PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Name 1 player that you would trade UP to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melvin Ingram...Honestly depending on how the draft goes and who falls down the board, there could be a lot of people I'd trade up for...Kirkpatrick...Barron....

Def not Alshon Jeffery.

WR Alshon Jeffery, #SouthCarolina is training at St Vincents here in Indy. Sources say he’s weighing 249lbs + running a 4.88 Forty #NFLDraft

Teams that would have signed Alshon will simply sign Sanu instead.

I think Jeffrey was already long gone from the first round. The question now is whether he sticks in the second.

If floyd get past chicago and into the 20's I would love a move up to grab him.

I want Harrison Smith. I'd trade up a few spots in the 2nd to grab him.

Brockers and that's it. There's only three other players this year in the top part of the draft that do anything for me and they'll all be well within slight move striking range. Hightower and the two slot corners. I also happen to think that Hightower will be a much better player than Upshaw for what the Patriots do...he could be a star here.

Last edited:
Brockers and that's it. There's only three other players this year in the top part of the draft that do anything for me and they'll all be well within slight move striking range. Hightower and the two slot corners. I also happen to think that Hightower will be a much better player than Upshaw for what the Patriots do...he could be a star here.
This year i haven't payed any attention to this years draft class as far as quality goes, but i get the impression that its not nearly as good as last years. Is that correct?

Last edited:
This year i haven't payed any attention to this years draft class as far as quality goes, but i get the impression that its not nearly as good as last years. Is that correct?

I really don't know, I'm just starting the meat of my draft research. Everything I've done thus far has been cursory at best. Others on here would be far more equipped to answer that, but in my currently poor opinion yeah, I feel that way as well.

I also happen to think that Hightower will be a much better player than Upshaw for what the Patriots do...he could be a star here.

I totally agree and believe he would have the smarts, instincts and physicality to play inside or out for us. This could be a great weapon where he and Mayo are lined up together and one is coming and one is dropping but who is who? Maybe they both come or drop on occasions....great scheme flexibility.

I totally agree and believe he would have the smarts, instincts and physicality to play inside or out for us. This could be a great weapon where he and Mayo are lined up together and one is coming and one is dropping but who is who? Maybe they both come or drop on occasions....great scheme flexibility.

Yeah exactly, and he plays great on the line as well. I'm a big believer in having two heady and versatile linebackers on the outside. Everything about him screams 'Belichick type', his technique is pretty, he rushes like a vet, and his athleticism is underrated. He's rapidly approaching binky status for me.

Last edited:

I feel like the top of the draft isn't as good as last years but where we're picking is about the same until midway through the 2nd round.

Yeah exactly, and he plays great on the line as well. I'm a big believer in having two heady and versatile linebackers on the outside. Everything about him screams 'Belichick type', his technique is pretty, he rushes like a vet, and his athleticism is underrated. He's rapidly approaching binky status for me.

I'd love to have Hightower but I really doubt he makes it past Pittsburgh. Larry Foote and James Farrior are old and he will be their replacement. With his versatility he can probably even replace Harrison as he starts to sail off into the horizon. If Jason Worilds develops for them that LB corp is going to be a nightmare. An LB corps of Worilds-Timmons-Hightower-Woodley is just ridiculous.

I'd love to have Hightower but I really doubt he makes it past Pittsburgh. Larry Foote and James Farrior are old and he will be their replacement. With his versatility he can probably even replace Harrison as he starts to sail off into the horizon. If Jason Worilds develops for them that LB corp is going to be a nightmare. An LB corps of Worilds-Timmons-Hightower-Woodley is just ridiculous.

They're pretty desperate on the O/line. If Glenn, Adams or even Konz falls to them, hopefully that'll be enough to persuade them to let Hightower slip to us.

If you are in the market for a WR or a CB then it's a very nice draft. I'd say that it's good in the top 7 or so, plateaus in the middle to late of the first but then has really good depth late first early second. Also some nice depth in the third/fourth/ fifth rounds.

They're pretty desperate on the O/line. If Glenn, Adams or even Konz falls to them, hopefully that'll be enough to persuade them to let Hightower slip to us.

Steelers already have Pouncey at center so I doubt they go after Konz. They also don't seem to give a crap who plays Guard for them. Hopefully Adams slips to them which is quite possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back