Status
Not open for further replies.

Actual Pats Fan

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
100px-New_England_Patriots_logo.svg.png
its legacy
Apr 1, 2008

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, in an emotional speech before NFL owners, apologized for the franchise's involvement in the Spygate scandal.

With apparent tension in the meeting room, Kraft asked for time to speak and apologized for Spygate in which a videographer was caught taping signals of Jets defensive coaches. After an investigation, the Patriots lost a first-round draft choice and $250,000 and coach Bill Belichick was fined $500,000.

Kraft spoke of the values of the partnership with the league and how disappointed he was that his team brought negative attention to the league. Colts coach Tony Dungy described the speech as heartfelt and excellent, saying "I appreciated what he had to say."

Others who listened believed Kraft was speaking from the heart. Once Kraft was done talking, the entire room broke into applause.

"I'm happy they did it," Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said. "I don't know they had to do it. But it was good to hear from them. We're all trying to move on from this thing. What was said will stay in the room, but it was good."

--

...um, I don't remember Bowlen apologizing for actually cheating, that is deliberately violating the salary cap. But since Paul "The Patriots Damaged The League" (that time in '91) Tagliaboob slapped the Broncos on the wrist and nobody ever heard about it, that makes sense.

It was entirely Goodell's subjective opinion that the Patriots' cameras were in the "wrong location." Objectively, something that could hardly even be considered a violation.

Kraft: loves NFL.

People who love the Patriots: left out in the cold. As usual.

Apologies for putting a camera in the wrong place.

Sounds like an April Fool to me.

Yeah, that did us a lot of good.... :rolleyes:

I'm kind of a fan of APF's anti-Kraft and anti-Flying Elvis shtick. An unusual calling card for sure in these parts, but he's consistent.

Regards,
Chris

If you don't stand up to a bully, he will keep taking your lunch money.

I could see the naivety the first time around. Not the second. He is a pushover and should have fought with every tooth and nail. His statement about the other 31 was probably the worst speech I have ever heard. If you are in the minority opinion, even if you are right, you should just capitulate.

I am surprised that a man of Jewish heritage would not deem it necessary to fight in a meaningful way against pseudoscience, wrongful persecution, kangaroo courts, and a frenzied crowd mentality looking for blood.

@Actual Pats Fan , I noticed you skipped over today's date. I'll leave it up to you: March 31, 1993 - great day in New England Patriots history, or greatest day in New England Patriots history?

Pat Patriot or Flying Elvis? Fans have a decision to make

;)

Pat Patriot replaced the team’s first logo - a blue tricorn hat - on team helmets. It remained the official logo until March 31, 1993, when the Patriots adopted the Flying Elvis and changed their home uniforms from red to blue.

the box of tissues is over there

If you don't stand up to a bully, he will keep taking your lunch money.

I could see the naivety the first time around. Not the second. He is a pushover and should have fought with every tooth and nail. His statement about the other 31 was probably the worst speech I have ever heard. If you are in the minority opinion, even if you are right, you should just capitulate.

I am surprised that a man of Jewish heritage would not deem it necessary to fight in a meaningful way against pseudoscience, wrongful persecution, kangaroo courts, and a frenzied crowd mentality looking for blood.
He grew up resentful of the Sullivan ownership's incompetence.

He obviously is deeply appreciative of the opportunity to own the team, and he truly believed that his responsible, fair, above-board and genuinely affectionate treatment of the NFL and its representatives would be respected and even reciprocated.

It's not even personal toward him; the league simply hates...the...Patriots and it's been going on since decades before we beat the Rams in SB36. Further, I'm happy and damn proud to have rooted for this franchise in my life and our history should be celebrated and stuffed in the face of our haters; not mothballed inside a museum somewhere inside Patriot Place.

@Actual Pats Fan , I noticed you skipped over today's date. I'll leave it up to you: March 31, 1993 - great day in New England Patriots history, or greatest day in New England Patriots history?

Pat Patriot or Flying Elvis? Fans have a decision to make

;)

Pat Patriot replaced the team’s first logo - a blue tricorn hat - on team helmets. It remained the official logo until March 31, 1993, when the Patriots adopted the Flying Elvis and changed their home uniforms from red to blue.
Thanks...but article is riddled with holes. Young Pat Sullivan picked out Pat Patriot from the newspaper, and pointed it out to his dad.

And the Patriots started winning Super Bowls when Tom Brady took over as the starter - in 2001.

Forget football, forget everything - the flying elvis is nauseating to me. It's the image of a decaying corpse. It conveys nothing about happiness, enthusiasm, football, history, tradition, Boston, New England or America. It sucks.

We're talking about someone who sticks up for that piece of fascist **** in the WH.

People are complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back