PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE will blowout KC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st post guys, sup? I've been reading this forum for a while and believe we can all agree Brady is GOAT and I am convinced this Saturday Brady will once again prove just that! I was all about ready to give up until I remembered who our QB actually is! Do we make the SB? I can't say because.. we are onto KC!

Honestly though, if Gronk is okay I see us winning by 10+. I just have this gut feeling we can do this. If it makes my opinion more credible, I knew we'd lose to Miami.

Greetings!

I also see us controlling this game winning by 7-13 the reasons are mainly because of the defense.

The one difference between this year and last year's blowout game is that we are a fast defense especially on the edge. Typically Reid loves those outside runs, sweeps, a bit of read option, halfback passes in the flat and then counters with quick slants to Maclin and Wilson with Kelce going down the seam. Maclin is banged up, COllins and Hightower really shine on the edge especially with smart DEs like Ninko and Jones and Sheard being an utter beast. Ware and West just don't scare me to break things open. I just don't see the Chiefs controlling the clock and moving the ball.

KCs d-line is great (hopefully Houston is out), but their secondary is just ok. I'm hoping with Edelman back we can go back to the game planning we did against the Jets and Bills early in the season with a lot of quick throws and then play action down the seam to Gronk.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
yeah. I've stopped even trying to give Ratings on my phone. I can never hit the one that I want.

Sometimes when I'm swiping my finger up and down the screen to scroll past a bunch of messages I'll accidentally rate a message.

Then I have to try to look through them to try and find my rating

KC Will Blow Out NE is what the thread should be titled, for accuracy's sake.

Just curious.. do you mean a SB loss would feel worse? Or that you would be impressed that we made it with all the injuries etc..

I know losing the SB sucks, however I consider just making the SB a great feat for a lot of reasons.. but my favorite reason is DENYING another AFC fan base the SB experience... The more SB appearances we have means the more times another AFC fan base suffers, which is fun for me. I get a lot from certain teams fan bases misery (Denver SB 48 for exmaple... Colts every single year; Jets/Buffalo/Miami for decades)
The worst thing for ones legacy is losing the Super Bowl. It's not fair but that's the way it is. The bills teams that lost 4 in a row are a joke. Dan reeves... The Vikings... Elway until he won 2 after going 0-3 with teams that belonged nowhere near the Super Bowl. The only difference here is that in this Bb/tb era we have 4 wins vs 2 losses. If the pats won super bowl 42, that would have changed a lot in regards to Brady and belichicks legacy

• Ha Ha
Reactions: SVN
The worst thing for ones legacy is losing the Super Bowl. It's not fair but that's the way it is. The bills teams that lost 4 in a row are a joke. Dan reeves... The Vikings... Elway until he won 2 after going 0-3 with teams that belonged nowhere near the Super Bowl. The only difference here is that in this Bb/tb era we have 4 wins vs 2 losses. If the pats won super bowl 42, that would have changed a lot in regards to Brady and belichicks legacy
I don't totally agree as long as you have several wins in the SB as well. John Elway is considered God-Like and frankly I think it is enhanced not diminished by 5 appearances with the 2 wins. Now his losses were destructions..yes.... and in the moment very embarrassing. But overall if he were 2 for 2, I think is lessor legacy. Playoff wins matter too. "The Drive" is huge and they got smoked by NYG. Larry Bird's steal against the Pistons in 87 is absolutely EPIC but the Lakers took us down in 6 in the Finals. Bird's steal is still his most epic moment and frankly amazing.

I am proud of Brady's 6 appearances. (Hopefully 7 or 8 eventually)

What an absolute joke of a take. I mean really it's idiotic. The worst thing for a legacy is being one and ****ing done or never making the playoffs or having a losing record in the playoffs. Your logic is it's better to never get to a SB than get to a SB. Which is just mind boggling

They still won 4 ****ing SBs. Only one other QB/Coach combo has done that and they only got to the SB 4 times. Getting to a SB 6 times and winning it 4 doesn't hurt your legacy especially when you look at how the 2 losses came. Ya obviously if they were 5-1 or 6-0 in SBs it's better but to act like them only having 4 SBs instead of 5 changes their legacy a lot is just a stupid take.

Don Shula is ****ing 2-4 in SBs. Tom Landry is 2-3 and that doesn't stop anyone from proclaiming them the two greatest ever.

There is only 2 coaches in NFL history with 4 SBs, Chuck Noll and Bill Belichick.

Getting to a SB 6 times and winning it 4 times is vastly different from the jills or Dan Reeves getting to 4 and winning none.

I think you're off on that. Lost Superbowls don't hurt legacies, but SB wins definitely add to legacies. That Bills team is quite revered historically. No offense, but the only people who think those teams are a joke are idiots. That was a great team. They have 5 players and the HC from those teams in Canton. They certainly wouldn't all be there without those SB appearances.

It is possible but even with a few injuries to their D I doubt the let it get out of hand unless Alex Smith has a bad game.

Also I see a blow out as above a 2 score margin (so probably at least above 16 points. I don't see the Pats winning by 17 or more if KC plays well... 10 is possible.

I will be just as happy if we end up with one more point than KC.

I actually think that's what's going to happen. It's going to be a pretty close game.

I'd be surprised to see a 34-20 score. I wouldn't be that surprised by a 24-6.

when the noise is loud, it makes it hard for others to think

all that matters is the pats are focused on the next game.......whatever they can do to have everyone focusing on the noise helps them.....watch this hand while the other hand is emptying your pockets

hahaha...So we should lose tomorrow or in the AFCCG so that we dont possibly lose in the superbowl :) . That would be better for their 'legacy' because 6-2 is better than 7-3 in superbowls .:) This is the same logic people apply when they say montana never lost a SB. Of course, he went one and done a couple of times and lost in the playoffs just so he could avoid a possible loss in the superbowl.

This is the eve of a second round playoff game for us, and we get this BLOWOUT FOR PATS header written by someone who has been on this board for one day---and most seem to say this a NOT a troll.

Sorry it isn't a naive new Pat fan folks... rather we have a bunch of vet Pat fans who are the naive suckers. This is emphatically a troll. And to boot his damn thread sits right up at the top of the menu.

I am happy we don't have to wait till Sunday afternoon for this one. Hitting the bar early to get a seat. Can't wait!

My bold prediction:

S. Jackson rushes for over 100 in this one. Pats win by 7.

My bold prediction:

S. Jackson rushes for over 100 in this one. Pats win by 7.

I think that's being a little too optimistic. I honestly don't expect much from Jackson. But we didn't have a run game in the playoffs last year either (aside from the Indy game) and our offense was still a juggernaut.

As long as Edelman and Gronk and give us 3 good games, I don't see anyone stopping us, even with the lack of a running game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST