! His little pet peeve is excessive safety. Here is an organization who clearly violated his little edicts. He is backed in a corner now, he HAS to act, and harshly over this.

As immature as it sounds they can all go screw for every time I have to pass Newman on my way home and I see that "congratulations Eli" banner.

Let me guess: it's a completely unbiased group of Steelers, Jets and Rams fans, sprinkled in with some players like Marshall Faulk, Joey Porter, and James Harrison? Who did I leave out ... Rob Parker and Gregg Easterbrook too, perhaps?

Yes, because Pats Fan is completely unbiased.. so unbiased that most members have convinced themselves that spygate isn't a big deal.

Re: Breaking: Saints Break Bounty Rule

Awesome. Somehow the Pats will end up losing the 27th pick out of this! :rolleyes:

FWIW, snark aside, that's one thing that can't happen: one thing Goodell made clear back in 2008 was that it was impossible for the NFL to take away the pick the Pats acquired from the Niners (it wasn't even an option). So, #27 is safe no matter what.

#31, OTOH. . . . :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes, because Pats Fan is completely unbiased.. so unbiased that most members have convinced themselves that spygate isn't a big deal.

Are you finally ready to come out of the closet and admit you're not a Patriots fan?

It became a "big deal", when a little man-child new kid on the block dictator commissioner decided to excessively over punish a team in the league, that he obviously has a bias against, that goes back a long way (since he worked for the Jets, I might add) basically sentencing the Pats to 10 years prison sentence for nothing more than "jaywalking".

He doesn't need the extra money to be a dirty player though.

I remember someone quipping about Roy Williams: Can he make a tackle without trying to end someone's career?

Since I refuse to re-watch any of the plays in question, I'm willing to accept that it's possible that Pollard is merely utterly incompetent rather than downright dirty. I'm also willing to accept that he's a dirty b*****d who deserves whatever c**p karma decides to heap upon him.

How the heck did the saints get caught? Where they taking notes?

This will be a new definition of Hammer Time ... Goodell has backed himself into a corner with the heavy fine and forfeiture of #1 draft pick verdict against the Pats. Your looking at heavy fines, suspensions of players and coaches, loss of draft pick(s). Wouldn't be surprised if Loomis loses his job over this. Benson may fire him.

Interesting that Goodel is working with the NFLPA on this, which I think means player suspemsions.

How the heck did the saints get caught? Where they taking notes?

More than 20 players plus a bunch of coaches involved. Gotta figure they'd spring a leak somewhere.

Are you finally ready to come out of the closet and admit you're not a Patriots fan?

I am a Patriots fan. I just enjoy being objective and intelligent in my analysis of the team. I apologize if that offends you, perhaps you should look into some prescription drugs for your anger issues.

This will be a new definition of Hammer Time ... Goodell has backed himself into a corner with the heavy fine and forfeiture of #1 draft pick verdict against the Pats. Your looking at heavy fines, suspensions of players and coaches, loss of draft pick(s). Wouldn't be surprised if Loomis loses his job over this. Benson may fire him.

Interesting that Goodel is working with the NFLPA on this, which I think means player suspemsions.

That sort of implies that Goodell's action w/ the Pats was unique & apart from his general philosophy. He has been pretty strict since he started, and I'm sure he'll have no issues punishing the Saints accordingly on this one.

This one, if what I'm reading is true, is pretty bad; I'd imagine Goodell will dole out at least what he did to the Pats, maybe much more...

Has he/she ever claimed to be a Pats fan? If so, that's kinda funny. Well, sad anyway.

Here you go...

MSU said:
I am a Patriots fan. I just enjoy being objective and intelligent in my analysis of the team.

I am a Patriots fan. I just enjoy being objective and intelligent in my analysis of the team. I apologize if that offends you, perhaps you should look into some prescription drugs for your anger issues.

If you were a Patriots fan, you would already have put enough effort in to see through the propaganda. If you really do believe the crap your'e spouting, you could enlighten yourself with 5 minutes of googling. If you're just a troll, I am done feeding you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back