PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Name 1 player that you would trade UP to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah exactly, and he plays great on the line as well. I'm a big believer in having two heady and versatile linebackers on the outside. Everything about him screams 'Belichick type', his technique is pretty, he rushes like a vet, and his athleticism is underrated. He's rapidly approaching binky status for me.

Ya he's been my binky for a while. I can see him setting the edge, rushing the passer, holding his gap, splitting a gap......I think his floor is Ted Johnson before the injuries and his upside is a more athletic version of Vrable which is pretty special.

I don't think a top 15-20 pick is allowed to qualify as a binky.

Ya he's been my binky for a while.

I can see him setting the edge, rushing the passer, holding his gap, splitting a gap...

And all on the same play!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

This year i haven't payed any attention to this years draft class as far as quality goes, but i get the impression that its not nearly as good as last years. Is that correct?

Ah!! Great Question...A "Make You Think" Question...

I suspect there is always Value in the Mid + Late Rounds and beyond...

So I will confine my answers to the top 2 or 3 Rounds...

One (Handsome) Man's Answer

QB ~ Last year's was vastly overrated, in my view, but this year is BARREN.

OC ~ Par. Both years are pretty dry, in my opinion.
OG ~ This year's Class is OBSCENELY deep.
OT ~ This year's class is obscenely WEAK.

XE ~ Weaker. Kyle Rudolph easily trumps Dwayne Allen.
WB ~ Clearly weaker. Last year had far greater depth at Wing Back.

WR ~ Far weaker. There is no one in this class to match Jones + Green.

RB ~ Par. Richardson is the best in YEARS, but last year's Depth was AMAZING.

DT ~ Par.
DE ~ FAR Weaker. Light YEARS weaker.

DF ~ Par.
MF ~ Heh!! Obviously, this year CRUSHES it, even without Teo.

SS ~ Stronger, of course: Mark Barron doesn't get hurt, and 2011 takes it.
FS ~ Par. Equally rancid.
CB ~ Par.

Summary

With 2012 taking only O Guard, Mid Fielder, and Strong Safety ~ in my opinion ~ and 2011 taking Quarter Back, Offensive Tackle, Flex End, Wing Back, Wide Receiver, AND Defensive End, that's pretty much the equivalent of an ANNIHILATING 42-9 victory for 2011, in my humble opinion!! :rofl:

That was fun...

Well i think going by Bb in the past if he was to trade up it would be for someone coming off a injury and has slipped in peoples mind but i would say Jared Crick. Hopefully it will be a Gronk type impact. That being said i dont think BB will trade up and i hope we get Crick with our 2nd first. DRAFT THE BEAST:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Moving up for Gronk was barely a move up. We did it because we knew Baltimore was taking him. Crick on the other hand, is worth maybe our 1st 2nd rounder but that's it. We had the chance last year to move up for a top 5 player who had an injury and fell far and we didn't. That is DaQuan Bowers.

If the Pats trade up...

...and obviously its a big if, who would you like them to move up to take? Would it be a realistic possibility? What do you think they would have to give up?

Re: If the Pats trade up...

I think where we are now we can get a good safety and an interior D-lineman with our existing first rounders.

I'd like a tall receiver with speed, so if we instead used a 1st for that and the other first for a safety, Michael Floyd (Notre Dame) and Rueben Randle (LSU) likely are in the 20-30 range so a very minor trade-up could be necessary, or one could slide down to where we are. Blackmon and Wright are top picks and would take too much to get, IMO.

Where we are drafting might actually match our needs with best players available pretty nicely. You don't need to trade up for safety, interior D line is deep, OLB/DE is thin and likely a 2nd round get as I see it.

Of course, lots will change w the combine.

This has been talked about a lot in the draft forum. The consensus is Brockers. We would probably have to give up both 1sts or at the minimum #27 and our 1st 2nd rounder to move into territory to get him.

It depends on who might slide, but in most instances the players I see projected that I would really want are going to go so early that it wouldn't be worth it given what the Patriots could offer. Their starting point is so late in the first round (27, 31) that it makes it almost impossible to move up an appreciable amount. Besides that, it's not as if they are one player away; the Pats have multiple areas in need of long term upgrades; trading up means losing one or two of those scarce early available draft picks.

Give up the first 4 picks to move up for Andrew Luck .... Brady is obviously done :cool:

I know this isn't the point of the exercise, but I'm not sure I want to see them trade up. It looks like there are a lot of interesting players in the 25-40 range, and a sure-thing type -- like Justin Blackmon, for instance -- would cost so much we couldn't even get there with a Julio Jones-type deal.

We have cap space this year and our #1 need is speed and explosiveness on the defensive front and the offensive edge. That's something we can address with quantity as much as quality. Would you rather have Justin Blackmon, or Fletcher Cox, Joe Adams, and Vinny Curry? Because that's probably what the deal would look like.

I'd like to see them spend their FA money on one impact guy and then use the draft to upgrade the team's overall physical talent.

We have cap space this year and our #1 need is speed and explosiveness on the defensive front and the offensive edge. That's something we can address with quantity as much as quality. Would you rather have Justin Blackmon, or Fletcher Cox, Joe Adams, and Vinny Curry? Because that's probably what the deal would look like.

Last time I looked, Mel Diaper Jr. had Curry ranked #25 on his big board,which is a round higher than most other draftniks.

But in summary, unless I am trading up for Brockers; I would rather USE the draft picks on defensive playmakers and sign second tier FA's or first tier FA's that want to sign cheap to have a chance to win.

One more proof how idiots the so called "experts" are. If he's so stiff, how come he has such an explosive first step, how come he managed to get all those sacks and forced fumbles and quarterback hurries? BS.
If he was stiff, OLs would have absolutely no problem handling him. Let alone very stiff. LOL. What idiots the so called "experts" are. I'm amazed. And you joined them in dissing him. Ha.

If Bequette is stiff, Cam Johnson is surely a statue, and no way a better fit with the Pats then him. 10 sacks and 5 FF in 10 games, but he's "very stiff". HAHAHA. How the F did he manage all those FF, if he's so stiff? Did the QBs just allow him to strip the ball, did the OLs just allow him to run all over them or around them? My god. Cam Johnson must be extremely mobile with his 4 sacks in 12

Fact is, Bequette has the potential, size and strenth to become another Jared Allen. Jared Allen too, a collegiate sacking machine, was overlooked for 3 rounds by every team, and taken in the 4th round. Probably he too was very stiff, and the Pats didnt need him, there must have been better fits all over that draft board.

I don't have an informed opinion of him one way or the other, but you can be a pash rushing demon and stiff in coverage. Just because you can run explosively and powerfully forward doesn't mean you can backpedal and turn to adjust to a tight end or a running back running a route.

Trent Richardson, Brady with a real running game would be scary

Fletcher Cox for a minor trade up to the 20th pick or so.

Vontaze Burfict. I have no idea why people arent talking about this kid. He was an absolute freak in college and plays with a mean streak that could really set the tempo on the defensive side of the ball. This kid can also get after the quarterback, which would greatly help us out

not a draft-nic, but I'll say Courtney Upshaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back