PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Vick to visit the Jets

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
NFL Report: Michael Vick, Jets to meet - ESPN

I do not understand this move. If you want a veteran presence for young QBs, doesn't seem like Vick is the guy.

Plus he's left handed... how does that help as a backup QB?

He is Tebow with more talent, more baggage and less ethics.

NFL Report: Michael Vick, Jets to meet - ESPN

I do not understand this move. If you want a veteran presence for young QBs, doesn't seem like Vick is the guy.

Plus he's left handed... how does that help as a backup QB?

He is Tebow with more talent, more baggage and less ethics.
Excellent news!!! (This has Woody Johnson written all over it.) :singing::rocker::singing::rocker:

An older slightly less ****ty Geno. Could provide solid insurance incase Geno goes down.

You already ruined what was left of Sanchez's psyche when you brought in Tebow. Now you can ruin Geno's!!!

idiot green beans.

Except Vick is on record saying he wants to, and thinks he will be a starting QB in 2014. He's not going to accept that backup job like he did in Philly to be a team player.

This has "QB Controversy" written all over it.

SIGN THIS BEAST JESTS

Yaaay for more QB controversy in New York! Geno Smith may suck right now but at least he had some upside. Now if Vick signs, I can see Geno pouting as he sits on the bench. LOL.

But worry not, Vick is healthy for about 5 games a year, so Geno will still hit the field eventually! ;) I look forward to keeping track of the INT tally against the Jets QBs this year! LOL

I'll also be shocked if Vick settles for under 10m a year, so they'll jettison Sanchez's cap number to bring on Vick.

I kind of prefer they just keep Sanchez, by all accounts he appeared to be winning the competition last year until they literally threw him under a buss and messed up his arm. Sanchez had some pretty good games for us.

He's better now than Geno will ever be.

please don't sign Vick, I love the fact that Geno Smith is their QB

I'll also be shocked if Vick settles for under 10m a year, so they'll jettison Sanchez's cap number to bring on Vick.

I kind of prefer they just keep Sanchez, by all accounts he appeared to be winning the competition last year until they literally threw him under a buss and messed up his arm. Sanchez had some pretty good games for us.
As a Green Bean, Vick deserves a five-year contract, $50 million guaranteed. Make it happen, Idzik! :singing:

Oh Dear Lord! Please, Football Gods, please, Karma....... make this happen!

Talk about sharks at a feeding frenzy, Vick aint seen nothing until the New York Media get circling around him.

I would so love for this to happen. It'd give me quite a smile to just sit back and listen to Joe on WFAN every Monday morning. :D

please don't sign Vick, I love the fact that Geno Smith is their QB
Don't worry. If they sign Vick that place will be up for grabs like never before. Both Vick and Gee-No! will be malcontents supreme. Vick will be injured at least a third of the time (if he plays). Gee-No! will hear chants for Vick after his first interception and start sulking. This is a match made in Green Beans hell!

From JI

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
Headline-grabbing controversial figure ✔︎
Past his prime ✔︎
...and...
"[played] some of the best football of his career in the preseason"?! ✔︎
That has NY Jets written all over it. Welcome to New York Mike!

Vick to Visit Jets - Page 2

Black_Rex_Ryan.jpg

I see this as a GREAT move as it will save the fan base big money.

You see, in the past these fans have had to buy (with boasting pride) and then throw away (with ashamed guilt) their favorite quarterback jerseys. Every other year they would show up at Gillette with a different number, finally convinced it would be the jersey they would wear for a decade or more.

The list over the last few years goes like this: #16, #11, #17, #5, #11 (not chad this time but clemens), #4 (lol), #6 (butt fumble), last year #7, this year #7 again??.

So here's the money saving part. Vick being Vick will most likely insist on #7. This will equate to savings of several thousand dollars for confused Jester fans. :cool:

It's a win win situation!

I've always despised Michael Vick with a passion, going back to his "Ron Mexico" herpes-spreading incidents and airport pot smoking bust long before he was convicted of torturing and slaughtering dogs. He is slime. And anyone who wants to espouse that crap "He paid his debt to society and deserves a second chance" can stick it. Of course, we're already reading those sorts of apologies for this evil cretin on JI. The Jets are the ONLY team to court his "services" as a free agent. Garbage attracts garbage. It's a universal constant.

Oh God, please let this be true. If it is, they effectively ruin Geno Smith and we're looking at least another four years of either sucktitude or mediocrity.

The jets are expecting to sign Vick....rumors, and that he will challenge Geno for the starting job....Poor Geno.

Oh Dear Lord! Please, Football Gods, please, Karma....... make this happen!

Talk about sharks at a feeding frenzy, Vick aint seen nothing until the New York Media get circling around him.

I would so love for this to happen. It'd give me quite a smile to just sit back and listen to Joe on WFAN every Monday morning. :D

Unleash the dogs!

They may need him to play corner.

I'm not sure Vick would sign with the Jets. Vick wants to start, and I don't see him starting in NY.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back