PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moves I Think Should Still Be Made

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that's all on Wallace? Lol, you kill me. Some on here cant imagine how we'd survive without Welker. GB and the Saints don't have a little white slot WR and have done well for themselves offensively. Our offense would obviously adapt if we got rid of him. I'm not anti Welker, I just don't want to give him big money for what he's done in the past. Not good business.

Still waiting on that substance part. I think you meant Wallace sucks because Pitt didn't have a top offense. Then again your post wasnt too coherent. The quotations doesnt emphasize your point either.

You are absolutely "anti-Welker" and you prove it every time you refer to him as a "midget white slot receiver" or a "little white slot guy..." I'm really not sure what Welker's race has to do with any of this but for some reason you are fixated on it and refer to it constantly.

First of all, Wallace isn't the dominate WR everyone is making him out to be. His stats in the second half of the season scare me...

Where are the 100 yard receiving games?

And the 20+ yards per catch games?

Three touchdowns after week Seven?

Back to the point...

Pats still NEED TO:

1. Lure/Sign Brian Waters back

2. Lure/Sign Matt Light back

3. Re-sign Mark Anderson

4. Sign Luis Castillo

5. Bring Gerard Warren into camp

6. Put an offer on the table for BJGE - if he signs after running around the country, great... if not, the Pats get the next guy.

7. Call the Eagles to see what the price is for Asante Samuel - they are considering releasing him and while the Patriots don't want that contract, they could kick the tires on a guy that grew up in this defense/team.

8. Manipulate the way through the draft and get future picks, while still drafting depth and talent.

I basically agree with most of this but Light and Waters are already under contract. Belcihick may have information we don't and sees a retirement coming but right now their OL is a huge strength.

If they can find a way to get Samuel back for less then I'm all for it but doubt Samuel would agree to it. As for the draft i would love to see them condense picks to move up for impact player's. I will be fascinated to see who is dropping into range and how much they will cost to go get. I would be fine with turning 4 picks into 2 but realize that's not their MO, just my wish. Overall I like the way this draft is shaping up for them and have a pretty long list of players i like for them.

There are 4 things left to do before pitching our FA tents until AFTER the draft.....just 4.

1. Sign Mark Anderson

2. Sign Andre Carter (though I know its likely he'll be signed closer to TC)

3. Add another veteran FS prospect to compete

4 Release Sergio Brown

Do those 4 things and reset after the draft to see what your roster is looking like and how much cap space you have left. In fact, do those 4 things and I'd be willing to compete for a superbowl with that roster and think I have as good a shot as anyone.

There are 4 things left to do before pitching our FA tents until AFTER the draft.....just 4.

1. Sign Mark Anderson

2. Sign Andre Carter (though I know its likely he'll be signed closer to TC)

3. Add another veteran FS prospect to compete

4 Release Sergio Brown

Do those 4 things and reset after the draft to see what your roster is looking like and how much cap space you have left. In fact, do those 4 things and I'd be willing to compete for a superbowl with that roster and think I have as good a shot as anyone.

I think Carter will get done but they will get outbid for Anderson. I agree on Brown and a FS but would add a RB, whether it be BJGE or someone else before the draft. I would love Tolbert but doubt they go there. There will be options at RB in the draft if they don't get anything else done. the draft appears to be all about defense right now, and that's not a bad thing.

Tolbert went to the Panthers. Also for those wanting Wimbley he went to the Titans for a 5 year 35 million dollar deal.

Would like to see BJGE back, although I see Ridley as primary back next year despite the late season fumble problems.

I agree with others that Anderson will get more money elsewhere and take it.

Other talent will become available up to and including the time of training camp

Carter and Warren are good vets - I hope they do not sign elsewhere and are part of the "shadow roster" to be called upon once the inevitable D-line injuries occur. Those two have been around long enough and are professional enough that they can succeed without training camp. Injuries will occur allong the D line.

I am probably one of the few people on this board who wouldn't mind them trading one (and only one) of the late first round picks for a second round this year and a first next year. I undertstand the argument for talent, but I believe adding two high picks for one, even if one is next year is a better long term strategy.

Last edited:
Tolbert went to the Panthers. Also for those wanting Wimbley he went to the Titans for a 5 year 35 million dollar deal.

That is wonderful news.

The Titans had CAP room and aftert losing out on the Peyton sweepstakes they said we need to improve our Pass Rush.

With Mark Anderson visiting them, I thought they would outbid us for Anderson's services. Now they have taken the more credentialed Kamerion Wembly as a Pass Rusher.

Welcome back home, Mark Anderson.

Tommie Harris has been an unmotivated, unproductive stiff for several years now. Why in God's name are there so many people here interested in him? He sucks!

^^
Because he's Tommie Harris...shrugs

-Jamman

You are absolutely "anti-Welker" and you prove it every time you refer to him as a "midget white slot receiver" or a "little white slot guy..." I'm really not sure what Welker's race has to do with any of this but for some reason you are fixated on it and refer to it constantly.

Pretty sure this might be the first time I've mentioned him being white. I know you cling to my every word so you would know.

Yeah and if your aunt had a......well,.....actually it would still probably be your aunt. Maybe that explains it.
Hey, Einstein, the Pats have different personnel than the Saints or Packers. All three teams don't have a Mike Wallace. So let's just sprew pointless.

This will probably fly WAY over your head but "elite" offenses tend to score and not turn the ball over. Ya might want to grasp that concept before "responding" that you don't understand.

How does that phrase apply to anything I said in my post? I swear you are just rambling now. Wallace sucks because the Steelers didn't have good offense in your mind. Apparently if my aunt had a **** she'd be my uncle? What?

Yeah, you're done.

How does that phrase apply to anything I said in my post? I swear you are just rambling now. Wallace sucks because the Steelers didn't have good offense in your mind. Apparently if my aunt had a **** she'd be my uncle? What?

Yeah, you're done.

How the fwck did this conversation devolve into some weird fetish where aunts have sex changes just so they can be uncles?

WTF?

-jamman

Yeah, you're done.

Uhhh...welllll.....hmmmmm

Hey Einstein

Offenses that don't score and turn the ball over tend to not be that great.

Assuming literacy is available (yeah I know about "assuming"), you can look it up.

What do you actually "think" offenses should do?

Wallace is a good receiver, is a good deep threat, and is reasonable with the ball in his hands.

Stallworth provides that for millions upon millions left and a 1st rounder.

What exactly justifies Wallace at that price? He isn't the weapon Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker are. He isn't physical and isn't the route runner like Lloyd.

Carter will be back later in the year. But Anderson has many potential suitors which most likely drives his price past the range the Patriots are comfortable with. Although Anderson started to add to his repertoire as a nickel pass rusher when Andre Carter went down for the season, he still is primarily a speed rusher and there are probably cheaper options such as Raheem Brock for that role whose services BB courted before Mark Anderson was signed last year.

Think we haven't done enough? Take heart, Pats Fans, at least we are not the Miami LOLPhins:

Miami Dolphins' Jeff Ireland asks for patience after fans protest offseason - ESPN

It seems to me the Pats have been one of the most, if not THE most active team out there in free agency. Even if you don't like all the moves (and let's face it, Donte Stallworth is one of those things that make you go, hmmmmm), we were in the Superbowl last year and we are not content to stand pat. God only knows what the heck Miami is doing. I don't blame their fans.

That would be horrible.

Wallace isn't happening, but Welker for 4 years at market or near market prices is a major mistake. Trade him and use the money to tie up Gronk long term - and snag a pick(s). Pats are loaded with slot types and shorter pattern guys. Only Stallworth and Lloyd hang out in deeper space.

Welker will soon be 31 and he's small and been hurt. WR's productivity does go down quickly in the 30's.

If nothing can be done take him at the price he is this year and consider what to do next year. As far as I recall the Pats met with him 3 times and this myth of Welker being reasonable is just that - a myth. 3 years x 7.5M OK, 4 x $11M - no thank you.

Last edited:
If they can find a way to get Samuel back for less then I'm all for it but doubt Samuel would agree to it. As for the draft i would love to see them condense picks to move up for impact player's. I will be fascinated to see who is dropping into range and how much they will cost to go get. I would be fine with turning 4 picks into 2 but realize that's not their MO, just my wish. Overall I like the way this draft is shaping up for them and have a pretty long list of players i like for them.

After two very good years, Samuel has way outlived his welcome in Philly, his contract is now an albatross, and they were desperate to move him last year. He burned all bridges here - about 3x over. No thanks.

Wallace isn't happening, but Welker for 4 years at market or near market prices is a major mistake. Trade him and use the money to tie up Gronk long term - and snag a pick(s). Pats are loaded with slot types and shorter pattern guys. Only Stallworth and Lloyd hang out in deeper space.

Welker will soon be 31 and he's small and been hurt. WR's productivity does go down quickly in the 30's.

If nothing can be done take him at the price he is this year and consider what to do next year. As far as I recall the Pats met with him 3 times and this myth of Welker being reasonable is just that - a myth. 3 years x 7.5M OK, 4 x $11M - no thank you.

Welker is small. Hard to argue that. Hurt? He missed 4 games in 8 years. Yikes. His knee has shown no signs of any lingering problems since his surgery. Donte Stallworth has hardly played in 4 years. We have no idea what we are going to get from him. Welker isn't getting a 4yr guaranteed contract. His leaving would leave an enormous hole in our receiving corps. Edelman is no Welker either. Anthony Gonzalez is probably slower than Nate Solder. Re-upping Welker is a no brainer. If we only get 2 years out of him. Oh well, we take a cap hit in 2014. Would be less than we paid ocho this year. 3YR 27M. 16M signing bonus. 2M 12, 4M 13, 5M in 2014. We save 2m this year under his tag number. Give that man a contract!

I'm sorry who are you again? If you made some worthwhile posts I might have remembered your name.

I'm sure you want the Pats to give Welker a massive contract for his past performace,not what he still can do. We have two late 1st round picks, Wallace is one of the best deep threats in the NFL, he would be worth the money, and is much younger than Welker.

Thanks for another post with substance! Welker fan boys need to think outside the box on how his departure could be a good thing. It's just an idea, let me here some of yours.

Bradys strength isnt the deepball, we all know his strength is the short to intermediate passes what Welker does better than anybody.

That is wonderful news.

The Titans had CAP room and aftert losing out on the Peyton sweepstakes they said we need to improve our Pass Rush.

With Mark Anderson visiting them, I thought they would outbid us for Anderson's services. Now they have taken the more credentialed Kamerion Wembly as a Pass Rusher.

Welcome back home, Mark Anderson.

I think that if Mark Anderson has been reading this board, he is sitting in Buffalo wondering who these teams are that are supposed to bidding heavily for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft