PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Vick signing with Jets

Well, Vick is certainly better than Geno, but does this mean that they're giving up on Geno?
OF COURSE IT DOES!!! It's obvious. They're going to get what they can out of Vick, eventually peddle or dump Gee-No! and start from scratch at quarterback. This is about as far away from a vote of confidence in Smith's ability to lead the team as it can get.

Vick will start out having a couple GREAT games... a couple amazing highlight reel scrambles....

then he will get injured or just taper off towards the end of the year.

Happens. All. The. Time.

I cheer for this piece of garbage to have a career ending injury. A very painful one. The fact that he can score NFL TDs shouldn't overshadow how terrible a person he is. And no, a PR campaign acting as if he didn't understand that torturing dogs to death was wrong and oh gosh, he sure learned a lot in prison doesn't change anything. Who else but the Jets to extend his career?

I cheer for this piece of garbage to have a career ending injury. A very painful one. The fact that he can score NFL TDs shouldn't overshadow how terrible a person he is. And no, a PR campaign acting as if he didn't understand that torturing dogs to death was wrong and oh gosh, he sure learned a lot in prison doesn't change anything. Who else but the Jets to extend his career?
Agreed. I feel dirty saying it, but Vick is the only player I've ever wished injury on. He doesn't deserve the privilege of earning riches playing in the NFL and NEVER should've been allowed back in the league. Served his debt to society? "Rehabilitated"? Hardly. This scumbag was hand-held every step of the way post-conviction to say and do "the right thing" by soulless enablers with $$ in their eyes. This was one of Goodell's worst failings.

Just when we thought they might be shutting down the circus! Looks like the Jets are giving us another season of laughs.

OF COURSE IT DOES!!! It's obvious. They're going to get what they can out of Vick, eventually peddle or dump Gee-No! and start from scratch at quarterback. This is about as far away from a vote of confidence in Smith's ability to lead the team as it can get.

It is definitely a no confidence vote for right now.

But maybe they realize that throwing a rookie out there with zero skill players backing him up was a huge error and maybe a year or two learning to actually play the position might be a good idea.

Of course you have Rex and Vick developing him so the end result will be the same. I don't think it's necessarily the goal right now though.

I know that D-Jax is supposedly great friends with Vick but would he really think getting traded to that franchise would be anything other than a ****-show?

I will add that the Jets' signing Vick is so perfectly synergistic, in all the bad ways one can possibly imagine, it frightens me. Hey there evil, come join soullessness. There's money to be made and more minds to warp in the process.

Frist and top comment on PFT article on this:

So basically Revis will have a lot of interceptions and pick 6′s next year.

The good news is the Patriots will have more sacks, and forced fumbles this season. Vick has thrown 85 interceptions, and had 90 fumbles in 128 regular season games.

Yup, Vick has more turnovers than touchdowns! Now that's a winning formula! Let the QB controversy begin!!!

LOL, loving this. This is like Tebow 2.0! LOL *gets popcorn ready*

IF the Jets can pair Vick with DeSean Jackson, keep Vick relatively healthy, and shore up that defensive secondary, they could be a legitimately dangerous team to face.

On the other side of the coin, facing the AFCW (DEN, KC, SD) and the NFCN (GB, CHI, DET) could mean that an improved Jets team still struggles. This would be a good year to be facing the AFCS and NFCE. The other 6 divisions look to be at least 3 deep with potentially decent-to-good teams.

East step

How To Buttfack Your Franchise In One Easy Step...by Woodhead D. Johnson..forward by Izzy "Dizzy" Izdick...

In one sense, I'm surprised the JEST actually picked Smith. He showed his true colours on draft day #1 with his pouting diva act. Then he got a full-on welcome to the NFL that sort of shell-shocked him.

As was said earlier, his lack of supporting skill players didn't help his confidence level either, and now this.

Gonna be a fun year. :D

It's funny, it's not like the Jets' don't pick physically talented players in the draft, they just insert them into the worst possible situations to succeed.

QB controversies for year 1 QBs, wide receivers mentored by the the biggest diva's, etc.

I love having them in our division.

No matter who is running that franchise, they can't figure out the difference in "pushing" and "breaking" players. Always creating controversy at the only positions you're NOT supposed to create it at.

IF the Jets can pair Vick with DeSean Jackson, keep Vick relatively healthy, and shore up that defensive secondary, they could be a legitimately dangerous team to face.

On the other side of the coin, facing the AFCW (DEN, KC, SD) and the NFCN (GB, CHI, DET) could mean that an improved Jets team still struggles. This would be a good year to be facing the AFCS and NFCE. The other 6 divisions look to be at least 3 deep with potentially decent-to-good teams.

I have the feeling the AFCW is gonna fall off a bit. Denver is going to be Denver , but I can see KC and SD struggling.

This is just too good to be true. I mean, just when you thought that the New Jersey team might stop being a circus, they bring in the guy in the Center Ring under the Big Top.

Vick's initial comments in the NY media suggest that he thinks he can take the QB job from Geno and will be competing with him for it, even though the Jets made it clear that the job is Smith's.

This can only keep getting better and better.

The Jests are a gift that keeps on giving.

Idzik must really hate Ryan to put him in the situation he's putting him in next season. This is a guaranteed QB controversy and that team has pretty much zero chance of going to the play-offs. Rex will be begging to be fired when this season is over.

Everyone needs to be realistic here, Mario Williams, Cameron Wake, or Chandler Jones will sack Vick in the first 1-3 weeks of the season, and he will suffer some type unserious injury and miss the remainder of the season but will be questionable on the next 14-16 injury reports.

If the Pats ever signed him, I'd root for someone else. Not kidding.

I feel the same way, and after reading a Jets board this morning so do some of the Jets fans.

Vick really is a piece of garbage. The fact that anyone could support him just because he puts on a jersey is evidence we have a really bankrupt culture in a lot of ways. TV is the ultimate magician. It can really turn sinners into saints and saints into sinners. The whole thing is basically one giant trick.

The Vick signing makes me hope we can work out a deal with Wilfork. I'd love to see the big man catch him in a really awkward blind side that brings about the kind of devastation sure to get millions of hits on youtube.

I hope he lives up to his typical fragile self. Just seeing the Carolina MNF game and how much we really struggled with scrambling QBs. Even if he's on the decline, that game was just awful containment-wise.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back