PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My gut prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think another key to the game, other than what has been mentioned, is to keep Manning off the field, because if we score quickly then it will end up being a shoot out. So running the ball to take time off the clock will be crucial to keeping him off the field. This is one of the ways that we have beat the Colts in the past.

Yep.

Everyone has opinions. I mean... I doubt anyone but the people on this message board will be predicting 938383-0 blowouts.

is this the week you become a big cranky head around here?

Indy has every right to claim being a top team. But this...this juggernaut...I've never seen anything like it since the 49ers...

I promise to do the same--but don't take it too hard if this game ends up looking like the Dallas game--Patriots in the 40s, Colts in the 20s.

is this the week you become a big cranky head around here?

Indy has every right to claim being a top team. But this...this juggernaut...I've never seen anything like it since the 49ers...

I promise to do the same--but don't take it too hard if this game ends up looking like the Dallas game--Patriots in the 40s, Colts in the 20s.

Just because I have faith in my team... doesn't mean im cranky.

I see this game as the first of many downfalls of Randy Moss.

um..uh...Moss only caught three passes yesterday for a total of 47 yards and 1 TD...we dismantled the Skins anyway...

I see a reversal of fortunes. In the past it was all about keeping Manning off the field and Brady having to make major completions in order to keep up. I always hated to see the Patriots win the toss as Manning might score at the end of the half and get the second half kickoff. In last years playoff game when the Pats had a huge lead I didn't think it was big enough.
Now, I see Brady and company scoring just as they have all year. Anyone who states Moss will be stopped kind of sounds like that Dallas troll (anyone ever hear from him again). Manning will have to keep up with Brady. Our defense will occasionally stop him (and Indy will fall behind each time that happens). I am not at all concerned with who gets the ball first. And lastly, make no mistake about this (check Dungy's comments on cameragate),we will score a lot of points. This is the game where the all time Patriots record for points in a game may fall.

I see this game as the first of many downfalls of Randy Moss.

I see it as the game in which Peyton Manning announces his retirement while doing a fake audible at the line.

I think my prediction is just as likely as yours.

But this week we will blitz more than ever against Manning (which isn't usually a lot to begin with) and will create turnovers from it.

I hope you're right. It would be nice to get back to the old days where we rattled Manning.

I am almost certain we will blow them out.

What really did it for me was when Dungy gave the Colts 2 consecutive days off. If his players actually sit for 2 days, they are done. BB and the Pats are working their asses off night and day to prepare for this game, and on top of that, this whole season has been preperation for this game.

We have an unstoppable offense. Pick your poison, but we will beat you with our many other weapons. WHEN we build a lead, we will put TONS of pressure on the Colts offense. In the second half the Colts wont have the opportunity to climb from the hole because our offense will move the ball with ease, and chew up the clock. And then our D will go on the field and dominate, and get the ball back to our O.

Now I don't think were going to shut down the Colts offense completely. But I don't think they will be able to score more than 24. And there is NO WAY the Pats don't put up at least 41.

And as I have stated in previous posts, the Colts have looked VERY flat in the first half of MANY of their games this season. If they aren't PERFECT to start the game, they will be in the hole very quickly.

Last edited:
I am almost certain we will blow them out.

What really did it for me was when Dungy gave the Colts 2 consecutive days off. If his players actually sit for 2 days, they are done. BB and the Pats are working their asses off night and day to prepare for this game, and on top of that, this whole season has been preperation for this game.

We have an unstoppable offense. Pick your poison, but we will beat you with our many other weapons. WHEN we build a lead, we will put TONS of pressure on the Colts offense. In the second half the Colts wont have the opportunity to climb from the hole because our offense will move the ball with ease, and chew up the clock. And then our D will go on the field and dominate, and get the ball back to our O.

Now I don't think were going to shut down the Colts offense completely. But I don't think they will be able to score more than 24. And there is NO WAY the Pats don't put up at least 41.

I think we beat them by at least a TD with last year's offense and this year's defense. With this year's defense and this year's offense, watch out.

I'm expecting a more lower score than most. I feel that both offenses are going to try to "out possession" each other by trying to keep the ball out of each other's hands. Im not saying that they will be able to stop each other, its just that a lot of time will be run down which will lead to fewer possessions which will lead to fewer points.

I feel that Pats can keep the Colts defense on the field longer. I predict a 34 - 24 score Pats!!!

Last edited:
I've been really amped up for this rematch since last year...but curiously, I suddenly find myself rather blase' about this whole passion play.

I think my bitter enmity and distaste for Colt fan has been tempered by the realization that they really endure a harsh reality...they live in a 3rd rate area of the country and have NO IDEA of what a World Championship...a MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP...feels like. By all accounts, looking down the road, they NEVER will either.

As I travel to Beantown tomorrow to attend the parade and watch Manny Ortiz from Lowell in the duckboats, I'm going to feel a little sad for our Indy pals. They can NEVER KNOW what this feeling is like.

I'm expecting a more lower score than most. I feel that both offenses are going to try to "out possession" each other by trying to keep the ball out of each other's hands. Im not saying that they will be able to stop each other, its just that a lot of time will be run down which will lead to fewer possesions which will lead to fewer points.

I think that will be the plan, but the Colts will start crowding the box taking the run away. Opening up the passing game and well we know what follows.

I've been really amped up for this rematch since last year...but curiously, I suddenly find myself rather blase' about this whole passion play.

I think my bitter enmity and distaste for Colt fan has been tempered by the realization that they really endure a harsh reality...they live in a 3rd rate area of the country and have NO IDEA of what a World Championship...a MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP...feels like. By all accounts, looking down the road, they NEVER will either.

As I travel to Beantown tomorrow to attend the parade and watch Manny Ortiz from Lowell in the duckboats, I'm going to feel a little sad for our Indy pals. They can NEVER KNOW what this feeling is like.

You never knew what what felt like for what 86 years? Same difference. Why does baseball even factor in to this discussion anyways?

I have compassion for your pain.

Look on the bright side...ar least you have a AAA team in Indy...you DO, don't you???..

While I really really really really love what our offense is doing, how many times have WE been on the flip side of this type of game? How many times have the high flying colts (who never punt!) came into foxboro during the playoffs and loose? How much did we hear about the "fastest show on turf", only to shut them up quickly too. We must not forget that we were on the other side of this story before and we all know too well how those games against "unstoppable" offenses ended up...

But our defense is just as good. Through half the season, it is allowing only 1 more point per game than the 2003 team that set a franchise record.
We aren't winning by 26 ppg only because of the offense. I dont think there is a game this year we would not have won if we only scored 27 points (2 TDs less than the offense is averaging).

I think with ALL the hype... if things go terribly wrong next Sunday for New England and Moss isn't involved in a bad loss, things could unravel.

Just my two pennies. Nothing more to back it up on. Just a hunch.

So the most prolific offense in history for half a season, with Moss catching 11 TD passes in half a season will fall apart because of one game?
Thats a worse answer than the previous one, which was nothing.

I think another key to the game, other than what has been mentioned, is to keep Manning off the field, because if we score quickly then it will end up being a shoot out. So running the ball to take time off the clock will be crucial to keeping him off the field. This is one of the ways that we have beat the Colts in the past.

I disagree.
I think we are in great shape in a shootout. We can stop them, they can't stop us.
Somehow this idea got created that Manning wins shootouts. That doesn't happen. He plays his best when he gets a lead and can coast. I think we need to run our offense, the way we've run it, and put pressure on Manning to keep up. That is when he is at his worst.

While I see it being fairly close, AJ is usually spot on. I think one key to the gam is going to be turn overs. Both teams have done very well in this regards. At some point, someones luck is going to run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back