PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Meriweather [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiZa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
so is the rookie going to stop jawing when the team is up by 17 and he's trying to intimidate whosyourmamma? Vrabel pushes him away, but he comes back. I think he's the one who needs to get jawed.

Re: Meriweather

He'll fall into line. He played pretty well, and he's feisty, he just needs to be a little smarter in the future. He didn't draw a flag though, so it's okay.

so is the rookie going to stop jawing when the team is up by 17 and he's trying to intimidate whosyourmamma? Vrabel pushes him away, but he comes back. I think he's the one who needs to get jawed.

I noticed that too. . . . . .:rolleyes: . He looked good out there. Was that the play in which he made a nice open field tackle for a loss?

I argee with you all off season it was all "Moss is trouble" but I think that this kid need to get his act together or else he will be out of a job.

Hobbs has been running his mouth since he was a rookie too. I've got no problem with players who are confident. And do we know who started the flame war? No. It was probably Houshmandzadeh. Housh is known smack talker.

Last edited:

I noticed that too. . . . . .:rolleyes: . He looked good out there. Was that the play in which he made a nice open field tackle for a loss?

it was a play or two before that. He wants to do a good job, but it seems he needs someone to get mad at him for motivation

So the kid was talking trash? Maybe TJ was talking. Maybe Meri wanted to show him up. Some of you guys need to chill out.

Last edited:

Eh. Even if he is at fault, it's the perfect teaching opportunity. We won the game, he didn't get a penalty, he showed a little fire, and now the vets will smack him down but also encourage him. I mean, I'd rather he just "get it" and be like Deion Branch was his rookie year, but that hardly ever happens. Short of that, this incident is almost ideal.

when you see him he looks good....

Meriweather played well with his opportunities, but he could have had a couple of personal fouls. The late hit out of bounds and he also hit the ball carrier after the whistle on another play. I like agression, but he needs to learn a little more self control before he becomes a liability.

He is a rookie and will learn though.

Last edited:

Oh be quiet. Meriweather had a very solid game so I think he deserves the right to be energized. He is a great tackler. I loved when he got the receiver behind the line and kept moving him back. Housh?

Rosey Colvin talks trash. Has never stopped.

He played well. He's a rookie and he's enjoying the competition, which is healthy. As someone before said, Hobbs was the same way and I think it's safe to say that he's become a pretty solid CB for us.

Give him a break.

I argee with you all off season it was all "Moss is trouble" but I think that this kid need to get his act together or else he will be out of a job.

Potential candidate for most ridiculous post of the year. No team looks at the first 4 games of a guys career and determines whether he can play in the league or not.
And how can he lose a job that he hasn't even gotten yet?

You know things are OK when this is the supposed negative of the game. Jeez, talk to me when the guy misses a tackle.

I like the play in which he was jawing. I like his confidence! This isn't nursery school. Whosyamamma was jawing too, and he was stopped after a couple of fakes. I expect some exuberance from rookies and like to see it!

was impressed with his tackling...he wraps you up and you go down.

I loved the should have been unnecessary roughness on Meriweather. That was a little push and the Bengals sideline went insane. I loved the no call. :D

Meriweather is a terrific tackler and I was very pleased with what I saw tonight.

Last edited:

I'd rather see him aggresive,and self confident than timid and laid back.You can always tone the aggresivness down,but I don't think you can instill it. I sort of look at it as you can't teach speed,well the same might be said for being confident.

I like it, personally. At the time, I thought it was possible trouble. In retrospect, it's juvenile bravado that shows balls. TJ is tough, tough, tough. #31 neutralized and told him so. TJ is a talker and BW prolly told him to shut up and show him something. No harm, no foul.

Good to see the kid getting worked in. I hope to see him with Rodney come the play-offs. Receivers will hear footsteps and runners will look to avoid mean hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes