PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Meriweather [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Meriweather

Chill out fellas,the boy isn't going to be punk by loud mouth jerk....Rodney is going to give a pass....Oh,did I say Rodney,that right he is back!!!

I also thought he played well.

I noticed right when he came on the filed and was paying close attention to him.

I thought he was smack talki a bit much.

I don't mind the smack so much as he seemed intent on not letting it go.

It was like, allright already, go the the phucking huddle and find out what the next play is.

I don't know that we neutralized TJ. He caught 10 balls.

so is the rookie going to stop jawing when the team is up by 17 and he's trying to intimidate whosyourmamma? Vrabel pushes him away, but he comes back. I think he's the one who needs to get jawed.

TJ got up talkin' and Meriweather talked back. Incidently the one mistake he did make was pushing Chad out of bounds. But, he displayed some of his coverage and tackling ability.

Hobbs has been running his mouth since he was a rookie too. I've got no problem with players who are confident. And do we know who started the flame war? No. It was probably Houshmandzadeh. Housh is known smack talker.

Bingo, you've got bingo. Seriously people, find something else to b*tch about.

The kid has uncanny natural ability and speed. When he marries that to a firm knowledge of the defensive system and his place in it look out.

Before I read this thread this AM thought that #31 played well, some attitude and a whole lot of skill and speed... I dunno... still not convinced that I was wrong. He talks a lot, but so do most of them... I like his chippiness and someday will fill the shoes of #37. Not sure if he is supposed to after he hits Houz.. if he is supposed to offer his hand and say nice to meet you???

so is the rookie going to stop jawing when the team is up by 17 and he's trying to intimidate whosyourmamma? Vrabel pushes him away, but he comes back. I think he's the one who needs to get jawed.

Couldn't agree with you more. He needs to shut up and play.

Hobbs has been running his mouth since he was a rookie too. I've got no problem with players who are confident. And do we know who started the flame war? No. It was probably Houshmandzadeh. Housh is known smack talker.

But, Hobbs has not run his mouth this year. He even stated as much. Hobbs learned. Will this kid?

No stomp, no flag. Let 'em play!!!:eek:

The Rookie better get with the program... or Belichick's going to order a "Code Red".

Last edited:

I thought that he played very good last night. WHosyourmomma is a very big WR and a tough guy to bring down and I thought Merriweather did a great job with him. His best play was that screen/backwards pass where he came right up, wrapped him up and killed whatever play they had going.

I too, could do without the trash talking, but you never know what these guys are saying to him. Merriweather looks like he belongs and the beauty of the Pats is that he will have time to mature into a starting role.

I thought that Chad did a little "dive" on the sidelines, plus I think he tripped over a camera cord too.

The bottomline here is he is a rookie and will only get better!!!!

Some of you people need to stop acting like the Patriots should be a bunch of choir boys.

I thought Meriweather looked pretty good when he was in the game last night. He is a VERY solid tackler.

I like that attitude in a rookie DB. He may be pressing the issue a bit now and then, but it shows he feels like he belongs on the field with the veterans. His position calls for swagger and arrogance. It's a lot of one-on-one and personalities getr tangled up out there, and I think it's good that he holds his ground against the best in the business.

Last edited:

I was happy with what I saw from Meriweather. He seems like just the kind of on-field psychopath I want playing safety for my team.

Last edited:

The only thing he needs to watch is that push out of bounds, that'll draw a flag more times than not.

Merriweather

I have gone back and forth on how I feel about him since he was drafted. At first I was dissapointed because of his "character" issues but then I warmed up to the idea of him being on the Pats. Last night he seemed to play a bit more than the previous games. To me it looked like he was a ticking time bomb out on the field. He could have been flagged for unnecessary roughness which doesn't bother me that much but all the jawing he was doing toward the end of the game i felt was a little unnecessary. Houshmazzili appears to be a real **** and would piss me off as well but BM was in his face with prolonged **** talk. The next time down on kickoff coverage it looked like he was getting into it with a bunch of Bengal special team duds. I am sure the Bungles were talking as well but i didnt notice any of our Vets carrying on with all that talk and it kind of bothered me that Mr. Character looked like he was borderline losing control. He seems really immature. Did anyone else notice this? What do you think?

Harrison is back, he will show the rookie how to trash talk by hitting them hard....very hard.

Wow, what a joke this thread is. The constant moralizing that goes on here is sad. The kid isn't Jack the Ripper and he doesn't have to put on a bow tie and dance a little jig for you.

He's young and he's trying to establish his foundation in the league. Nothing more, nothing less. Rodney has barked at people his entire career. Get over it.

Wow, what a joke this thread is. The constant moralizing that goes on here is sad. The kid isn't Jack the Ripper and he doesn't have to put on a bow tie and dance a little jig for you.

He's young and he's trying to establish his foundation in the league. Nothing more, nothing less. Rodney has barked at people his entire career. Get over it.

I don't know...I don't think the complaints are finger-wagging moralizing. Lots of great players talk trash and make enemies, and fans love it. (Exhibit A: Rodney Harrison.) The concern was that Meriweather looked like he was having trouble staying in control. The out-of-bounds hit, the fact that his teammates were having to restrain him are the issues. We want Rodney-style trash talking and punishing hits, not Deangelo Hall-style blown gaskets.

I think Meriweather will get it, though. He's supposed to be a smart kid with a good football mind. And his actual play last night was encouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft