PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL investigating Saints for placing bounties on players(merged X2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a Patriots fan. I just enjoy being objective and intelligent in my analysis of the team. I apologize if that offends you, perhaps you should look into some prescription drugs for your anger issues.

For real? Because I haven't gotten that sense from your posts (all opinions to which you are entitled). Just to check my recollection I looked back at your history and stopped at this from the Madden thread:

Crossing my fingers for Welker to win, get hit by the cruse (sic), and never play a down in a Patriots uniform again. Hope he ends up in some dump like Cleveland or Oakland.

Next thing you'll say is that you're really Deus's best friend.

Last edited:
Speaking of Deus, poor guy steps away from his computer for a couple hours and this bombshell drops.

More than 20 players plus a bunch of coaches involved. Gotta figure they'd spring a leak somewhere.

Crazy. Now it makes sense why the Saints let Williams walk..

Its a pretty serious thing that was going on and they should get hammered for it.

Gotta say I get sick of spygate being brought up so often. Its long over, forget about it and lets not compare it to this stuff even on a comparison of punishments level.

Whatever punishment they get ..just don't make the Saints forfeit that Super Bowl and give it to the Colts :eek:

Peter King story:

"Early indications late Friday afternoon were that the sanctions against the Saints and their former defensive coordinator who the league said administered the bounties, Gregg Williams, will be severe. The league said the penalties could include suspensions, fines and loss of draft choices -- the latter of which could be particularly damaging to the Saints, who do not own a first-round pick this year. Their first choice will be late in the second round, the 59th overall ... unless Goodell takes the pick away."
"There's little doubt the penalties on the Saints will be worse than what the league did to the Patriots for the Spygate scandal in 2007. "
"Payton, the league says, was not "a direct participant'' in the bounty program but was aware of it and did nothing to stop it."
"• Players pooled their own money to fund the bounty club, and players were paid $1,500 if a foe was knocked out of the game, and $1,000 if an opponent was carted off the field.
• Between 22 and 27 players contributed to the bounty pool over a three-year period, with amounts guaranteed if a certain opposing player was knocked out of the game."

This scandal in New Orleans will make Katrina's wrath look like a light breeze :cool:

"• Players pooled their own money to fund the bounty club, and players were paid $1,500 if a foe was knocked out of the game, and $1,000 if an opponent was carted off the field.
"

Wow. This is gonna be bad.

They will lose a 2nd round pick this year and a first next year. The organization will probably be fined similar to what the pats were fined. Williams will be lucky if he ever coaches in the NFL again. There will be suspensions and fines of coaches and players.

Imagine if Nadamukong Suh were a Saint.....He would have received an extra secretive Million by now :eek:

If you were a Patriots fan, you would already have put enough effort in to see through the propaganda. If you really do believe the crap your'e spouting, you could enlighten yourself with 5 minutes of googling. If you're just a troll, I am done feeding you.

The guy who called me a troll regularly stalks me on this board, whose the real troll? Seems obvious to me.

For real? Because I haven't gotten that sense from your posts (all opinions to which you are entitled). Just to check my recollection I looked back at your history and stopped at this from the Madden thread:

Next thing you'll say is that you're really Deus's best friend.

Haha, I'm not allowed to dislike a reciever that chokes on the biggest stage? And as for Dues, I don't think we could be friends. The guy loves trying to troll me, on DI and his shtick JackBauer. He has way too much time on his hands with two usernames with over 5k posts.

I've known for a long time that Breer is an idiot and a douchebag. I was seriously underestimating his stupidity. That guy needs to get his head kicked in.

I'll give you $10,000.

I'M F^%$#@! KIDDING!

It seems like there are multiple bad aspects to this:

• Player safety -- huge Goodell concern
  • Rules of play -- actual cheating that matters
  • Salary cap rules (although that aspect is small)
Feels like 1st-round pick plus personal suspension for Williams plus maximum-allowable fines.

Remember the logic of "Why suspend Belichick? Taking the pick away will hurt him more." That would apply equally well to Payton et al.

Edit: I wrote that even before realizing that a career-ending injury to Kurt Warner was involved. I may have understated the punishment.

Last edited:
I'll give you $10,000.

I'M F^%$#@! KIDDING!

If there was a bounty on Media members,John Tomase would never be able to leave his house and would have to pay Dunkin Donuts extra charges to deliver there. :cool:

If there was a bounty on Media members,John Tomase would never be able to leave his house and would have to pay Dunkin Donuts extra charges to deliver there. :cool:

I don't know what excites me more: Tomase getting his ass kicked or the thought of DD delivery.

Peter King story:

"Early indications late Friday afternoon were that the sanctions against the Saints and their former defensive coordinator who the league said administered the bounties, Gregg Williams, will be severe. The league said the penalties could include suspensions, fines and loss of draft choices -- the latter of which could be particularly damaging to the Saints, who do not own a first-round pick this year. Their first choice will be late in the second round, the 59th overall ... unless Goodell takes the pick away."
"There's little doubt the penalties on the Saints will be worse than what the league did to the Patriots for the Spygate scandal in 2007. "
"Payton, the league says, was not "a direct participant'' in the bounty program but was aware of it and did nothing to stop it."
• Between 22 and 27 players contributed to the bounty pool over a three-year period, with amounts guaranteed if a certain opposing player was knocked out of the game."

Whoa... The Saints are F'd..

Pat Kirwan..

There could be lawsuits to follow by players injured in games against the Saints during the 2009-11 seasons.Lawers have been texting me

Twitter

Originally Posted by Gronkandez
I just submitted a trademark for the phrase BOUNTY GATE.

well then Florio owes you some money.......

“Bountygate” possibly taints Saints’ Super Bowl win | ProFootballTalk

img.php
gate.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know what excites me more: Tomase getting his ass kicked or the thought of DD delivery.

I think Tomase getting fired by the Herald and desperate enough that he gets a minimum wage job at Dunkin Donuts as a delivery boy is even more exciting. :cool:

I am confident that Goodell will punish the Saints in the same manner as he did the Pats and they will likely lose their first in the 2013 Draft. The only team that can get away with stunts like this is his beloved Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back