PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Term:"Belidised"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Someone posted, on another thread, that we should have a term for the negitive articles or articles that don't give the Patriots proper respect. This would also apply to TV or radio commentors doing the same thing.

So I nominate the term: "Belidised". We can say that this article or media person "Belidised' us. Or, we just got "Belidised' by this guy.

Yes? No?

PATSNUTme said:
Someone posted, on another thread, that we should have a term for the negitive articles or articles that don't give the Patriots proper respect. This would also apply to TV or radio commentors doing the same thing.

So I nominate the term: "Belidised". We can say that this article or media person "Belidised' us. Or, we just got "Belidised' by this guy.

Yes? No?

Nut, what are the voices saying now? Did you forget to take your meds this morning?

Wasn't there an episode of South Park where Cartman kept putting the same prefix in front of every word?

Bill's Girl said:
Nut, what are the voices saying now? Did you forget to take your meds this morning?

Wasn't there an episode of South Park where Cartman kept putting the same prefix in front of every word?

I can't remember if I forgot to take them or forgot to remember to take them.

You mean those are just voices and not real people?

Meds? What meds?? Will you share?

PATSNUTme said:

Yes? No?

I don't like it. Belichick get's too much negativity aimed his way from the media to start with. I don't want to use any part of his name in a negative way.

The term "Belidised" is better used to describe something or someone that was broken but is now fixed. Like a player who's football career appears to be over b/c he's told he's not good enougth. Then he's "Belidised" and suddenly he's not only employed but making significant contributions to a Super Bowl caliber team. (Poteat, Hawkins, Gay, etc....They've all been Belidised)

As for a term that indicates when we've been disrespected......my vote is "TUCKED". Whenever some discredits us or bashes us, they've Tucked us.

I think it's appropriate b/c despite the fact that the tuck was the right call vs the Raiders, its been used against us. I've heard enemies in the media (Mike Francesca) declare that the Raiders outplayed us in that game and we were lucky to win. I seem to remember it very differently. We DOMINATED the last quarter and a half of that game. The better team clearly won that game. The Raiders would have been crushed by the Steelers and/or Rams.

Anyhow, a lot of the disrespect sent our way seems to arise from the tuck play so I say the term of disrespect should be "Tucked". And anybody who tucks us is a Tucker. Or a God Damned Mother Tucker, if you wish.

How about:
borges: 1. verb meaning to disrespect local icons or champions. 2. any compliment that is bogus.
Usage:
1. Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have been borgesed by some idiot sports writer in the Globe an uncounted number of times this season.
2. Saying that Tom Brady is a good QB in a system that is perfect for his talents is a borges statement.

Last edited:
Well my fellings aren't hurt by other suggestions. In fact, I've been told that I don't have feelings to hurt in the first place.

So, what we should do is take all the suggestions and then do a poll. But that is only a suggested suggestion and there could be other suggestions as to the best way to handle all the suggestions.

"Belidise"? That's weak. How about "Belismack", as in 'that freakin' Borges Belismacked the Pats again.'

oldrover said:
"Belidise"? That's weak. How about "Belismack", as in 'that freakin' Borges Belismacked the Pats again.'

Might have been stronger if you would have spelled it right: "Belidissed" not "Belidise', that sound like a carribean island.

Anyway, why don't we let the suggestion flow until tomorrow night and then we can set up a vote on Sunday.

Last edited:
VT_NY_Patsfan said:
How about:
borges: 1. verb meaning to disrespect local icons or champions. 2. any compliment that is bogus.
Usage:
1. Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have been borgesed by some idiot sports writer in the Globe an uncounted number of times this season.
2. Saying that Tom Brady is a good QB in a system that is perfect for his talents is a borges statement.

I LIKE IT!!!

BORGES IT IS!!!

I'm still pissed that the officials BORGESED us against the Broncos.

Yep, it works.

It also works b/c of the whole Star Trek thing. The Borg were a race of beings that assimilated beautiful cultures and made them ugly. That's just like Ron Borges. He'll take a beautiful thing and remove all its beauty. Everything he touches becomes ugly. He's just an ugly, ugly man.

Last edited:
VT_NY_Patsfan said:
How about:
Usage:

If I may expand on your wordsmithery...wrong borges
1) A member of the media wrong borgesed the quality of the Patriots' draft picks.

Maybe the word should be "Beli-dissed" instead of "Belidised".

Any better?

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
Maybe the word should be "Beli-dised" instead of "Belidised".

Any better?
Ahhhh... now I understand what you're trying to say! Damnit man, get your hip-hop slang right. Diss has two not one "s". :D

diss

v : treat, mention, or speak to rudely; "He insulted her with his rude remarks"; "the student who had betrayed his classmate was dissed by everyone" [syn: insult, affront]

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Ahhhh... now I understand what you're trying to say! Damnit man, get your hip-hop slang right. Diss has two not one "s". :D

diss

v : treat, mention, or speak to rudely; "He insulted her with his rude remarks"; "the student who had betrayed his classmate was dissed by everyone" [syn: insult, affront]

Yo, homey from the county. I'm cool with dat.

I will change that on previous post.

PATSNUTme said:
Yo, homey from the county. I'm cool with dat.

I will change that on previous post.
Words to your mom, or something like that. :cool3:

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Words to your mom, or something like that. :cool3:

Were you trying to say "yo mama"?

PATSNUTme said:
Were you trying to say "yo mama"?

Beli-smacked makes me feel kinda tingly......;)

Bill's Girl said:
Beli-smacked makes me feel kinda tingly......;)

Beli-anything makes you feel kinda tingly.

PATSNUTme said:
Beli-anything makes you feel kinda tingly.

HAHA!! You know me so well!!

Dissed? Why not simply: Belichucked? As in Manning got Belichucked out of contention again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News