Most Talented WR duo to ever play for the Pats

• Moss/Welker

• Fryar/Morgan

• Ray Guy killed a Lewis

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bruins29

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
This was discussed several months ago. We need the GOAT football fan forum to sort it out once and for all. Have at it.

WW is the best receiver to play for the Patriots. Period

Welker and Moss? One of the, if not the best wr duos in NFL history, if but for a brief time.

Maybe if Morgan/Fryar played with a better qb, things would be different... but they didn't so its not.

Different eras

In Morgan's NFL you could lay the WRs and QBs out and not get called on it. The majority of QB did not pass for 4 - 5 K like Brady did repeatedly.

SD Chargers coached by Coryell with Dan Fouts as QB threw the ball alot for those days.

Morgan was older and Fryar was a rookie was good. Morgan played on some really bad Patriots teams. Doubled often, Grogan was his only hope. Now Grogan was a true 1 trick pony. He Love to throw deep whenever the play fell apart. I love Moss/Welker combo but as for being a (Patriot) its Morgan in my book. He stands next to Hannah i.m.o. as the old skool best combo to ever play for this team. Switch qb's and watch Morgan/Fryar, now your talking!!

Morgan’s numbers would be crazy in today’s health/safety conscious NFL, with an elite QB throwing him the ball. One of the most underrated receivers in NFL history. He is still my all-time favorite player.

The poll is not valid, unfortunately, given that 70+ percent of the posters here probably never saw more Morgan or Fryar play. Moss is clearly the best of the 4 guys but purely from a talent standpoint, the old-timers definitely have the edge. Fryar was incredibly talented but never fulfilled his potential, even though he went on to have a good career. He was a frustrating player to watch as a Pats fan. He would have moments of greatness then he would drop a crucial pass, and would cost and then the game. My dad was convinced that he threw some games on purpose. I thought that it was a silly conspiracy theory at the time but given Fryar’s post career incarceration issues, he may have been onto something.

Morgan would of been a better version of Antonio Brown without the drama in todays game. Guarantee he ran a 4.3 and had longetivity. Played for a team and era where the running game was king. Secondary could hold and molest you at the los, take your f’n head off over the middle. Btw, still holds the NFL record for ypc which is absolutely amazing considering when he played.

Despite all that, Moss and Welker were the best combo in Pats history. There’s no taking back the 23 TD season. Welker was the best slot receiver in history and both played with the GOAT. No doubt it is those two but just wow if Morgan started his career in 1998 with the Pats. I can’t believe he’s not in the hall of fame.

Morgan is still my all time favorite receiver.

Morgan is still my all time favorite receiver.
Mine too. Often wonder what kind of numbers he'd have put up in a better offense with a real pro bowl QB. Morgan played wide receiver for the Patriots from 1977 to 1989 and caught 534 career passes, a franchise record that stood for 17 years. He was fast for that era and had great hands. If the DB's tried to check him at the line, he'd be gone.

Moss and Welker were the best 1-2 punch the Pats have ever had. Don't get why this is even a question

Glenn/Jefferson was the first duo I started watching at 14 years old.

Branch/Givens was another fine pair.

But it’s Moss/Welker.

Moss and Welker were the best 1-2 punch the Pats have ever had. Don't get why this is even a question
A few months ago this discussion came up when someone claimed and another poster agreed that Fryar/Morgan were the most talented duo the pats ever had. It sparked a discussion

A few months ago this discussion came up when someone claimed and another poster agreed that Fryar/Morgan were the most talented duo the pats ever had. It sparked a discussion
heh...all I remember about Fryar is him slashing his hand almost off in a "kitchen accident". What did Parcells say about him??" a ball lost in the high grass...

heh...all I remember about Fryar is him slashing his hand almost off in a "kitchen accident". What did Parcells say about him??" a ball lost in the high grass...
Yeah. Then he crashed his car driving around the stadium

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back