PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE needs to expose people/teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think you guys actually did something wrong and man up to it? Instead of fighting back like Mangini did something wrong. The NFL found the guy who was doing something illegaly not the Jets.

No, the Jets ratted him out to the league guys, get the facts straight gus.

It will be a relative slap on the wrist but not an actual one. At this point I think they have to be hit with something like a #3 or a #4 & #5. This isn't a commissioner who likes to look weak.

But remember, he *works* for the owners.

R

we can't take this lying down. This is total *********. It is happening all over the league. Everyone is going to be coming after them as far back as 2001 with questions of their legitimacy.

We have to fight and fight....it's really that simple

Let's all try to have patience enought to wait & see what BB & Krafts response will be. I'm too tired to rant on this much more, but the Patriots organization has my support 100%.

No, the Jets ratted him out to the league guys, get the facts straight gus.

Mangini DID do something wrong. He made the Patriots players wear their HOME dark blue jerseys for that game that was played in 95 degree heat. It would be stupid to own up to this sort of thing...REALLY stupid!

Best off to play dumb as in, "Oh, OK...I understand clearly now. It won't happen again."

I don't think I could agree with this post any more. If all of the sudden we are under intense investigation for stealing signals, then it's time for the Patriots to unleash whatever dirty, disgusting, hurtful secrets they can upon the leauge. No more Mr. Nice Guy if you will.

The organization has shown nothing but class the last 7 - 10 years and now we are allegedly found 'guilty' of stealing signals? Against a laughable Jets team.

Another poster said it best in another thread: No Mercy.

Whenever we can run up a score on a team, we do so. Make the leauge realize that we were just doing is the exact same thing that every other team does. No more interviews, no more media, no more anything.

Our voice will be heard through the gridiron, and nothing more.

The Pats shouldn't have any mercy when they play... no one should! Even if every other team is cheating - it doesn't make it right. Your logic is so convoluted, it's ridiculous!

The Pats shouldn't have any mercy when they play... no one should! Even if every other team is cheating - it doesn't make it right. Your logic is so convoluted, it's ridiculous!

What my fellow PATRIOTS fans was trying to say is that it's not smart to fool with a team that is as SCARY (cover of Sports Illustrated released today) as the Patriots. All the NFL is doing is ensuring that we have a "Raison D'etre" for this year.

Man, this should be good!:eek:

PatriotsReign;515111[B said:
]Mangini DID do something wrong. He made the Patriots players wear their HOME dark blue jerseys for that game that was played in 95 degree heat.[/B] It would be stupid to own up to this sort of thing...REALLY stupid!

Best off to play dumb as in, "Oh, OK...I understand clearly now. It won't happen again."

=======================================
So what you are saying is that Mangini should of made sure the Jets wore there dark greens becuase it was too hot for the Pats, is that rite?

I agree it probaly isn't uncommon to cheat, but that doesen't make it rite.

This has very little to do with Mangini, the Pats did this to themselves.

This does seem to be getting blown way out of proportion.

The commissioner hasn't gone one on one against Bob Kraft yet.

I'm serious. He's easily the most powerful owner in the NFL, and a stone cold shark of a business executive.

You don't mess with the man in the white collar.

Putin did...

Mangini DID do something wrong. He made the Patriots players wear their HOME dark blue jerseys for that game that was played in 95 degree heat. It would be stupid to own up to this sort of thing...REALLY stupid!

This is a common practice in the NFL. The Dolphins have been doing this for years. While I tend to agree with you on Mangini doing this, the Jets have worn the white jerseys at home on many occasions in both hot and cold weather.

OK, let me get this straight. Just because "everyone is doing it" means it isn't wrong.

Cut it with the straw man arguments. No one is saying "it's not wrong" just because everyone is doing it. People are saying Mangini and others are HYPOCRITES because everyone is doing it. It's CLEARLY wrong, I don't think we're denying it. It's black and white AGAINST THE RULES.

I've said that on a couple of threads - fight fire with fire. If we just take it then . . . we're just taking it. Maybe we're the only ones doing this exact thing but we aren't the only ones doing some form of sign stealing.

The Patriots have been accused of this before, this just happens to be the first time there is physical eveidence to prove it.

The Patriots were THE TEAM that received a warning from the NFL office before the season began. Clearly they ignored the warning and decided to cheat anyways.
This is one reason Goodell is going to come down hard. You were warned.

A blatant disregard for the rules and an embarassment to the game.

Last edited:
we can't take this lying down. This is total *********. It is happening all over the league. Everyone is going to be coming after them as far back as 2001 with questions of their legitimacy.

We have to fight and fight....it's really that simple

I agree-it wouldn't surprise me if alot of teams are doing it too. If anything-it wouldn't surprise me of Goodell ended up sweeping this matter under the rug.

Look at that ref in the NBA who bet on his own games-David Stern tried to keep it under wraps for awhile-and to this day, there just seems to be alot of unanswered questions of whether or not many other refs are doing it.

Is this an elementary school message board? Get caught then look where you can point your finger to deflect attention?
Forget the "mods" where are the Pats fans over the age of 14 on this board?

Lame.

Bottom line is it is happening everywhere. What is the alternative Dire, lay down like a ****y and take a beating from the league and other teams that are, to a large degree, guilty of doing **** like this themselves? You have to fight for yourself and make your case.

I say they do lose a pick, a late one, fourth or fifth round, and a fine (not big). The Patriots would accept this PROVIDING that in the statement of the league, something is mentioned that NE is not the only one doing this kind of crap (I am not refering primarily to videotaping although that may apply, I am refering to stealing signals).

This is what I think. Don't be so nieve dire as to think in a league with billions and billions of dollars at stake, everyone team is squeaky clean.

Silly boy.

This whole fiasco is just stupid. They take polaroids of the formations several times during every play and that is OK but videotaping a guy sending in signals is not? WTF is the difference?

Whether you videotape them or not, signals can still be stolen just by visually looking at the coach. Are they going to tell teams to look away now so they don't accidentally steal signals?

Every team has the same opportunity to do these things so its all fair. Anything that opposing teams can see whether through the naked eye or a lens is fair game. What's next will the NFL will tell lineman they can't look at opposing lineman's knuckles because it might hint at what they they are doing?

This is all just a waste of time and of course the media is beating it into the ground because that is all they do.

This whole fiasco is just stupid. .....

This is all just a waste of time and of course the media is beating it into the ground because that is all they do.

Agree with you on most of your other points but not the last one. Guess you are not convinced that the Pats name and achievements have been smeared - whether or not forever is difficult to estimate at this point.

Unless we (our PR dept or BB in person I guess) steps up and explains things, we are unfortunately going to be looked at with tainted eyes. I don't care about whether the other teams did it or not because none of them achieved anything great. We created records, are in the process of setting up such a great run/dynasty and so it will be tragic if everything is now going to viewed with a *.

But who knows, maybe the storm will blow over and things will be back to normal by Saturday. But considering that a good % of the other teams/fans/media despise us, I doubt whether this will die a natural death.

I am buckling myself tight for a rough few days.

GO PATS!!

My crazy theory BB meets with Goodell and all the sudden this thing disappears because while bb was filming signals he was alsing filming the other team filming him and he has this on 31 other teams prombting goodell to bury this thing.

Edit: this is a joke and I am pissed about this crap and the rodney thing but what the hell, I wasn't niave enough to think this team was as squeaky clean as it appeared, now its just fact they are not.

You might have posted this as a joke, but I actually was thinking about this before. We all know BB is not stupid. I wonder if he has film on other teams doing the same things to the Patriots. He gets called to New York and shows the other teams doing this. Would be interesting to see what happens then.

I am also wondering if this will all lead to a defensive player getting a microphone as well. Not sure what 2 teams voted against it but I am willing to bet it wasn't the Patriots.

Could be BB was looking for motivation for the team this year as well. "They think you are cheaters! Go out there and prove everybody wrong." (Ok that part was a joke although I could see BB using this as a side effect of this mess.)

I am very interested to see what comes out of all this. Going on past history I just can't see BB making a mistake like this unless their is some other motive for doing it. Call me a homer if you want, but I will support this team until we all know for sure what is happening here and see what the outcome is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft