PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Smith: Pioli to KC, Caserio will be new VP of Player Personnel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the fans are on a death watch..
My uncle in KC was excited when Herm was named because he was a "defensive minded coach"... I laughed at him and told him in a year he'd want to slash his wrists. Didn't even take him that long to call me near tears... my favorite conversation was the one that started with, "Is he dumb? And I don't mean that as an insult, I mean is he genuinely unintelligent?" :D
image.jpg

God I wish we could get him back in the AFC East.

My uncle in KC was excited when Herm was named because he was a "defensive minded coach"... I laughed at him and told him in a year he'd want to slash his wrists. Didn't even take him that long to call me near tears... my favorite conversation was the one that started with, "Is he dumb? And I don't mean that as an insult, I mean is he genuinely unintelligent?" :D
image.jpg

God I wish we could get him back in the AFC East.

arnt the jets looking for a coach???

Well, so far the Jets are still 3-4, the Broncos are possible to switch, the Browns are still 3-4 and the Chiefs are unknown. We could end up with 2 new 3-4 teams in the league.

Ideally, KC stays as a 4-3 (don't see why Pioli would have more pull over what defense they run than the coach), the Jets begin the transition back to 4-3, and the Broncos hire Mike Nolan as DC and he sticks with the 4-3. Not sure if McDaniels would dictate what defense should be played over the DC.

McDaniels and Pioli know squat about the 4-3 or what kinds of players for that system. They'll be switching to 3-4, or fail in keeping a 4-3 where they have no expertise.

Media guide nuggets - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com
Brian Flores (formerly a scout) and Shane Waldron (a graduate assistant at Notre Dame the last three years) are new additions to the coaching staff, with the official title of "coaching assistant".

Kevin Bickers, formerly a coaching assistant, is now a special assignment scout.
Let's see, BB needs to fill two positions on offense: Coordinator and QB's coach. He also (reportedly) needs to fill Special Teams Coordinator, and may need to fill Defensive Back's coach.

I'm inclined to think WR's coach Bill O'Brien and TE's coach Pete Mangurian are the leading prospects for Offensive Coordinator.

Looking at the three guys listed above, Waldron, Bickers, and Flores have similar progressions to Josh McDaniels and Nick Caserio:

Here is Waldron's bio from the ND team site: Player Bio: Shane Waldron :: Football Boy is this bio a BB classic.

Kevin Bickers wikipedia bio: Kevin Bickers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brian Flores wikipedia bio: Brian Flores - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does anyone recall when Ivan Fears missed some of Training Camp? BB had one of his scouts in coaching the RBs, I'm sure he has a pool of emergency coaches as well as coaches in training between the Player Personnel folks and the coaching assistants. Bill built an organization to support the team.

Ideally, KC stays as a 4-3 (don't see why Pioli would have more pull over what defense they run than the coach), the Jets begin the transition back to 4-3, and the Broncos hire Mike Nolan as DC and he sticks with the 4-3. Not sure if McDaniels would dictate what defense should be played over the DC.

Nolan is a 3-4 guy...although not a 2 gap like NE.

good luck to Pioli; it was a nice run and he was one of the 'key' for our victories

i wish him all the best

huge loss this one

but, again, thanks to Scott !

That's it in a nutshell. Cross-train your people.

If you are capable of doing it.

That is how BB came up and it has become his paradigm for dealing with his football operation and the shifting personnel situation of professional football. For the most part, the people he chooses/promotes/shifts fit in wherever they are put on the Patriots, but maybe not so much on other teams. Romeo was not head coach material. Weis is maybe not college coach material. I think the Rat did a pretty good job, but he pissed off the Jets FO and fans. Let's see how he fits in with the Brownies.

McDaniels and Pioli will be interesting to watch.

I hope they are successful, but if they don't do well out of the gate, my guess is the Chief and Bronco fans will not be patient, given that these two were disciples of the Dark Lord of Football. In any case, if they do well, like Dimitrof, their success will reflect positively on Belichick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST