PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most Overrated Player in Nfl right Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shockey, P.Burress, L.Coles, D.Givens(will have a VERY sub par season by his standards) J.Peterson, L.Arrington

Just a few overrated player of the top of my head.

sarge said:
Hate Manning all you want. Lord knows I do! But he has earned is spot in Canton.

Not overated in the least! Just not as good as our QB! :-D

Wow. If Manning never threw another pass in the NFL, you think he would make it into the HOF?

I think he is on track, but I wouldn't say he has already made it.

DaBruinz said:
Note sure how you could say Nate Burleson. Definitely would fall into the over-paid, but not over-rated. Unless you see them as the same thing.
Last year all i heard was about how he was supposed to have this great season and he played like complete crap.

Maybe it is because i play fantasy football.

JackBauer said:
Sorry, you're just plain wrong.

What am I wrong about? I hate to do it but I'll use facts to back up my point
(using a four year marker between the two)

Strahan is going to be 35, Freeney is going to be 28 = Freeney
Strahan had 199 tackles, Freeney 127 = Strahan
Strahan 45 sacks, Freeney 51 = Freeney
Both had basically same amt of pass deflections = tie
Forced Fumbles, Strahan has 7, Freeney has 23!!! = Freeney

If you are talking about Hall and Bailey.. go to
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133217
&
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492951

Hall 2 years and already has changed that atlanta defense around.. ONe big reason why they went to playoffs was because of his play and stability back there..

And Chad Johnson ate up Bailey ALL DAY last time they matched up.. Johnson made him look so bad that bailey's own mom screamed bloddy murder..

Vick by a mile.

Culpepper and Ray Lewis are up there too.

Last edited:
mcsully said:
What am I wrong about? I hate to do it but I'll use facts to back up my point
(using a four year marker between the two)

Strahan is going to be 35, Freeney is going to be 28 = Freeney
Strahan had 199 tackles, Freeney 127 = Strahan
Strahan 45 sacks, Freeney 51 = Freeney
Both had basically same amt of pass deflections = tie
Forced Fumbles, Strahan has 7, Freeney has 23!!! = Freeney

If you are talking about Hall and Bailey.. go to
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133217
&
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492951

Hall 2 years and already has changed that atlanta defense around.. ONe big reason why they went to playoffs was because of his play and stability back there..

And Chad Johnson ate up Bailey ALL DAY last time they matched up.. Johnson made him look so bad that bailey's own mom screamed bloddy murder..

One thing that stands out about Bailey is the number of tackles he makes. That suggests one of two things; one, that he is excellent at breaking blocks and stuffs the run (Hmmm...) OR that a lot of balls are going to his side of the field. Good corners have a conspicuous lack of big stats because everyone throws the other way, IMHO. His numbers seem a lot higher than someone like Nathan Vasher, for example.

I would agree with Lewis and disagree with Urlacher.

PatsWorldChamps said:
michael vick. not even close

Bingo You've got Bingo! A QB who can't manage to pass for 100 yards a game is acclaimed as a "Superstar" as he runs around like a chicken with its head chopped off...

DeAngelo Hall gave up an amazing number of catches and yards to WR's last year, so I think he falls well short of the hype. Yes, he makes some plays, but the Falcons were getting ***** slapped most of the time and he's a big reason why.

Who is overrated on the Patriots?

I vote for VIck as most overrated. His feet give him props but his arm should be the tell all. Hey buddy, if you want to be a running back, be a running back. I mean, if he could run like he does and throw well consistantly, okay, but unfortunately his passing game doesn't even compare to most league back ups.

Agree with Vick...

Btw,that signature quote from Borges is priceless,PWCs!

PatsWorldChamps said:
michael vick. not even close

Without question - most over rated, most over hyped

mcsully said:
As I recall he was supposed to play deeper but moss split them both times.

Nope. He had primary coverage on another receiver both times. As Bill Parcells explained, those weren't his plays. Aaron Glenn was the one who got beat.

Vick, Favre, and Lewis are the obvious top 3. They are a mediocre QB, a bad QB, and a mediocre LB yet you'd think they are among the 20 best players in the league from the way they are talked about. At least Favre and Lewis were once equal to the hype they still get. Vick has never been anything more than a sideshow.

Kearse is a guy who is living off his rookie year reputation. He's never matched those stats. He is a good pass rushing DE but is paid like a HOFer.

Sapp was the most overrated guy in the league his last few years in Tampa but everyone knows he is terrible now.

Woodson is still thought of by many as a lockdown CB which is a joke.

Peyton Manning.
Jeremy Shockey.
Keyshawn Johnson.

AdamJT13 said:
Nope. He had primary coverage on another receiver both times. As Bill Parcells explained, those weren't his plays. Aaron Glenn was the one who got beat.

How was that possible, he was playing deep and only Moss was out there running a deep route.. Oh well, bill would know more than me :)

yes! tyler agrees w/me! so vick it is... i'll agree that's vick's one of the most gifted athletes ever to play in the nfl... strong arm. super fast... biggest contract of all time... was a "savior" before he stepped on the field... too slow mentally to play QB... too much bling, and not enough weight/film room... zero "will to win" (this is brady's best quality; he refuses to lose).. would not be surprised if he is traded or cut, Schaub is better, even many falcons fans think so...

anyways... doesnt matter... tyler agrees with me, so i win

Last edited:
VJCPatriot said:
Peyton Manning.
Jeremy Shockey.
Keyshawn Johnson.

umm.. is keyshawn johnson even rated at all? maybe 10 years ago

Keegs said:
I thought about this when i woke up and the first person that popped in my head was Nate Burleson. Maybe i was thinking most overpayed but he is defintely overrated.

Who is more overrated than Nate Burleson?

Adam Vinatieri also has to get some consideration.

kurtinelson said:
Adam Vinatieri also has to get some consideration.

Hard to disagree with that after reading about him this offseason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back