PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Vick signing with Jets

I look forward to Jones and Ninkovich sacking him a lot in our two games vs the Jests.

Look! Up in the sky. It's a bird. It's a Jet. It's... it's... DOGMAN!

22-bp.jpg

Word is spreading across Jersey and beyond. The Canine Air Corps is mobilizing in advance of Ron Mexico's arrival. The dog killer will be greeted harshly.

Attachments

• Dogforce 1.jpg
    Dogforce 1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Dogforce 2.jpg
    Dogforce 2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 60
I hope he lives up to his typical fragile self. Just seeing the Carolina MNF game and how much we really struggled with scrambling QBs. Even if he's on the decline, that game was just awful containment-wise.

At this point in time, you cannot even put Vick and Cam in the same sentence.

Vick no longer has the legs that used to save him from all those broken plays he caused.

At this point in time, you cannot even put Vick and Cam in the same sentence.

Vick no longer has the legs that used to save him from all those broken plays he caused.

No doubt. I was looking at it more as our ability to contain a scrambler.

IF the Jets can pair Vick with DeSean Jackson, keep Vick relatively healthy, and shore up that defensive secondary, they could be a legitimately dangerous team to face.

On the other side of the coin, facing the AFCW (DEN, KC, SD) and the NFCN (GB, CHI, DET) could mean that an improved Jets team still struggles. This would be a good year to be facing the AFCS and NFCE. The other 6 divisions look to be at least 3 deep with potentially decent-to-good teams.
Tend to agree with this to a point but I though he would have been a better fit in Minnesota due to a better run game although there might not have been any mutual interest there. Really before he signed with the Jets I didn't hear much about him in free agency whatsoever.

Since the Jets don't have a run game or run a quick offense I'm thinking it should lead to Vick making more mental mistakes compared to when he was in Kelly's offense which will not only lead to turnovers but will result in him taking more hits.

First Sanchez/Tebow, then Sanchez/Geno, and now Geno/Vick... I have come to the conclusion that the New York Jets QB situation is similar to that of the Order of the Sith. There will always be two of them: one who sucks, and another who sucks less. Rather than gaining the skill to usurp the starter, however, the understudy waits until the starter starts sucking more than he does.

I hope he lives up to his typical fragile self. Just seeing the Carolina MNF game and how much we really struggled with scrambling QBs. Even if he's on the decline, that game was just awful containment-wise.

Ninkovich is usually great at containment. It was one of his worst games. Cam will do that to the best of them.

Vick is probably washed up but he is still better than geno. What I don't understand and what I don't hear anyone talking about is that geno had 4 games in row in the second half of the season that were the worst four games I have ever seen by a pro. Worst than blaine gabbert worst than Scott Mitchell, I don't understand how they can think this guy can be a starting qb. I know he was better in his last few games but he still looked awful. His receiving core was no better or worse than ours for most of the year. Believe me Edelman would not have 40 catches as a jet. I wonder how long they will trot this guy out who seemingly has no mind for the game. Oh by the way he had 29 completions for 376yd 0 tds and 6 picks over those four games....wow glad I'm not a jets fan

What I don't understand and what I don't hear anyone talking about is that geno had 4 games in row in the second half of the season that were the worst four games I have ever seen by a pro.

search last season's 2013 Jets Suck thread...you'll find hundreds of posts talking about Gee-no! from every game he played.

search last season's 2013 Jets Suck thread...you'll find hundreds of posts talking about Gee-no! from every game he played.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip.. From what I remember the media went pretty soft on this guy and I would think the move would be to bench this guy permanetly. I guess because the by some miracle won 8 games last year they are still willing to let him compete for a starting job. Even Brandon weeden looked better than geno and he was a first round pick. He has a better completion percentage a better qb rating and much better td/interception ration and he's gone as he should be. Well I guess that why the jets are the jets.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I love what Vick had to say in his presser, especially how many times he wants to "Push" Geno :)

"As of right now I’m planning to come in and compete with Geno [Smith]. I’ll push him as hard as I can, push him to be the best."

"Well, I thought it was a great opportunity to come in and compete [and] push Geno, who I have a great friendship and relationship with."

"We both agreed we're going to push one another and make each other better. So whatever happens, happens."

"Well, anywhere I go, or any team, I'm always going to compete for the number one spot. It's all about pushing one another, trying to be the best that you can be."

"I think it’s open competition every day. I think there's going to be competition and we're going to compete every day, push one another."

Freakin hilarious. :cool:

Geno should watch his back to ensure he does not get "pushed" like a dog.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back