PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England field condition is INEXCUSABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
FortLauderdaleBroncosFan said:
seriously, what the hell?? is Kraft a cheapskate or something?
Yes that's exactly what it is, Kraft is cheap :rolleyes:

They need to keep soccer out of there. No offense to soccer fans but that sport is not worth ruining the field for an NFL game. Make them play at fenway or something.

What happened to the new soccer stadium in Boston?

Hate to break the news to you, but soccer has very little to do with the field condition.

11 players in soccer are spread out all over the field and the most consistent way teams move the ball upfield is to attack the sides not the middle of the field.

So if the middle of the field is destroyed it is probably due to that sport where the ball is re-spotted in the middle of the field play after play after play.

(you would do better to ***** about the concerts)..soccer does not tear up turf. (and except for world cup I dont even like soccer)

Gumby said:
Hate to break the news to you, but soccer has very little to do with the field condition.

11 players in soccer are spread out all over the field and the most consistent way teams move the ball upfield is to attack the sides not the middle of the field.

So if the middle of the field is destroyed it is probably due to that sport where the ball is re-spotted in the middle of the field play after play after play.

(you would do better to ***** about the concerts)..soccer does not tear up turf. (and except for world cup I dont even like soccer)

Yep, the only soccer fields that get torn up are those on which Rugby games have been played. As Gumby said, that much play just doesn't take place in the middle of the pitch. The field was in abysmal condition, though.

The soccer matches certainly don't help, but it's all of the other concerts and crap that keep the field so mucked up. There's definitely no excuse for it, as the place is, after all, a FOOTBALL stadium.

Last edited:
However the spots where there was no footing was near the end zone which is due to soccer.

It seems like they prefer a slow track, so they keep the field chewed up. But Brady likes a fast track, so it doesn't add up.

The worst part of the field is the middle of the field between the hash marks. Professional soccer isn't played in the middle of the field its played on the outside.

I won't even try to defend it. It's ridiculous. I just hope a player doesn't wind up getting seriously hurt due to it.

FortLauderdaleBroncosFan said:
seriously, what the hell?? is Kraft a cheapskate or something?

Yes, Kraft is cheap. He only spent $450 million of his own money to build the stadium. But he's cheap.

No, you're just dumb.

Alk said:
I won't even try to defend it. It's ridiculous. I just hope a player doesn't wind up getting seriously hurt due to it.

Right, I don't see how anybody wins in the scenario in which the field sucks as much as they do. I guess I don't buy the whole "BB likes the field this way" crap (you hear on WEEI for instance) b/c it's completely ridicolous - it hurts every team involved and really puts the players at danger. It's only a matter of time before someone ruptures something on that field, it's a beach out there.

Last edited:
I agree. The field sucks... much too dry. Damnit can't we get some mud in there? We need us some mud. I love me a muddy game.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
I agree. The field sucks... much too dry. Damnit can't we get some mud in there? We need us some mud. I love me a muddy game.
A little water definately wouldn't hurt. Someone needs to tell the groundskeeper that green spraypaint doesn't make grass grow.

I don't want to see the field replaced until after the Colts game. 'Would love to be in the press room observing Napolian's numerous hissy fits. :D

Alk said:
A little water definately wouldn't hurt. Someone needs to tell the groundskeeper that green spraypaint doesn't make grass grow.
Nor does it make it muddy. Break out the friggin' hose. Douse that mother down. Especially for the Dolts game, I'm with you Seymor93.

BradyManny2344 said:
I guess I don't buy the whole "BB likes the field this way" crap (you hear on WEEI for instance) b/c it's completely ridicolous
Seriously, if BB walked into Kraft's office tomorrow and said, "The field stinks, it needs to be replaced," the next home game it would look like a putting green.

The field is a mess because the Pats feel it gives them a competitive advantage.

I think that we will find that the field will be different come the next home game. They have almost a month before they have to play the Colts here at home.

Gator Mike said:
Seriously, if BB walked into Kraft's office tomorrow and said, "The field stinks, it needs to be replaced," the next home game it would look like a putting green.

The field is a mess because the Pats feel it gives them a competitive advantage.

The field is a mess ever since the grass went missing after Mick and Keith performed at Gillette. The "Stones" can always get what they want.

Gumby said:

Well, yes, for one team....unless there's 5½ players to team nowadays....or unless they're playing against themselves....but hey, what do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News