PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Superbowl Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I won tickets months ago, when the pats didn't make it i still went with my Dad.
I was rooting for the Bears b/c i hate the colts more than anything.
A few things about the game.

1. It was raining much harder than they made it out to be. Everything on everyone was soaked. We had merchandise double bagged with prorgams in a bag in the double bag and it still managed to get a little wet but they are fine. It was damn cold too.

2. Rex Grossman is the worst quarterback to ever play in the superbowl. Watching from the stands you see how much worse he is than from watching tv. For example, the 3rd down play where they were in colts territory and he was scrambling, and then threw an incomplete. From the stands it was obvious he had a first down and possible td. He also just lofted up several passes and should have easily had 2 more interceptions. He fumbled 3 snaps. 2 recovered by the colts. The 3rd was fumbled backwards 8 yards and he dove on the ball on 2nd and 2. This guy just plain sucks.

3. I feel bad for the Bears fans. Sitting through this to lose the game B/c of Lovie Smith's arrogance and Grossman's ****ty QB play.

4. The Devin Hester opening kickoff return TD was one of the coolest things ive ever seen. Everyone went crazy.

5. The Colts hold on every single play and not a single one was called.

6. Addai should have been MVP.

7. Miami sucks. No traffic control after the game, buses cutting off cars, 400 near-accidents, and worst of all:
THE MIAMI TURNPIKE HAD A ONE LANE TOLL CHARGING EVERY CAR GOING NORTH ON THE TURNPIKE 75 CENTS. CHEAP SONS OF *****ES. It took us and hour and a half to go .2 miles when we left the game early.

8. They sold some nice jerseys at the pro shop including 2 (only 2!?) silver pats jerseys Bruschi and Brady. So i finally have a silver one now.

9. 10 dollar beers sucks.

10. Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are 2 of the worst coaches i have ever seen. Both at one point in the game wasted 1 challenge each on complete b.s.
Dungy challenged that there were 11 Bears on the field on defense (What the ****?)
Lovie Smith challenged that the guy who picked off grossman for a td stepped out of bounds when he didn't.
MORONS.

11. We sat in the Colts section and I could help but hate the 2 guys sitting in front of use in Colts jerseys that kept saying "hey it's a close game, i don't even care who wins". YEAH REAL FAN. what a pansy. Give your 2 tickets to Colts fans who actually want the colts to win. I can't stand bandwagon fans or people who don't really care but pretend to.

12. I am convinced that this game was God getting back at me. I win superbowl tickets and we have to see the 2 teams we hate more than anything. Its raining, freezing cold, the colts win, we are sitting in the furthest possible seat from where we parked, Lovie and Dungy keep challenging godamn plays that either aren't challengable or never happend just to stop the clock and make us more miserable.

It was a nice experience though. And i told myself i might try and make things better between myself and the Chicago Bears if they win but that's gone now. **** them. The one time i need them to win they play like dogcrap. I'll have them forever now, just like the colts.

Hey, we all told you to sell the tix didn't we?

Thanks for sharing that perspective though - I don't know if I would have gone if they had paid me for that SB... though I understand you wanted to be there in case the Colts lost.

If that had happened you might have had a different perspective entirely!

Why on earth didn't you sell those tickets? You could have made THOUSANDS!!!

Why on earth didn't you sell those tickets? You could have made THOUSANDS!!!

well my dad has always wanted to go to a superbowl.

and him and my mother and his company had already been in florida for their business meeting thing and that was planned way before they won tickets.

now on our way to the game we decided that if someone offered us a lot for the tickets we'd sell them (slim chance of that happening) , but we went.

im glad i went but i wish it was different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe