PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

most talented quarterbacks (brady)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to talk BEST QB of all time than Brady's name is clearly in the top five and gaining.

If you want to talk biggest waste of natural ability and biggest welfare queen in NFL history, look no further than crybaby Vick.

If you want to talk about flashing talent in order to win games, Elway...

Rodgers was drafted in round 1.

i wonder how good a steve young would be in todays qb friendly era (or dan marino)

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this... but i will ask anyways.

In your honest opinion, who are the most talented quarterbacks of all time? Not the most successful, but the most talented (for example, jay cutler was considered the second coming of john elway).

Where does brady rank in this list?

Also, who are the most talented quarterbacks of the last 10 years.

#1 Slingin' Sammy Baugh #1A is Sid Luckman - Before them football's QB was one of four guys that might throw a pass like LT on the Chargers. I know of no other QBs that changed the game.

#3 (Use of 1A precludes a #2) Otto Graham - Guy lead the Cleveland Browns of the AAFC to 4 championships. The Browns were so dominant they killed that league. (Just FYI, in the NFL the Browns went to the next 6 NFL championships and won 3 of them, then he retired having gone to the championship every year of his career.)

#4 Bart Starr - least intercepted QB in the post season ever. Oh and his leaving the Packers left the guys who owned the '60s desolate until Favre.

#5 Y.A. Tittle - His 38 TDs was amazing considering a) it was 14 games b) you could hit the QB (See picture of him bleeding in end zone FROM HIS HEAD) c) you could essentially tackle the receiver if the pass was not in the air.

#6 Johnny Unitas - Although he benefited from Raymond Berry's inventing route running, give him credit for recognizing Berry's talent.

Notice something? No post 1978 when the 5-yard chuck rule was adopted. Theoretically some QB was awesome, but he will never be able to show it.

big ben is not >>> aaronr odgers or vick athletically...

No, he is not. Ben is a fullback and Vick is a RB good in space. Ben breaks tackles whereas Vick makes tacklers miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST