Welcome to PatsFans.com

NE better than Colts?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by maryjane, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maryjane

maryjane Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Colts looked mediocre in Green Bay. I think the Pats will beat them in the playoffs especially with home field advantage.

Realistically, are there any AFC teams better than NE? Several are on par, maybe, (due to Brady being out), but I can't think of any clearly better.
  2. PatriotDynasty_12

PatriotDynasty_12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Have a little to much maryjane today?

Don't jump the gun just yet. We'll be fighting for a playoff spot all year. And most likely be playing catch-up with the Bills.
  3. TheComeback

TheComeback Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I can think of at least three that are significantly better than us. The Titans, Steelers, and Bills, in that order, have all played well this year.

The Bills might be for real after defeating a "real" team in the Chargers. The Steelers haven't played anyone other than the Eagles and Baltimore, but their record speaks for itself. I don't know if I need to add anything for the Titans; their defense is wicked, they have two superb runningbacks, and most of all, they've yet to lose.

Keep in mind that other than the Jets, Chargers, and possibly the Dolphins, the Pats haven't played anyone "real" either.

I'm still optimistic about this team, but it seems clear that we need to play better than we did on Sunday if we want to win the division, or perhaps more difficult, the wild card.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  4. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 5 / -3

Right now there are teams in the AFC that are better than the Patriots. Indy isn't one of them. But the Titans, Bills, and Steelers clearly are until proven otherwise.

I still think the entire NFL is wide open right now. I think the Patriots still have a fighting chance at 3-2. They need to correct a lot of problems, but that isn't impossible.
  5. drew4008

drew4008 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Colts certainly laid a turd tonight... what a terrible performance.
  6. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

who said the colts are gonna make the playoffs?

it's like the red sox saying the yankees don't look too good in august
  7. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

they need offense and a pass rush
  8. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

Ignore the TROLL
  9. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I agree..there are only those 3 that are at this point CLEARLY better...but that can change quite quickly..ALl in all..the AFC is really a lot worse as a whole than in many years..teh NFC has the upper hand..MUCH BETTER..and it's been a LONG TIME since that has been the case.. The Pats do need to correct things..but it's early and doable..
  10. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Count me as saying the Colts do not make the playoffs. Next week they play the Titans at home and I don't see the Colts winning. The Colts were lucky they won last week and got a gift against the Vikings.
    Meanwhile, I think the Bills will take the East. I was watching that Charger game and kept asking myself WTF were the announcers calling this a trap game for the Chargers. To begin with, I'm not sure the Chargers are the better team and certainly not that dominant to call it a trap. Its early in the schedule but this next week will be very telling as far as the playoff picture is concerned. If the Pats beat Denver I'd have to give them the nod over Indy.
  11. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Before we're talking Pats/Colts playoffs, maybe we should be talking Pats/Colts in a few weeks.
  12. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +108 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Colts should be 2-4 and could be 1-5. That is amazing.
  13. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 19 / -2

We're not as good as the Titans, Steelers and the Bills at the moment. BTW, are we better than San Diego and Denver?

In the end, if we are indeed better than the colts, we could be a wild card and make the playoffs along with the teams listed above, or with another team instead of San Diego which is likely to end the season as the best team not to make the playoffs.
  14. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

Since the Colts DO draft well, I for one am glad they're not 2-4 or worse
  15. Sivy

Sivy Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

a thought "real" teams where teams with winning records? The bills have played what, one team with a winning record and they got stomped. 6-10, im telling you, the bills will melt down.
  16. drew4008

drew4008 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Standings-wise or a better team? We're definitely better than the lowly Bills. That team stinks as much as their city.
  17. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Your in denial. The Bills went down to Jacksonville and beat a very good team. Today they kicked the Chargers asss. Doesn't matter if you don't like the city, they are a very good team and will take the east. Last year they weren't bad, just had a number of injuries. Wish we were better, but we are not.
  18. #56300ex

#56300ex Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My best Jim Mora imitation

"PLAYOFFS???!!!!,,,, PLAYOFFS?????!!!!...... DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!
  19. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +217 / 22 / -10

#18 Jersey

Yeah the Bills suck. Oh wait today they beat the team that kicked the crap out of the Patriots last week.

Logic, people.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  20. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +52 / 1 / -4

Their offensive line is not performing so well. Kind of expected really. But they still have Peyton Manning and we don't have Brady, so advantage Colts. Colts will have a tough time beating out the hot Titans in the AFC South, so we might have to compete with them for a Wildcard spot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.