PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most Overrated Player in Nfl right Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isaac said:
Absolutely, the guy can't take on a block. He's got to win this because he is compared to the greats of the game while he is all self-promotion. If you ever have a chance to hear Carl Banks rip him on sirius, it's enlightening.
Ray Lewis definitely gets my vote also.

Ot

Not to derail the thread... but what does "ten characters" mean?

khayos said:
Not to derail the thread... but what does "ten characters" mean?

You need to use ten charactors to add to a thread. Ty Law, for example, only adds 5.

Last edited:
How many people have actually seen these players?

TO is not over rated. I'm sorry.. Chad Johnson? Are you crazy?? The guy is a top 3 receiver in the league!
And someone said Eli Manning.. he was in his 2nd year and brought a very average team to the playoffs..

Yes Ray Lewis isn't what he is and I think his comments cloud peoples judgement but he is a great LB.

ROY WILLIAMS??? THE GUY IS AWESOME!!! Are people looking back at the highlights on espn when Santana Moss beat him twice to win the game??? Roy williams is still young and is pretty good playing the pass defense.. But damn strong tackling and playing the run..

Now I haven't watched every player on the list, but I have with a lot of them and feel I should voice my opinion..

Lastly, I love Brady and his game but to say Ben Roethlisberger is not over rated.. I think you need to go back and look how the steelers beat Indy.. Ben had a solid day.. They changed their offense in the post season goign from a run first to a pass first.> Ben and Tom are going to go neck and neck for years..

Last edited:
mcsully said:
ROY WILLIAMS??? THE GUY IS AWESOME!!! Are people looking back at the highlights on espn when Santana Moss beat him twice to win the game???

Roy Williams wasn't responsible for covering Moss on either of those plays.

I agree. Some of these players really aren't overrated.

Chad Johnson?
Brian Urlacher?
Reggie Wayne?

Terrell Owens is a douche, but no one can deny his talent.

Roy Williams IS overrated, and really shouldn't be playing FS.

I wouldn't say Ray Lewis is overrated, since everyone knows he's old now and starting to slow down in a big way. Lest we forget that, at one time, he was one of (if not the) best LBs to play the game.

My overrated list:

DeAngelo Hall
Ben Roethisburger (I think he's a great QB, but not QUITE as good as his hype would suggest)
Mike Vick

Last edited:
AdamJT13 said:
Roy Williams wasn't responsible for covering Moss on either of those plays.

As I recall he was supposed to play deeper but moss split them both times..

My feeling is people base their decisions on ESPN highlights..

I'll get off my soap box :p

JackBauer said:
I agree. Some of these players really aren't overrated.

Chad Johnson?
Brian Urlacher?

Terrell Owens is a douche, but no one can deny his talent.

Roy Williams IS overrated, and really shouldn't be playing FS.

I wouldn't say Ray Lewis is overrated, since everyone knows he's old now and starting to slow down in a big way. Lest we forget that, at one time, he was one of (if not the) best LBs to play the game.

My overrated list:

DeAngelo Hall

D HALL??? I've seen him play up close and on tv.. THE GUY Is a stud..
I will agree to disagree with you, Williams isn't over rated..

BTW cool name and LOVE THE SHOW.. Enjoyed how season 5 ended :)

Here's my list (in order of most overrated/overhyped)

Michael Vick (Thanks mostly to ESPN, who probably still think he's a god)
Ray Lewis
Jake Plummer (Everybody blamed Arizona, but now Denver understands)
Brett Favre (It's sad... the guy was done 3 years ago)
Peyton Manning (Chokes under pressure)
Donavon McNabb (Pukes under pressure)
Dwight Freeney (He's a one trick pony who spins on every play)
Jerry Porter
Tatum Bell (A glorified Kevin Faulk)
Culpepper (Like the ground under a tree... without moss looks pretty bare)
Ty Law

Last edited:
mcsully said:
D HALL??? I've seen him play up close and on tv.. THE GUY Is a stud..
I will agree to disagree with you, Williams isn't over rated..

Yeah, pretty much. Sean Taylor is a better safety than Williams.

As to Hall, he got punked by TO and DJackson. He's not an elite CB yet, despite all the ball-washing he receives.

mCSULLY falls over:

Freeney job is to get to the QB and makes the best LT's in the league, Jonathan Ogden look normal.. Their system is to have speed and attack the ball.. Freeney is a beast.. WOW.. He looks normal against the pats because they do a great job of doubling up on him..

JackBauer said:
Yeah, pretty much. Sean Taylor is a better safety than Williams.

As to Hall, he got punked by TO and DJackson. He's not an elite CB yet, despite all the ball-washing he receives.

I can't say Taylor better.. I only think I've seen him play once if that..

But I still disagree with HALL..

Here is someone I think that is over rated.. He is good but not great.. Champ Bailey.. I think Hall is so much better..

Last edited by a moderator:
mcsully said:
Here is someone I think that is over rated.. He is good but not great.. Champ Bailey.. I think Hall is so much better..

Not a chance that Hall is even close to Bailey yet.

And Freeney IS overrated. When you talk about complete DE's, you think Strahan, Taylor, etc. Freeney is a phenominal pass-rusher, but his run defense isn't up to par with some of the others.

Last edited:
JackBauer said:
Not a chance that Hall is even close to Bailey yet.

And Freeney IS overrated. When you talk about complete DE's, you think Strahan, Taylor, etc. Freeney is a phenominal pass-rusher, but his run defense isn't up to par with some of the others.

Teams would take Freeney all day over Strahan any day of the week.. And Hall all around game is better then Bailey.

PatsWorldChamps said:
michael vick. not even close
:ditto:................................................................................................................................

mcsully said:
Teams would take Freeney all day over Strahan any day of the week.. And Hall all around game is better then Bailey.

Sorry, you're just plain wrong.

Michael Vick aka Ron Mexico.

For as much hype as he has to only have a career 54.1 completion percentage and a 75.5 passer rating, is awful. He is talked about as one of the best players in the game, and although he may be one of the best athletes in the NFL he is one of the worst quarterbacks in the league. You are not going to win games with a quarterback who trys to escape the pocket if his first read is not open, and wants to run more than throw. The last super bowl winning quarterbacks have all been guys who can move in the pocket and make the right throws; Brady, Rothlesberger, Brad Johnson, and Kurt Warner to name the most recent. Although he provides some unbelievable highlights for SportsCenter, he is a middle of the road NFL quarterback if hes lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back