PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Reiss Ending Mailbag

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if ESPN is dropping the regional sites. They are aggressively cutting costs.

I wouldn't doubt it, they're fairly new. I read the Chicago one was the only one before Reiss.

Of course authenticity has never stopped ESPN. They'll just write Boston on top and fill it with interns articles about Hernandez' appeals and gambling news.

Reiss today has 4-5 full pats articles, then there's one by somebody else but, it's about Brady leading for MVP.

I know I read between the lines a lot, but I wonder if there isn't some passive aggressive thing going on. I assume Reiss has a contract and if they cut him they'll likely have to pay him.

He's got more Patriots space today than most any day since they started stinking up his column.

Not in New England. The number of twitter followers he has is double the next most popular (Curran, I think). So if they ax him, they're axing the most popular Patriots sportswriter.

Thanks, useful info. He is certainly someone I enjoy reading.

ESPN not only ruined Reiss' blog but the overall layout of the site is horrendous. I don't want to have to scroll down 3 pages in my browser just to see three headlines with ginormous pictures above them. Absolutely horrible.

Good. No offense to his livelyhood but to be honest I don't read it anymore anyway. I don't even click Bruschi anymore not because I don't like their work, it's because I hate Espn with a passion. I always feel like big brother is watching every word spoken, every word printed/typed.

I hope they find work elsewhere. Actually I hope Schefter breaks off from them entirely and starts his own show/enterprise and hires Bruschi, Reiss and a few other worthy counterparts.

New Englanders would rather read Common Sense than The Royal Gazette.

We've never been ones to read loyalist trash. :cool: and that is what ESPN is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes