PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

most talented quarterbacks (brady)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tim tebow? doesnt his arm suck?

no, he has a strong arm, he just isn't smart enough to read defenses well

he can't get past his 1st read

dude is huge....benches more than any other qb in the nfl i'd bet

Brady acquired all of his skill and ability from very hard work, his ace is his attitude, competitiveness and mental focus. he'd probably be last on the list if you go by his scouting report or columbine. hard work prevails over talent.

2 talent categories
Football IQ
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Drew Brees

Athletic
1. Ben roethlesberger
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Michael Vick

not sure if that makes sense just playing around.

aaron Rodgers=flavor of the month
vick= 1 trick pony.

I can't help but notice that Peyton Manning doesn't seem to be making anyones list... I'm not a fan of his, but he certainly has a boatload of talent.

And don't forget Eli, after all he is in the same class as Brady, right? :rolleyes:

What has that got to do with my post?
All due respect it has absolutely nothing to do with you, there are other posters in this thread.

BTW Manchester United Forever!

All due respect it has absolutely nothing to do with you, there are other posters in this thread.

BTW Manchester United Forever!

I know that there are other posters, but you quoted my post, that is why I asked!

Seems I hit a nerve, sorry!

Brady acquired all of his skill and ability from very hard work, his ace is his attitude, competitiveness and mental focus. he'd probably be last on the list if you go by his scouting report or columbine. hard work prevails over talent.

2 talent categories
Football IQ
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Drew Brees

Athletic
1. Ben roethlesberger
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Michael Vick

not sure if that makes sense just playing around.

big ben is not >>> aaronr odgers or vick athletically...

I don't know, he's pretty quick on his feet when he's blocking co-eds from leaving the bathroom.

it's not the perfect list I was just putting thoughts down. I considered any QB who's physical prowess and stature are their best weapons to be athletic. Ben falls into that category, i have him on top because of has 2 SB rings and 3 SB appearences.

:cool:

Last edited:
If you're just talking physical attributes, then my list would be:

1.Vick
2. Randall Cunningham
3. Elway
4. Young

I'm sure I'm missing some guys, but the guys I listed are athletic enough to play other skill positions and they all have rocket arms. Young's arm maybe not as strong as those top three guys, but it was plenty strong and his athleticism was way above your average QB.

If you're just talking physical attributes, then my list would be:

1.Vick
2. Randall Cunningham
3. Elway
4. Young

I'm sure I'm missing some guys, but the guys I listed are athletic enough to play other skill positions and they all have rocket arms. Young's arm maybe not as strong as those top three guys, but it was plenty strong and his athleticism was way above your average QB.

where wud u put aaron rodgers in that list?

where wud u put aaron rodgers in that list?

are you a packers fan or something bro? lol

Rodgers is a stud man. This is his time to shine. We'll see where he ranks 8-10 years from now.

Right now, he's the second best QB in the league (IMO).

are you a packers fan or something bro? lol

Rodgers is a stud man. This is his time to shine. We'll see where he ranks 8-10 years from now.

Right now, he's the second best QB in the league (IMO).

nah im a patriots fan first. But i love the story behind rodgers (very similar to brady). Both got drafted low... rodgers was second fiddle to favre and now hes shining (plus i love his game). Brady and rodgers are like polar opposites and i love both of their games

nah im a patriots fan first. But i love the story behind rodgers (very similar to brady). Both got drafted low... rodgers was second fiddle to favre and now hes shining (plus i love his game). Brady and rodgers are like polar opposites and i love both of their games

I agree. He's a hard guy not to root for. Everything that's good about the game. He's potential is limitless. Not a tool this guy doesnt have in his bag.

Talent is such a weird word in football, particularly at the QB position. No one is innately talented or born to be good at throwing a football. It's an unnatural motion! One gets there by hard work, and endless repetition! Now some people are faster at getting it than others, and so going by combine and college results, obviously Tom is far from what you would consider a natural talent.

Still it actually didn't take him long to really be a good QB (contrast that with most young QBs).

In those first few years, the most immediate thing that struck me about his play was that he had wonderful anticipation and footwork in the pocket. He easily could move aside and made a lot of rushers look really bad.

The next thing was obviously the great accuracy. Brady is really the most accurate passer of his generation, and that wasn't obvious at all by watching his college performance. Its interesting too, b/c it's obviously a very mechanical accuracy. He never forces a throw that he doesn't think he can make (and those first few years there were many throws he couldn't make).

As time went on, he added range and different types of throws to his arsenal, and I think he is much more comfortable now than he used too be.

Still.. He has arguably the worst physicality in the NFL, and his arm strength is merely average. Which just goes to show you that physical talent is only one part of a whole, and chronically overvalued in pro football.

Talent is such a weird word in football, particularly at the QB position. No one is innately talented or born to be good at throwing a football. It's an unnatural motion! One gets there by hard work, and endless repetition! Now some people are faster at getting it than others, and so going by combine and college results, obviously Tom is far from what you would consider a natural talent.

Still it actually didn't take him long to really be a good QB (contrast that with most young QBs).

In those first few years, the most immediate thing that struck me about his play was that he had wonderful anticipation and footwork in the pocket. He easily could move aside and made a lot of rushers look really bad.

The next thing was obviously the great accuracy. Brady is really the most accurate passer of his generation, and that wasn't obvious at all by watching his college performance. Its interesting too, b/c it's obviously a very mechanical accuracy. He never forces a throw that he doesn't think he can make (and those first few years there were many throws he couldn't make).

As time went on, he added range and different types of throws to his arsenal, and I think he is much more comfortable now than he used too be.

Still.. He has arguably the worst physicality in the NFL, and his arm strength is merely average. Which just goes to show you that physical talent is only one part of a whole, and chronically overvalued in pro football.

thats very true. Brady kind of reminds me of steve nash.... he gets it done through skills/footwork/etc instead of just raw physical talent.

The thing is, however, if you have someone who has MASSIVE physical talent, and the other values that makes a qb great (see brady), than boy... we would be in for something (i think aaron rodgers could be that guy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back