PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE will blowout KC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like by 8:00 Sunday night one of 2 things will happen.
1) We will be thinking BB did what he had to in order to get this team ready for the playoffs and it is now going to peak, and he is truly a genius.
2) The dysfunctional end of the season was exactly what it looked like.

I think either we are done, or we look like awoken Champions, and don't see in between happening.

Dunno if I'd call a 10 point win a "blowout" but I like the optimism.

Greetings from Kansas City and good luck tomorrow. No predictions here, just glad to be in the game. You all have a lot to be proud of, and this is new to us. I was in high school in '69 when we last participated in a Superbowl. I don't think any of us really expected this.

The latest I heard on Hali, Houston and Maclin is that they all practiced yesterday so we'll see. How is Gronk? What a beast.

Divisional round games are usually competitive, so I doubt there will be a blowout. Conference game...pencil it in!

Could be a misfire... I can't tell you how often, on the iPhone, I go to hit 'agree' and accidentally hit 'dislike', or attempt to hit 'funny' and instead hit 'disagree'.

Yeah...my "dislike" was a misfire. I tried to hit "undo rating" but my phone froze. Oh well, lucky for me you're so understanding...:)

hahaha...So we should lose tomorrow or in the AFCCG so that we dont possibly lose in the superbowl :) . That would be better for their 'legacy' because 6-2 is better than 7-3 in superbowls .:) This is the same logic people apply when they say montana never lost a SB. Of course, he went one and done a couple of times and lost in the playoffs just so he could avoid a possible loss in the superbowl.

No we should not lose tommorow or in the AFCCG. But yeah There are people out there who think it is better to go 3-0 in superbowls than 3-1.

I think you're off on that. Lost Superbowls don't hurt legacies, but SB wins definitely add to legacies. That Bills team is quite revered historically. No offense, but the only people who think those teams are a joke are idiots. That was a great team. They have 5 players and the HC from those teams in Canton. They certainly wouldn't all be there without those SB appearances.

Lost superbowls hurt legacies. I do not see how they don't. You couldnt compare anyone to Brady and BElichick if they won superbowl 42. I still think they are the best, but had they won that game, that wouldve changed everything. No offense taken, not my view that those Bills teams are a joke, I think its a great accomplishment and I agree that those people that think there jokes are idiots.

What an absolute joke of a take. I mean really it's idiotic. The worst thing for a legacy is being one and ****ing done or never making the playoffs or having a losing record in the playoffs. Your logic is it's better to never get to a SB than get to a SB. Which is just mind boggling

They still won 4 ****ing SBs. Only one other QB/Coach combo has done that and they only got to the SB 4 times. Getting to a SB 6 times and winning it 4 doesn't hurt your legacy especially when you look at how the 2 losses came. Ya obviously if they were 5-1 or 6-0 in SBs it's better but to act like them only having 4 SBs instead of 5 changes their legacy a lot is just a stupid take.

Don Shula is ****ing 2-4 in SBs. Tom Landry is 2-3 and that doesn't stop anyone from proclaiming them the two greatest ever.

There is only 2 coaches in NFL history with 4 SBs, Chuck Noll and Bill Belichick.

Getting to a SB 6 times and winning it 4 times is vastly different from the jills or Dan Reeves getting to 4 and winning none.

Okay first of all, I think your jumping the gun here, that is not my logic at all. If you read my post you should undertsand that i said when you win the superbowl it changes everything, when you never win one it completely hurts your legacy. my example of that was elway. People thought he was a choker. then he won 2 superbowls. I clearly said the pats are different because they won 4

• Ha Ha
Reactions: SVN
No we should not lose tommorow or in the AFCCG. But yeah There are people out there who think it is better to go 3-0 in superbowls than 3-1.

Lost superbowls hurt legacies. I do not see how they don't. You couldnt compare anyone to Brady and BElichick if they won superbowl 42. I still think they are the best, but had they won that game, that wouldve changed everything. No offense taken, not my view that those Bills teams are a joke, I think its a great accomplishment and I agree that those people that think there jokes are idiots.

Okay first of all, I think your jumping the gun here, that is not my logic at all. If you read my post you should undertsand that i said when you win the superbowl it changes everything, when you never win one it completely hurts your legacy. my example of that was elway. People thought he was a choker. then he won 2 superbowls. I clearly said the pats are different because they won 4
The lions and jaguar players have better legacies than bills of the 90s then ?

The lions and jaguar players have better legacies than bills of the 90s then ?

Im not even going to waste my time if your just gonna use strawmans

• Ha Ha
Reactions: SVN
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm not a troll by the way, just an optimistic fan who feels this game will be close until the 2nd half then NE will get the job done. KC is certainly dangerous, but I'm hoping their playoff inexperience hurts them. TBH, I see our D getting 1-2 huge turnovers.

I am feeling really concerned about tomorrow. I am not optimistic about any of our injured players aside Edelman oddly enough. I think he'll be fine. But Gronk and Amendola might just be shells of themselves. And I don't know if Hightower is going to be what he should be. And who knows what's going on with Brady's ankle.

We'll probably win, but it might look ugly. And that will not bode well for having to then go into Denver and play an almost entirely healthy Broncos team.

My best reasonable case scenario for tomorrow is that Edelman and Hightower are both playing at somewhere in the ballpark of 80-90%, and come back onto the field as immediate impact players. With Maclin hobbled, I have a hard time seeing the Chiefs scoring a lot on us, so I could see us winning by a score along the lines of 21-3.

Bottom line, I don't see this offense--with Gronk hobbled and Edelman as a question mark--dropping 30 on KC. ****, 20 might be a tall order. Their defense is really good, and Edelman (plus maybe White) is our only guy that I see as having a favorable matchup. But if the defense is healthy-ish, I don't think we'll have to.

Not too confident tomorrow. This team needs a really good start. Slow start and it could be a long afternoon

Its certainly worrysome seeing Gronk as injured as he, agreed. As I mentioned in my OP, my prediction fell upon if Gronk was okay, which he obviously isn't.

I still feel NE defeats KC though.

P.S: If I'm wrong, please don't call me stupid or anything because we're all comrades!

So apparently injuries are only going to effect the Pats in this one and not the chiefs, whose best WR is hobbled and might not play. Their 2 best pass rushers are no where close to 100% and one is supposedly a game time decision and their starting C and RG have been ruled out.

But I guess going by people's logic on here injuries will only effect the Pats and won't have any effect on the chiefs

Not too confident tomorrow. This team needs a really good start. Slow start and it could be a long afternoon

maybe the crowd will start booing if they start out poorly!!:D

no way we blow the chiefs out. field goal type of game..

So is it THEY or WE? Make up your mind.

We would probably have to play and coach like **** for an entire half and possibly be losing by alot before you hear boos.

We would probably have to play and coach like **** for an entire half and possibly be losing by alot before you hear boos.

luckily, the chiefs offense doesn't score many points.
just stop alex from running for 1st downs and we should be alright

just wondering how we will score. @JMC00 you think we feed the beast, steven jackson? im thinking minimum of 20 carries.:rolleyes:

I feel like by 8:00 Sunday night one of 2 things will happen.
1) We will be thinking BB did what he had to in order to get this team ready for the playoffs and it is now going to peak, and he is truly a genius.
2) The dysfunctional end of the season was exactly what it looked like.

I think either we are done, or we look like awoken Champions, and don't see in between happening.

This is how I'm feeling. My guess is either a big win or a loss. Don't feel a close win coming. We have the elements in place to perform like we did at the beginning of the year, let's see if we can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST