PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moves I Think Should Still Be Made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhhh...welllll.....hmmmmm

Hey Einstein

Offenses that don't score and turn the ball over tend to not be that great.

Assuming literacy is available (yeah I know about "assuming"), you can look it up.

What do you actually "think" offenses should do?

Wallace is a good receiver, is a good deep threat, and is reasonable with the ball in his hands.

Stallworth provides that for millions upon millions left and a 1st rounder.

What exactly justifies Wallace at that price? He isn't the weapon Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker are. He isn't physical and isn't the route runner like Lloyd.

Again, what the **** are you talking about? I havent been defending Pitt's offense Einstein, I'm just disputing your claim that Wallace sucks/overrated because they didn't have a top offense.

Hilarious you're trying to say I'm illiterate when you make absolutely no sense.

1. You still havent explained your aunt and uncle comment and how it applies to anything I said.

2. You've seemed to think I've disputed how good Pitt's offense was, and now I'm and idiot for comments I never made.

3. What do I think offenses should do? What is this refering too?

My god, get help.

Michael Bush???

theres like no market for him so why not?

Michael Bush???

theres like no market for him so why not?

My initial thoughts would be 2 things:

1.The BJGE situation has not resolved itself yet

2.It would seem that the higher priority would be on the defensive side of the ball right now, as we are probably getting close to the cap

Roth and Atogwe would be nice if they can be had cheap.

Re-sign BJGE, Carter if cheap.

Anderson for the right price, but I wouldn't spend more than 3-4M a year for him, which is probably not going to be enough.

The rest I think can be addressed through the draft.

Roth and Atogwe would be nice if they can be had cheap.

Re-sign BJGE, Carter if cheap.

Anderson for the right price, but I wouldn't spend more than 3-4M a year for him, which is probably not going to be enough.

The rest I think can be addressed through the draft.

Actually, I think that 3-4 million would be enough to get it done. That may actually be too much for someone who by all accts will likely only be a situational pass rusher.

These things are hard to determine for the average fan. In my opinion I'd give him about 3 million per, maybe even 3.25.

Roth is always mentioned as a player here, but we've never seen much interest over the yrs.

Atogwe may be one of the better options available right now to fill the need, but I haven't seen enough of him to determine whether or not he could fit here.

Lots of things come to mind here, none of which can be elaborated upon unfortunately.

tumblr_m0l8blzGFB1qe2lu8o4_500.jpg

There are 4 things left to do before pitching our FA tents until AFTER the draft.....just 4.

1. Sign Mark Anderson

2. Sign Andre Carter (though I know its likely he'll be signed closer to TC)

3. Add another veteran FS prospect to compete

4 Release Sergio Brown

Do those 4 things and reset after the draft to see what your roster is looking like and how much cap space you have left. In fact, do those 4 things and I'd be willing to compete for a superbowl with that roster and think I have as good a shot as anyone.

I agree w/ all of the above, and would add these:

5) release OchoStinko as soon as it's most financially advantageous;
6) re-sign Branch, who likely will command little anywhere else;
7) sign a vet UFA CB, at the right price, maybe Tracy Porter, William Gay, Chris Carr, Willie Middleton,
Corey Graham or Zach Bowman);
8) re-sign the LawFirm - I'm sure the price can't be that high, and esp. if Bill now doesn't trust Ridley;
9) sign one more vet DE, maybe Luis Castillo, Derek Landri, Justin Bannon, Tyler Brayton or local dude
Tim Bulman.

Last edited:
Getting Anderson back is off the table as he's signed with the Bills. It also looks like lawfirm is going to Cincinnati.

Last edited:
I agree w/ all of the above, and would add these:

5) release OchoStinko as soon as it's most financially advantageous;
6) re-sign Branch, who likely will command little anywhere else;
7) sign a vet UFA CB, at the right price, maybe Tracy Porter, William Gay, Chris Carr, Willie Middleton,
Corey Graham or Zach Bowman);
8) re-sign the LawFirm - I'm sure the price can't be that high, and esp. if Bill now doesn't trust Ridley;
9) sign one more vet DE, maybe Luis Castillo, Derek Landri, Justin Bannon, Tyler Brayton or local dude
Tim Bulman.

Time to update the list:

If Will Allen signs here, then remove 7) from the list;
If the LawFirm signs w/ Cinci, then sign the only decent btwn-the Tackles RB left in the marketplace:
Michael Bush.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes