PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE@ARI: The Surprise Factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprisingly strong running game (granted we can actually block)...

I'm thinking anywhere between 140-170 rushing yards. Remember AZ spends more time in dime defense than any other team in the league. Also, what are all these TE's, OL & Fullback types for??? Running the damn ball. BB is 10 steps ahead of these dudes in regards to how the game is ever-changing. He sees that the league is/ has shifted towards a nickel-dime heavy scheme, which results in lighter defenders; thus we go 22/23 personnel & run it down their throats.

Also, the last 10 games of the 2015 season — including the playoffs — the Cardinals allowed 100 or more yards rushing five times, and in a sixth game, they allowed 99 yards on the ground. In their last three games (one regular-season contest and two playoff games), Arizona allowed an average of 144 rushing yards per game, including 152 yards on the ground in the NFC title game against the Panthers.

The O-line comes up HUGE.......... key to the game being competitive. (I'm talking to you Marcus)

The "surprise" will be Chandler Jones absolutely destroying the Patriots offense and will be a big reason why NE loses this game.
Lol. Keep the day job, chuckles.

My gut feeling is that BB will play ball control on offense. Run the ball and keep the cardinals offense on the bench.

its gonna be Blount cause were just gonna run it down their throats

Know I am double dipping, but it is a variation on the theme.

I think the surprise will be that the Patriots will pass a lot. This is still the NEP and the NFL is still geared to be a passing league. Josh and Bill have had over a year to plan for this. They will use a lot of scheme to make the Cardinals commit. With the hurry up offence with no substitutions (but not at breakneck speed) will allow them to use scheme by shifting formations getting the defense to commit will make things easier for Jimmy G to control. The 3 tight end/ 2 back formation even if Gronk is mostly limited to block and shallow routes will allow for this. I think Bennett, Harbor and Derby can execute this even if Gronk is out.

From the carryover from last year and what I saw this preseason I don't see us running too much. Unless you call short passes to the favorable receivers run plays.

I definitely think it will not be vanilla on offence.

JG is ineffective and NE down 17-3 at half time. Jacoby comes in with 5 min left in Q3 and NE wins 24-21 behind him.

My gut feeling is that BB will play ball control on offense. Run the ball and keep the cardinals offense on the bench.

he's going to play ball control on defense, too.......this defense will be able to assert physicality against any offense in the NFL.......yes, the Panthers, too.......exceptional size/speed combo

Palmer is going to get jacked up

DJ foster will have more all purpose yards than any other RB...including the AZ backs.

I do look forward to seeing that over and over again. (in regards to Palmer quote, but the Foster one I look forward to as well-think he could be very Lewis like)

Maybe an end of game shot of Jones looking forlornly across the field. He is always welcome to play the Branch, Chung, Blount card and come back.

Gronk might not be able to go... Hearing reports his hamstring is an issue.

That's....sigh.

I'm getting a bit frustrated with day to day Gronk.

As much as that sucks, it's better to get it right. Hamstrings can linger if rushed.

As much as that sucks, it's better to get it right. Hamstrings can linger if rushed.

Hammies are usually conditioning related. I question his condition with all of his "nagging" injuries.

Hammies are usually conditioning related. I question his condition with all of his "nagging" injuries.

Maybe Gronk needs more avocado ice cream and less Jaeger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents