PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL investigating Saints for placing bounties on players(merged X2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter King ‏ @SI_PeterKing

In my opinion, the penalties on this will be worse, and maybe significantly worse, than Spygate.

Ouch.....

Schefter's saying the same thing. Shortly after this broke Breer posted something telling Pats fans to chill asking if this was worse, like they were being idiots. Wonder if he feels the same now that his esteemed colleagues are doing the same thing.

It's not like he said, "try to tear his ACL" with an illegal hit or "try to concuss him with a helmet-to-helmet hit" though. It's bad but guys in the NFL are always trying to hurt other players with big hits.

he said to injure another player

he's toast, man

oh it definitely taints their sb win

i wouldn't be surprised if vilma gets banned from the nfl over this too

Schefter on NFL Live: "In week of the NFCCG, Jonathan Vilma put $10K on a table & said 'this goes to the guy that knocks out Brett Favre.'"

Well, good thing Vilma didn't have to pay that bounty out because something tells me is that, if the league verified this incident, Vilma is going to be taking an unpaid vacation from the NFL in 2012.

Schefter's saying the same thing. Shortly after this broke Breer posted something telling Pats fans to chill asking if this was worse, like they were being idiots. Wonder if he feels the same now that his esteemed colleagues are doing the same thing.

What Breer taking an anti-Patriots stance on something? Go figure.

BTW, I love this response to Breer:

@AlbertBreer They are not comparable. One team cheated. The other didn't. The Saints may have broken rules, but didn't cheat to win.

http://twitter.com/#!/gpollock9/status/175685613834600450

So one needs a Thesaurus.

Last edited:

Breer is now retweeting a bunch of people talking about how much worse what the Patriots did was, of course.

wow.....i'd suspend vilma for at least a year, and maybe even kick him out of the nfl

Vilma played at Miami with Nevin Shapiro, so he kinda grew up with this kind of behavior being accepted...

ideally, Payton gets fired over this and we can hire him as our OC.

What Breer taking an anti-Patriots stance on something? Go figure.

BTW, I love this response to Breer:

Twitter

So one needs a Thesaurus.

Albert Breer the unabashed O$U Buckeye fan.

I've known for a long time that Breer is an idiot and a douchebag. I was seriously underestimating his stupidity. That guy needs to get his head kicked in.

Last edited:
Vilma played at Miami with Nevin Shapiro, so he kinda grew up with this kind of behavior being accepted...

He was drafted by the Jets. Oh I'm giddy. "SANCTIONS"

Get Vilma on the stand to say it happened all the time with the Jets.

Breer is a turd who will do anything to rip the Patriots. I'm convinced if we had an actual Patriots fan running the mid day show instead of Steeler fan Gresh he wouldnt get the weekly spot.

ideally, Payton gets fired over this and we can hire him as our OC.

with the irony being that payton was NY's OC when the giants lost to the ravens in the superbowl

Looks like the majority on football fans agree with me (PFT poll), not surprised though. Morally, this is a lot worse than spygate. But sadly enough, in terms of gaining a competitive advantage spygate blows this out of the water.

Ive never heard of this Breer guy and I go to OSU...who is he?

I can't believe you guys still follow Breer. I am not looking for reporters to kiss Belichick's rings but Breer is so against the Patriots it's sickening - and then he sticks up for his stupid Buckeyes, I unfollowed him very quickly. As others have said, obviously this is worse. The underlying activity of Spygate was watching what 80,000 other people can every Sunday not intentionally trying to injure players.

The interesting thing this time is the ringleader is no longer with the Saints so not only should the Saints be clobbered in draft choices but Williams has to be suspended for the year or no harm will come to him as he's not with the team anymore.

Albert Breer the unabashed O$U Buckeye fan.

Just a clarification. The Tweet I posted wasn't from Breer. It was a response to Breer saying the two are different, but bad. Breer is really anti-Patriot, but he wasn't the idiot who posted that tweet.

why do people feel the need to compare these two? THey are two different things....is it that people will feel better about another team doing something wrong? WHo cares about how it relates to spygate......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back