PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My gut prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if they pass to set up the run why would Sanders be in the box?

You see the idea of the pass, ah nevermind.

The Patriots will take whatever's there. If Sanders is playing back then passing to set up the run is pointless. Your assuming Sanders will be where?

While I really really really really love what our offense is doing, how many times have WE been on the flip side of this type of game? How many times have the high flying colts (who never punt!) came into foxboro during the playoffs and loose? How much did we hear about the "fastest show on turf", only to shut them up quickly too. We must not forget that we were on the other side of this story before and we all know too well how those games against "unstoppable" offenses ended up...

Those colts hadn't faced a defense like ours. And THESE colts haven't faced an offense like ours. Just watch, you'll see.

So you are predicting that if their D outplays our O, and their O outplays our D, we could be in trouble?

Daring prediction! :D
I don't think I said that, no.

I don't think the Colts LB's and DB's have a chance this game. Well, they do if their front 4 gets the better of our OL. Then they might be able to create a turnover or two.

I think our D can hold the Colts offense to few enough big plays that, if our 5 OL keeps the Colts front 4 in check, we will probably win this game by 2 TD's.

Two keys for the Pats to win this going away is to control the Colts DL with just our 5 OL AND to minimize the big plays that result in easy TD's. If we regularly need to keep a TE or two into block AND Manning hits us a couple times with big play TD's this will be a tightly contested game.

I think with ALL the hype... if things go terribly wrong next Sunday for New England and Moss isn't involved in a bad loss, things could unravel.

Just my two pennies. Nothing more to back it up on. Just a hunch.

Good LORD, Ryan. I've been a BIG fan of yours here over the years, but this is crap. You clearly haven't been paying attention. Moss has been NOTHING like this, and there is no reason whatsoever to think this could happen.

Come on, man, you're better than that. That is WEAK.

I agree with AJ's original post. I think the football world is going to watch in horror this Sunday as the last, best hope of mankind is obliterated by the Belichick machine. :)

Good LORD, Ryan. I've been a BIG fan of yours here over the years, but this is crap. You clearly haven't been paying attention. Moss has been NOTHING like this, and there is no reason whatsoever to think this could happen.

Come on, man, you're better than that. That is WEAK.

I'm a Moss fan. I'm addicted to BB. I like the Patriots and their fans. But it would not surprise me if it did happen.

Sorry for having a different opinion.

I'm a Moss fan. I'm addicted to BB. I like the Patriots and their fans. But it would not surprise me if it did happen.

I have no problem with you having a "different" opinion. I have a problem with you having a BASELESS one.

See, if you could actually give a viable reason then you wouldn't look like a kook.

See, if you could actually give a viable reason then you wouldn't look like a kook.

Walking off the field as a Viking.

Almost never giving 100% as a Raider.

Because he's been MORE then a model citizen in New England... you mean to tell me, there is NO chance he pulls something childish on Sunday?

Keep the faith. The Pats offense is a juggernaut in 2007. That goes from the QB, to the RBs, to the WRs, and most importantly to the offensive line. Pats will score at least 35 points and likely over 40 points. This game could develop into a shootout, but I don't expect the Pats to be on the short end of the stick in one of those.

While I really really really really love what our offense is doing, how many times have WE been on the flip side of this type of game? How many times have the high flying colts (who never punt!) came into foxboro during the playoffs and loose? How much did we hear about the "fastest show on turf", only to shut them up quickly too. We must not forget that we were on the other side of this story before and we all know too well how those games against "unstoppable" offenses ended up...

I wasn't a big fan of the Moss signing and really didn't care if he ended up getting cut in TC. But now that I've been to 2 games in person and seen him be the 1st guy to congratulate other players when they score TD's, seen him block on run plays and run each play out, etc., for whatever the reason, he isn't what he was in Oakland last year. And I live 30 miles from Oakland and read all about his standing at the LOS when he knew it was a run or pass to another player and all kinds of other things the previous 2 years. If the Colts shut him out, by double or triple coverage or whatever he'll be fine when others get the catches/scores. I won't predict what'll hapen in other years from now, but he's drunk the koolaid for this one.

Walking off the field as a Viking.

Almost never giving 100% as a Raider.

Because he's been MORE then a model citizen in New England... you mean to tell me, there is NO chance he pulls something childish on Sunday?

Yes. I am telling you there is absolutely no chance. He respects Brady too much.

I predict a Pats win - other than that I see way too many variables

The Colts are the first offense that can conceivably keep up with the Patriots...

That means that there is a chance, no matter how slight, that the Patriots could find themselves playing from behind

They've not had to do that all season - and that presents various difficulties to state the obvious... one runs a different gameplan when they are up by 14 (or 41!) compared to being down by 2 touchdowns - and as odd as it may sound, it concerns me that the Pats have no experience in that realm this season.

Sometimes people who seem like kooks are actually right.

Obviously you didn't watched FLUBBER. See, when the movie started, anyone thinking that Flubber was real would be thought of as a kook. But by the middle of the movie, you can see that the people with the ridiculous opinion the Flubber was real were actually right.

Think of Ryan as FlubbertheColtsFan, and give him the respect that he deserves.

Oh, I see you did. Never mind...

Well, six more days and it will all be history.

I see this game as the first of many downfalls of Randy Moss.

No way!

Those little men you have in your secondary will not win the fight for the ball when TB tosses the pigskin to Randy.
I see plenty of pass interference calls in this game. This time payback will be a double-edged sword for Polian and Dungy's whining to the league a few yrs back for our aggressive secondary coverage.

FU

Ive been waiting for this game since the schedule came out

I see a reversal of fortunes. In the past it was all about keeping Manning off the field and Brady having to make major completions in order to keep up. I always hated to see the Patriots win the toss as Manning might score at the end of the half and get the second half kickoff. In last years playoff game when the Pats had a huge lead I didn't think it was big enough.
Now, I see Brady and company scoring just as they have all year. Anyone who states Moss will be stopped kind of sounds like that Dallas troll (anyone ever hear from him again). Manning will have to keep up with Brady. Our defense will occasionally stop him (and Indy will fall behind each time that happens). I am not at all concerned with who gets the ball first. And lastly, make no mistake about this (check Dungy's comments on cameragate),we will score a lot of points. This is the game where the all time Patriots record for points in a game may fall.

Please be right please be right please be right please be right

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes