PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Vick signing with Jets

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m

Filed to ESPN: QB Michael Vick is signing with the New York Jets, per team and league sources.

Well, the AFC East just got a lot more interesting.

A day late and a dollar short...or actually about four years late.

Typical Jets move.

If they get DJax and draft someone like Ebron they can certainly have a top 15, maybe top 10 offense as long as Vick stays healthy (basically for about 8 games).

Good thing they don't have anything resembling an NFL caliber corner and half of a safety on the roster.

1 year, 5 mil. They save 3 mil off Sanchez.

Really, people see this as a positive move? Have people seen the Michael Vick of the past two years?

1 year, 5 mil. They save 3 mil off Sanchez.
I believe Li'l Marky's contract was guaranteed. I don't think they saved a penny by cutting him.

Just quoting NFL Network on the cap space.

Today's cut avoided a 2 mil bonus, and overall savings of 8.3 mil.

Yep done deal, Geno Smith should start looking for a new number for his jersey because Vick wants to wear 7.

If they get DJax and draft someone like Ebron they can certainly have a top 15, maybe top 10 offense as long as Vick stays healthy (basically for about 8 games).

Good thing they don't have anything resembling an NFL caliber corner and half of a safety on the roster.

Top 15, top 10, why in the world would you think such a thing, from what I understand he is the backup to Geno Smith. Even if Vick starts, we are talking about a QB that has played twelve NFL seasons during which he has one season with a completion percentage over 60%, two seasons with more than 3000 yards. In addition, he has never thrown for more than 3303 yards in a season, 21 touchdowns in a season, and had one season with a QB rating over 90.

He will be 34 years old when the season starts and played a full 16 games season one time in his career, in the past two seasons he has played 17/32 games.

I hate the Vick I think he is scum, in my opinion he should not have been allowed to play in the NFL again. My personal feelings aside he has never reached his potential.

The good news is the Patriots will have more sacks, and forced fumbles this season. Vick has thrown 85 interceptions, and had 90 fumbles in 128 regular season games.

am not sure his there day one starter but it was a smart move to get someone to push the young QB something they never did with Sanchez and it hurt them

Revis is going to have a FIELD day out there vs that guy

Awesome news

Lady T chimes in:

@LT_21: Happy to see my draft mate @MikeVick joining the J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets! Great organization.

Top 15, top 10, why in the world would you think such a thing, from what I understand he is the backup to Geno Smith. Even if Vick starts, we are talking about a QB that has played twelve NFL seasons during which he has one season with a completion percentage over 60%, two seasons with more than 3000 yards. In addition, he has never thrown for more than 3303 yards in a season, 21 touchdowns in a season, and had one season with a QB rating over 90.

He will be 34 years old when the season starts and played a full 16 games season one time in his career, in the past two seasons he has played 17/32 games.

I hate the Vick I think he is scum, in my opinion he should not have been allowed to play in the NFL again. My personal feelings aside he has never reached his potential.

Vick, if he gets the starting job, as he should (surely you watched Geno play last season), will inherit last years 6th rank rushing attacking and I only said *IF* they get DJax AND draft Ebron or someone similar.

If the latter 2 don't happen the Jets will be just as big of a joke as they are now, except they'll have another QB controversy.

Two of those things have not happened yet and are both probably long shots to happen.

Once the NYC mediots and reportards get their teeth into him and Geno, there's gonnah be a wicked fun QB Controversey in JEST Land. :D

Geno's morale is going to resemble the Coney Island roller coaster ride.

Vick, if he gets the starting job, as he should (surely you watched Geno play last season), will inherit last years 6th rank rushing attacking and I only said *IF* they get DJax AND draft Ebron or someone similar.

If the latter 2 don't happen the Jets will be just as big of a joke as they are now, except they'll have another QB controversy.

Two of those things have not happened yet and are both probably long shots to happen.

Vick will get hurt for at LEAST 6-8+ games this year like every year..so that's 6+ starts for geno. This is going to be awesome

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back