PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL investigating Saints for placing bounties on players(merged X2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking News: James Harrison requests trade to the Saints
scheme.gif

sarc/

Last edited:
Introducing the 2012 New Orleans Saints OL .........

41YKuxBtZ8L._SX500_.jpg

Last edited:
At first I thought this was not really big, but now it is beginning to take a life of its own.

At first I thought this was not really big, but now it is beginning to take a life of its own.

Not only is it big,but if you were someone like Brett Favre who was not hit illegally once but twice in that playoff game a few years ago by Bobby McCray on multiple hits and 15 yard penalties,you might want to consider legal action.

How much was the bounty pollard got for Gronk?

You mean that we don't have to listen to any more nausea-inducing treacle about how noble the Saints are because they helped New Orleans recover from Katrina?

And...that we don't have to listen to any more talk about how great and clean cut and downright all American a player Drew Brees is?

Say it ain't so!

:singing::singing::singing:

I am a Patriots fan. I just enjoy being objective and intelligent in my analysis of the team. I apologize if that offends you, perhaps you should look into some prescription drugs for your anger issues.

Yet your comments regarding Spygate are neither intelligent nor analytical. A conundrum for sure.

Jets Fan outed. :p

Last edited:
Not only is it big,but if you were someone like Brett Favre who was not hit illegally once but twice in that playoff game a few years ago by Bobby McCray on multiple hits and 15 yard penalties,you might want to consider legal action.

Damn! I didn't anyone could ever say anything to make me feel bad for Brett Favre, but, damn, you just did! :mad:

Pat Kirwan is saying Agents are already hinting about legal actions for injured players.

Dear God:

Please figure out a way to involve Archie Manning. Thanks!

Signed,
Everyone who's not Archie Manning

Pat Kirwan is saying Agents are already hinting about legal actions for injured players.

Yep,the train has begun to roll

By the end of the month you might be seeing Benson selling Pencils out of a cup in the French Quarter :cool:

Joe Staley ‏ @jstaley74

Just seeing all the reports about the Saints D. I knew there was something fishy about getting punched in the face during our playoff game

A lot of offensive players who've played the Saints really don't like them, as we're seeing.

Shefter's tweet :

"Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Washington Post reports Redskins had a bounty system for big hits on opponents under their former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams."

I think Dirty Fisher needs to be looking for a new DC right about now.

I am a Patriots fan. I just enjoy being objective and intelligent in my analysis of the team. I apologize if that offends you, perhaps you should look into some prescription drugs for your anger issues.

The next objective and/or intelligent statement that you make in this forum will be the first.

Earlier on you suggested that we didn't know what was on the tapes. If you were as objective and intelligent as you claim, you'd know that we do know what was on the tapes, because Jay Glazer leaked footage of one of them. It showed sideline, scoreboard, line of scrimmage. And I heard something about cheerleaders' asses.

Yeah, that's way worse than intentionally injuring dudes.

Last edited:
If Brees is made a free agent they won't win the bidding war with the teams way under the cap.

Then maybe they turn to.... hometown guy Peyton Manning??

New name for the SAINTS??

After being called names (and a lot of them at that :mad:) after the SPYGATE Incident, isnt it time we start giving out names to teams which are caught doing things they arent supposed to be doing?

Please come up with unique/creative names for the SAINTS

NEW ORLEANS SUHs
NEW ORLEANS THUGS............... :rocker::rocker:

i figured this kind of thing would have come from the ravens or titans

The Ravens have outright admitted that they do this in the past, haven't they?

NFL to investigate Ravens 'bounty' on Steelers

I remember it being big on the news cycle for about 2 days back in 2008, but the NFL wasn't on its player safety kick yet, so nobody really cared. Like with Spygate, I'm willing to bet that there are a whole lot of teams in the NFL that do this. If the Ravens did it under Rex Ryan, for starters, I'm willing to bet that the Jets do too.

It's been fairly well suspected that Gregg Williams does this with his defenses for some time now, and maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought that it was pretty well-established that Rex did the same. I thought I had heard that the Titans were in that boat as well, so there's quite a few teams implicated just like that.

Let's give the facts some time to come to light, because when (and it's probably when, not if) it turns out that a ton of teams do this, the Saints won't look quite so bad by comparison. Like with Spygate, this is probably more common than we'll ever know. Unfortunately for the Saints, just like with Spygate they're probably about to be nailed with a pretty extreme punishment in order to set an example for the rest of the league.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back